maybe gyno maybe not?

ofwolfandman

Awards
hey guys i have had an issue with my left nipple for about 3 years now and it is driving me nuts so hopefully you guys can hep. my right one is normal. but ever since about three years ago, my left nipple seems to have started growing extra areola tissue??? there is no bump under my nipple and it does not hurt and it's not inflamed or anything. its just like there is more skin to it than my right one. for example when my nipples get hard, my right one (the normal one) is tight to my chest but the left wrinkles up a whole bunch of times and sticks out about three times as much as the other one. I have no idea what this could be but it is annoying the hell out of me. Please give me some suggestions about what you think it could be or what to do?? thanks

dkkon1

dkkon1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Go to your docter...............
Better yet go to your doctor ;)

Sounds like an estrogen related problem (technically it's not gyno unless there's a lump), but chance are it's along those lines. I had the same thing happen to me after a superdrol cycle, no lump just 2 puffy nipples.d

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
so dkkon what did you do about the puffy nipples, or have they just stayed that way?

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
In all honesty it's likely to be gyno.. I mean, to have it on one side and not the other is a pretty strong indicator, but who cares, I have it too :D

but yours sounds pubertal (like mine) -- which is a **** up the bum cause aside from surgery there's not much (that I'm aware of) that will make it go away.. and I that sh!t isn't covered under insurance unless you can somehow chalk it up to severe social anxiety or something redonk.. AND you don't mind people cutting your flesh :) no thanks haha

I think some people have success with ralox or some other serm and all that noise but it's almost always in relation to AAS-induced gyno and not the established, pubertal version that has been apparent for years..

Either way, if you've got some size and some appeal, a puffy nip isn't gonna be a big deal to anybody else -- and it shouldn't be to you either -- good luck!

ValorOfOne

ValorOfOne

Awards
In all honesty it's likely to be gyno.. I mean, to have it on one side and not the other is a pretty strong indicator, but who cares, I have it too :D

but yours sounds pubertal (like mine) -- which is a **** up the bum cause aside from surgery there's not much (that I'm aware of) that will make it go away.. and I that sh!t isn't covered under insurance unless you can somehow chalk it up to severe social anxiety or something redonk.. AND you don't mind people cutting your flesh :) no thanks haha

I think some people have success with ralox or some other serm and all that noise but it's almost always in relation to AAS-induced gyno and not the established, pubertal version that has been apparent for years..

Either way, if you've got some size and some appeal, a puffy nip isn't gonna be a big deal to anybody else -- and it shouldn't be to you either -- good luck!

Bravo. I agree completely.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I think some people have success with ralox or some other serm and all that noise but it's almost always in relation to AAS-induced gyno and not the established, pubertal version that has been apparent for years
1: J Pediatr. 2004 Jul;145(1):71-6. Related Articles, Links

Comment in:

* J Pediatr. 2005 Apr;146(4):576; author reply 576-7.

Beneficial effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen in the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia.
Lawrence SE, Faught KA, Vethamuthu J, Lawson ML.
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

OBJECTIVES: To assess the efficacy of the anti-estrogens tamoxifen and raloxifene in the medical management of persistent pubertal gynecomastia.

STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective chart review of 38 consecutive patients with persistent pubertal gynecomastia who presented to a pediatric endocrinology clinic. Patients received reassurance alone or a 3- to 9-month course of an estrogen receptor modifier (tamoxifen or raloxifene).

RESULTS: Mean (SD) age of treated subjects was 14.6 (1.5) years with gynecomastia duration of 28.3 (16.4) months. Mean reduction in breast nodule diameter was 2.1 cm (95% CI 1.7, 2.7, P <.0001) after treatment with tamoxifen and 2.5 cm (95% CI 1.7, 3.3, P <.0001) with raloxifene. Some improvement was seen in 86% of patients receiving tamoxifen and in 91% receiving raloxifene, but a greater proportion had a significant decrease (>50%) with raloxifene (86%) than tamoxifen (41%). No side effects were seen in any patients.

CONCLUSION: Inhibition of estrogen receptor action in the breast appears to be safe and effective in reducing persistent pubertal gynecomastia, with a better response to raloxifene than to tamoxifen. Further study is required to determine that this is truly a treatment effect.

PMID: 15238910 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
1: J Pediatr. 2004 Jul;145(1):71-6. Related Articles, Links

Comment in:

Beneficial effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen in the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia.
Lawrence SE, Faught KA, Vethamuthu J, Lawson ML.
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

OBJECTIVES: To assess the efficacy of the anti-estrogens tamoxifen and raloxifene in the medical management of persistent pubertal gynecomastia.

STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective chart review of 38 consecutive patients with persistent pubertal gynecomastia who presented to a pediatric endocrinology clinic. Patients received reassurance alone or a 3- to 9-month course of an estrogen receptor modifier (tamoxifen or raloxifene).

RESULTS: Mean (SD) age of treated subjects was 14.6 (1.5) years with gynecomastia duration of 28.3 (16.4) months. Mean reduction in breast nodule diameter was 2.1 cm (95% CI 1.7, 2.7, P <.0001) after treatment with tamoxifen and 2.5 cm (95% CI 1.7, 3.3, P <.0001) with raloxifene. Some improvement was seen in 86% of patients receiving tamoxifen and in 91% receiving raloxifene, but a greater proportion had a significant decrease (>50%) with raloxifene (86%) than tamoxifen (41%). No side effects were seen in any patients.

CONCLUSION: Inhibition of estrogen receptor action in the breast appears to be safe and effective in reducing persistent pubertal gynecomastia, with a better response to raloxifene than to tamoxifen. Further study is required to determine that this is truly a treatment effect.

PMID: 15238910 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
ah that's an interesting write-up you've found..

but that's great -- I'll be sure to tell any 14 year old kids I run across that they should try ralox.. I guess we should get some more hormonal early teens in here and try it on them -- instead of men with stabilized hormones in their mid-20s who are years past puberty.

I guess I should have also bolded the word almost in the sentence that you've quoted -- emphasizing the fact that there certainly could be/have been people who have used a serm for successful gyno reduction -- sorry everybody, I get careless sometimes.

ofwolfandman

Awards
well guys i dont know if youve ever heard of putting icy hot on your nipples or not but i did and it is supposed to pull fluid out or something...well a few hours after the icy hot my nipple is definately shrinking....so i dont know if its fluid build up from something or gyno. i guess i'll find out on thursday! doctors app.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
well guys i dont know if youve ever heard of putting icy hot on your nipples or not but i did and it is supposed to pull fluid out or something...well a few hours after the icy hot my nipple is definately shrinking....so i dont know if its fluid build up from something or gyno. i guess i'll find out on thursday! doctors app.
seriously? I've never heard that but that's pretty interesting.. let me know if that effect lasts with you or if it's just like a temporary thing -- see if your doc has any info on that!

ofwolfandman

Awards
yea preparation h is supposed to work even better haha....so weird

Link24

Awards
  • Established

That is really interesting please do share an more information you obtain about this.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
ah that's an interesting write-up you've found..

but that's great -- I'll be sure to tell any 14 year old kids I run across that they should try ralox.. I guess we should get some more hormonal early teens in here and try it on them -- instead of men with stabilized hormones in their mid-20s who are years past puberty.

I guess I should have also bolded the word almost in the sentence that you've quoted -- emphasizing the fact that there certainly could be/have been people who have used a serm for successful gyno reduction -- sorry everybody, I get careless sometimes.

:whiner:

ofwolfandman

Awards
alright guys i finally went to my doctor about this and he notified me that it is scar tissue from puberty under my nipple. He said that during those years, that tissue is very suseptable to injury and I was probably wrestling around sometime and injured that tissue...so there's scar tissue there now. so yea...is there anything that would break up that scar tissue or something? ralox? any creams or something? any input would be awesome

ofwolfandman

Awards
really? what do i do mix them or something? could you explain how that would work to make scar tissue go away? thanks...

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
its more effective in reducing scar tissue during healing of lacerations but worth a try as your injuries occured earlier. just jab an e capsule and let the oil ooze out onto it and put a dab of aloe gel on it then gauze and tape it. do this for a couple of days and see if you notice anything.