Final PCT prep help

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
ok,
so I ordered my stuff, finally!
I will be cycling:
Cycle Support 1 week prior to the Epi to make sure I'm protected.
Epistane at 40mg 4 weeks or 30mg 5 weeks, seeing how I feel at week 3

Non Rx PCT with:
'serm': Post Cycle Support
Liver support: more Cycle support
Cort. Blocker: Retain2
Creatine: NOX-CG3

I had a full endocrine panel and cholesterol check within the last 9 months, all ok at the time.
SIDE SUPPS: I've already started on fish oil to keep cholesterol in check as i know cycling will likely cause bad levels to rise fast; and will be adding Super Seed to my shakes to ad fiber, omega 3's and a more diverse protein source.

I feel like I'm leaving out an aromatase inhibitor, but isn't that the function of the resveratrol in PCS? I just keep thinking about how it's been suggested to ramp UP on your AI while ramping down on your SERM, which is confusing in this case as in lieu of an Rx SERM it's suggested you use PCS. My final questions are:
for the retain2, should I dose according to label, or modify?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
aromatase inhibitors prevent the amount of estrogen conversion while trans-resveratrol (if it truly works like a serm...some people disagree on this..) would prevent estrogen from binding to cretin receptors in the body, such as in the breast.

i would think it would be a good idea to have nolva on hand. also, the common trend is to start at 10-20mg the first week then work up to 30-40mg if its your first cycle.

tsplittorff

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey man I partly agree with heebs, if your not willing to use a serm u should at least get an AI and maybe a natural test booster to throw in there.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Hey man I partly agree with heebs, if your not willing to use a serm u should at least get an AI and maybe a natural test booster to throw in there.
ME:
'I feel like I'm leaving out an aromatase inhibitor, but isn't that the function of the resveratrol in PCS?'

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
If your concerned about an AI, check out Trione over at Nutraplanet. Many don't feel its necessary for an Epi cycle. While PCS may be enough for a Epi PCT, it would still be prudent to have a SERM like Nolva on hand. We just don't have enough data to say with confidence that a SERM is not needed when using PCS. Maybe in time, but not at this point.

I'm personally running an Epi cycle 40/50/50/50 and I'll be doing PCS and DHEA for my PCT. I do, however, have Nolva on hand in the event that I need it.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
If your concerned about an AI, check out Trione over at Nutraplanet. Many don't feel its necessary for an Epi cycle. While PCS may be enough for a Epi PCT, it would still be prudent to have a SERM like Nolva on hand. We just don't have enough data to say with confidence that a SERM is not needed when using PCS. Maybe in time, but not at this point.

I'm personally running an Epi cycle 40/50/50/50 and I'll be doing PCS and DHEA for my PCT. I do, however, have Nolva on hand in the event that I need it.
Appreciate the response. I may just do a pulse cycle with the Epi
as I really don't feel comfortable with Rx meds without doctor supervision. In that case, is running the PCS afterwards adviseable,
or should I save it for the future?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I just got done doing an Epistane Pulse Cycle.

Did it like this and it worked GREAT!

Weeks 1 - 4
Epistane on workout days.
POST Cycle Support 2 caps AM 2 caps PM
Cycle Support 1 scoop AM 1 scoop PM

PCT weeks 5 - 8
POST Cycle Support 2 caps AM 2 caps PM
Cycle Support 1 scoop AM 1 scoop PM

Nice and easy. So far have kept all my gains.

Yes you are right POST Cycle Support is a test booster

CROWLER

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
See my FAQ for other information in my signature.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate the response. I may just do a pulse cycle with the Epi
as I really don't feel comfortable with Rx meds without doctor supervision. In that case, is running the PCS afterwards adviseable,
or should I save it for the future?
dude, serm or no serm is up to you, im not trying to give you a hard time about that but just want to point something out. the fact of the matter is you dont want a serm because your doctor didnt prescribe one for you. so your more concerned about the serm usage then the fact that your about to consume a steroid under your own advisement. i just dont get why people are so willing to use dangerous steroids but are scared of the serm aspect which is used as a 'protective measure'. like i said , not trying to give you a hard time about the serm thing as many dont use on for epi, but just trying to make a generalized point.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
dude, serm or no serm is up to you, im not trying to give you a hard time about that but just want to point something out. the fact of the matter is you dont want a serm because your doctor didnt prescribe one for you. so your more concerned about the serm usage then the fact that your about to consume a steroid under your own advisement. i just dont get why people are so willing to use dangerous steroids but are scared of the serm aspect which is used as a 'protective measure'. like i said , not trying to give you a hard time about the serm thing as many dont use on for epi, but just trying to make a generalized point.
It's not because a doctor hasn't perscribed it, it's because it's designed for women with breast cancer. Keeping that in mind it just seems potentially very risky in ways completely unknown. The more common anabolics are designed to produce the effects we're taking them for. I mean, if you were really fat, you could have a stomach procedure done. It can be dangerous and comes with its own risk, but it's designed for its specific purpose. Alternatively you could aslo lose a ton of weight by picking up a meth or heroine habit, but that'd be over kill and probably dangerous, see what i mean?
I have picked up a bottle of tamox btw just in case. The more I read and educate the more I see how it really is considered standard protocol, and I haven't read any horror stories regarding its use.

dmangiarelli

dmangiarelli

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's not because a doctor hasn't perscribed it, it's because it's designed for women with breast cancer. Keeping that in mind it just seems potentially very risky in ways completely unknown. The more common anabolics are designed to produce the effects we're taking them for. I mean, if you were really fat, you could have a stomach procedure done. It can be dangerous and comes with its own risk, but it's designed for its specific purpose. Alternatively you could aslo lose a ton of weight by picking up a meth or heroine habit, but that'd be over kill and probably dangerous, see what i mean?
I have picked up a bottle of tamox btw just in case. The more I read and educate the more I see how it really is considered standard protocol, and I haven't read any horror stories regarding its use.

I am logging a PCS/LX/SAMe/6-oxo PCT right now with blood work. I am doing this because of threads like this one. There are a lot of people like you that don't want to take a SERM for whatever reason. It really isn't important to me why you don't want to take one. What is important is finding a protocol people can follow that works. the log is at bb.com in the supp log section if you are interested.

Heebs, I understand your point. But isn't it just the same as all these people taking a steroid and not getting blood work? That should be protocol too. There are too many people that "feel" recovered from a cycle but truly never know. I have recently seen blood work from a guy that did a pulsed epi cycle and took 6-oxo for PCT. He "felt" fine and went to the doc after 3 months and got some routine bloodwork. His test was 129! Normal is 250... He is in his early 30's. YIKES! :eek:

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
IBut isn't it just the same as all these people taking a steroid and not getting blood work? That should be protocol too. There are too many people that "feel" recovered from a cycle but truly never know. I have recently seen blood work from a guy that did a pulsed epi cycle and took 6-oxo for PCT. He "felt" fine and went to the doc after 3 months and got some routine bloodwork. His test was 129! Normal is 250... He is in his early 30's. YIKES! :eek:
permanently screwed test levels would suck, I have an appt. with my primary care doc for bloodwork at the end of week 4, hoping my levels will all be reasonable enough to go 6 weeks though.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
I am logging a PCS/LX/SAMe/6-oxo PCT right now with blood work. I am doing this because of threads like this one. There are a lot of people like you that don't want to take a SERM for whatever reason. It really isn't important to me why you don't want to take one. What is important is finding a protocol people can follow that works. the log is at bb.com in the supp log section if you are interested.

Heebs, I understand your point. But isn't it just the same as all these people taking a steroid and not getting blood work? That should be protocol too. There are too many people that "feel" recovered from a cycle but truly never know. I have recently seen blood work from a guy that did a pulsed epi cycle and took 6-oxo for PCT. He "felt" fine and went to the doc after 3 months and got some routine bloodwork. His test was 129! Normal is 250... He is in his early 30's. YIKES! :eek:
very valid points. finding what works best for you is indeed important and a serm may not always be needed but i find it ironic people are more worried about the serm then the steroid its self in many cases.

dmangiarelli

dmangiarelli

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
very valid points. finding what works best for you is indeed important and a serm may not always be needed but i find it ironic people are more worried about the serm then the steroid its self in many cases.
I agree 100%. From most of the posts it is completely apparent that people don't do much research before they cycle something ...