Final PCT prep help - AnabolicMinds.com

Final PCT prep help

  1. Senior Member
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    733

    Reputation

    Final PCT prep help


    ok,
    so I ordered my stuff, finally!
    I will be cycling:
    Cycle Support 1 week prior to the Epi to make sure I'm protected.
    Epistane at 40mg 4 weeks or 30mg 5 weeks, seeing how I feel at week 3

    Non Rx PCT with:
    'serm': Post Cycle Support
    Liver support: more Cycle support
    Cort. Blocker: Retain2
    Creatine: NOX-CG3

    I had a full endocrine panel and cholesterol check within the last 9 months, all ok at the time.
    SIDE SUPPS: I've already started on fish oil to keep cholesterol in check as i know cycling will likely cause bad levels to rise fast; and will be adding Super Seed to my shakes to ad fiber, omega 3's and a more diverse protein source.

    I feel like I'm leaving out an aromatase inhibitor, but isn't that the function of the resveratrol in PCS? I just keep thinking about how it's been suggested to ramp UP on your AI while ramping down on your SERM, which is confusing in this case as in lieu of an Rx SERM it's suggested you use PCS. My final questions are:
    for the retain2, should I dose according to label, or modify?

  2. Senior Member
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    733

    Reputation

    just a bump
  3. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1153

    Reputation

    aromatase inhibitors prevent the amount of estrogen conversion while trans-resveratrol (if it truly works like a serm...some people disagree on this..) would prevent estrogen from binding to cretin receptors in the body, such as in the breast.

    i would think it would be a good idea to have nolva on hand. also, the common trend is to start at 10-20mg the first week then work up to 30-40mg if its your first cycle.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    tsplittorff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    90

    Reputation

    Hey man I partly agree with heebs, if your not willing to use a serm u should at least get an AI and maybe a natural test booster to throw in there.
  5. Senior Member
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    733

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tsplittorff View Post
    Hey man I partly agree with heebs, if your not willing to use a serm u should at least get an AI and maybe a natural test booster to throw in there.
    ME:
    'I feel like I'm leaving out an aromatase inhibitor, but isn't that the function of the resveratrol in PCS?'
  6. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    zbtboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    609

    Reputation

    If your concerned about an AI, check out Trione over at Nutraplanet. Many don't feel its necessary for an Epi cycle. While PCS may be enough for a Epi PCT, it would still be prudent to have a SERM like Nolva on hand. We just don't have enough data to say with confidence that a SERM is not needed when using PCS. Maybe in time, but not at this point.

    I'm personally running an Epi cycle 40/50/50/50 and I'll be doing PCS and DHEA for my PCT. I do, however, have Nolva on hand in the event that I need it.
  7. Senior Member
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    733

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by zbtboy View Post
    If your concerned about an AI, check out Trione over at Nutraplanet. Many don't feel its necessary for an Epi cycle. While PCS may be enough for a Epi PCT, it would still be prudent to have a SERM like Nolva on hand. We just don't have enough data to say with confidence that a SERM is not needed when using PCS. Maybe in time, but not at this point.

    I'm personally running an Epi cycle 40/50/50/50 and I'll be doing PCS and DHEA for my PCT. I do, however, have Nolva on hand in the event that I need it.
    Appreciate the response. I may just do a pulse cycle with the Epi
    as I really don't feel comfortable with Rx meds without doctor supervision. In that case, is running the PCS afterwards adviseable,
    or should I save it for the future?
  8. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4828

    Reputation

    I just got done doing an Epistane Pulse Cycle.

    Did it like this and it worked GREAT!

    Weeks 1 - 4
    Epistane on workout days.
    POST Cycle Support 2 caps AM 2 caps PM
    Cycle Support 1 scoop AM 1 scoop PM

    PCT weeks 5 - 8
    POST Cycle Support 2 caps AM 2 caps PM
    Cycle Support 1 scoop AM 1 scoop PM

    Nice and easy. So far have kept all my gains.

    Yes you are right POST Cycle Support is a test booster




    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  9. Professional Member
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,406
    Rep Power
    2360

    Reputation

    See my FAQ for other information in my signature.
  10. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1153

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    Appreciate the response. I may just do a pulse cycle with the Epi
    as I really don't feel comfortable with Rx meds without doctor supervision. In that case, is running the PCS afterwards adviseable,
    or should I save it for the future?
    dude, serm or no serm is up to you, im not trying to give you a hard time about that but just want to point something out. the fact of the matter is you dont want a serm because your doctor didnt prescribe one for you. so your more concerned about the serm usage then the fact that your about to consume a steroid under your own advisement. i just dont get why people are so willing to use dangerous steroids but are scared of the serm aspect which is used as a 'protective measure'. like i said , not trying to give you a hard time about the serm thing as many dont use on for epi, but just trying to make a generalized point.
    VO2 Max = 58.75mL/kg/min
    ~If Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week~
    Learn Teach Lead
  11. Senior Member
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    733

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    dude, serm or no serm is up to you, im not trying to give you a hard time about that but just want to point something out. the fact of the matter is you dont want a serm because your doctor didnt prescribe one for you. so your more concerned about the serm usage then the fact that your about to consume a steroid under your own advisement. i just dont get why people are so willing to use dangerous steroids but are scared of the serm aspect which is used as a 'protective measure'. like i said , not trying to give you a hard time about the serm thing as many dont use on for epi, but just trying to make a generalized point.
    It's not because a doctor hasn't perscribed it, it's because it's designed for women with breast cancer. Keeping that in mind it just seems potentially very risky in ways completely unknown. The more common anabolics are designed to produce the effects we're taking them for. I mean, if you were really fat, you could have a stomach procedure done. It can be dangerous and comes with its own risk, but it's designed for its specific purpose. Alternatively you could aslo lose a ton of weight by picking up a meth or heroine habit, but that'd be over kill and probably dangerous, see what i mean?
    I have picked up a bottle of tamox btw just in case. The more I read and educate the more I see how it really is considered standard protocol, and I haven't read any horror stories regarding its use.
  12. Board Sponsor
    dmangiarelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    49
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    294

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    It's not because a doctor hasn't perscribed it, it's because it's designed for women with breast cancer. Keeping that in mind it just seems potentially very risky in ways completely unknown. The more common anabolics are designed to produce the effects we're taking them for. I mean, if you were really fat, you could have a stomach procedure done. It can be dangerous and comes with its own risk, but it's designed for its specific purpose. Alternatively you could aslo lose a ton of weight by picking up a meth or heroine habit, but that'd be over kill and probably dangerous, see what i mean?
    I have picked up a bottle of tamox btw just in case. The more I read and educate the more I see how it really is considered standard protocol, and I haven't read any horror stories regarding its use.

    I am logging a PCS/LX/SAMe/6-oxo PCT right now with blood work. I am doing this because of threads like this one. There are a lot of people like you that don't want to take a SERM for whatever reason. It really isn't important to me why you don't want to take one. What is important is finding a protocol people can follow that works. the log is at bb.com in the supp log section if you are interested.

    Heebs, I understand your point. But isn't it just the same as all these people taking a steroid and not getting blood work? That should be protocol too. There are too many people that "feel" recovered from a cycle but truly never know. I have recently seen blood work from a guy that did a pulsed epi cycle and took 6-oxo for PCT. He "felt" fine and went to the doc after 3 months and got some routine bloodwork. His test was 129! Normal is 250... He is in his early 30's. YIKES!
  13. Senior Member
    Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    733

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dmangiarelli View Post
    IBut isn't it just the same as all these people taking a steroid and not getting blood work? That should be protocol too. There are too many people that "feel" recovered from a cycle but truly never know. I have recently seen blood work from a guy that did a pulsed epi cycle and took 6-oxo for PCT. He "felt" fine and went to the doc after 3 months and got some routine bloodwork. His test was 129! Normal is 250... He is in his early 30's. YIKES!
    permanently screwed test levels would suck, I have an appt. with my primary care doc for bloodwork at the end of week 4, hoping my levels will all be reasonable enough to go 6 weeks though.
  14. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1153

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dmangiarelli View Post
    I am logging a PCS/LX/SAMe/6-oxo PCT right now with blood work. I am doing this because of threads like this one. There are a lot of people like you that don't want to take a SERM for whatever reason. It really isn't important to me why you don't want to take one. What is important is finding a protocol people can follow that works. the log is at bb.com in the supp log section if you are interested.

    Heebs, I understand your point. But isn't it just the same as all these people taking a steroid and not getting blood work? That should be protocol too. There are too many people that "feel" recovered from a cycle but truly never know. I have recently seen blood work from a guy that did a pulsed epi cycle and took 6-oxo for PCT. He "felt" fine and went to the doc after 3 months and got some routine bloodwork. His test was 129! Normal is 250... He is in his early 30's. YIKES!
    very valid points. finding what works best for you is indeed important and a serm may not always be needed but i find it ironic people are more worried about the serm then the steroid its self in many cases.
    VO2 Max = 58.75mL/kg/min
    ~If Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week~
    Learn Teach Lead
  15. Board Sponsor
    dmangiarelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    49
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    294

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    very valid points. finding what works best for you is indeed important and a serm may not always be needed but i find it ironic people are more worried about the serm then the steroid its self in many cases.
    I agree 100%. From most of the posts it is completely apparent that people don't do much research before they cycle something ...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. BIG A's Prep
    By Future in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 07:34 PM
  2. Contest Prep cycle and contest prep help
    By Swoleosis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 02:40 PM
  3. Bslick69b's final results from DIENEDRONE!(final review!)
    By bslick69b in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 12:27 AM
  4. prep for 09
    By paint2100 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 07:23 PM
  5. Cycle/ PCT Prep
    By ABNRanger in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 05:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in