HPTA shut down - Please help

jchix

Awards
My HPTA has been screwed up for a few months now and I tried Sustain Alpha which doesn't seem to be working. I just started Diesel Test Hardcore to see if that works but no luck so far.

Here is my blood work. Any suggestions on a regimen to get back on track would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Testosterone - 298 (241-827)
Free Testosterone - 8.3 (8.7-25.1) Low
DHT - 32 (30-85)
Estradiol - 22 (0-53)
Prolactin 7.3 (2.1-17.7)
Cortisol - 14.9 (4.3-22.4)
LH 2.2 (1.5-9.3)
FSH 4.1 (1.4-18.1)
AST - 34 (0-40)
ALT - 35 (0-55)

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
What did you take that caused all this? How much, and for how long? What was your PCT?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In addition to the animal's question, how long have you been on DTH?

Is this after a cycle with some PCT? Need more info before I can give you some better suggestions.

jchix

Awards
Well... it wasn't steroids. I took propecia for 17 months and had all of these problems after I quit 8 months ago. My understanding is that it causes a similar HPTA disturbance that steroids would, resulting in a suppressed pituitary and testicular atrophy. (which I have)

The only PCT i've tried is Sustain Alpha about a month ago. I've been on DTH for 4 days.

I thought this would be a good place for advise.

jchix

Awards
The problem with nettle root is that is that it inhibits DHT which caused my problems in the first place (Mainly low libido). Notice that my DHT is near the bottom of the reference range.

Is there another way to lower SHGB without effecting DHT?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
or to also raise DHT at the same time. just generally nobody wants a high DHT.

jchix

Awards
DHT may be bad for your hair and prostate but it's good for libido which I am lacking right now.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just thinking aloud, but it would be worthwhile to see what your SHBG is. Outside of that, I guess you need something that rasises test in general. How long have you been using DTH? I'd suggest maybe also trying an AI like hyperdrol x2, but your e2 isn't that high. still taking it down a little would raise test.

jchix

Awards
I'll try to get my SHGB levels next time. I've only used DTH for a few days so I will finish the bottle and get tested again.

Thanks for the help!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
My HPTA has been screwed up for a few months now and I tried Sustain Alpha which doesn't seem to be working. I just started Diesel Test Hardcore to see if that works but no luck so far.

Here is my blood work. Any suggestions on a regimen to get back on track would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Testosterone - 298 (241-827)
Free Testosterone - 8.3 (8.7-25.1) Low
DHT - 32 (30-85)
Estradiol - 22 (0-53)
Prolactin 7.3 (2.1-17.7)
Cortisol - 14.9 (4.3-22.4)
LH 2.2 (1.5-9.3)
FSH 4.1 (1.4-18.1)
AST - 34 (0-40)
ALT - 35 (0-55)

Your LH is low which is causing ur Total and free test to be low. You cant free up low total test. You should see some increases on DTH, just give it some time.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I'll try to get my SHGB levels next time. I've only used DTH for a few days so I will finish the bottle and get tested again.

Thanks for the help!
right now your SHGB levels are not the problem. Usually the only people with high SHGB and everything else in tack are women on birth control. But u should get your DHEA checked.

jchix

Awards
Thanks a lot Chuck.

I quit using the Sustain Alpha because my T levels were the lowest after using it. 3 months ago I had T serum at 465 (241-827) and free T at 14.7 (8.7-25.1). This was a big drop.

All I am taking now is DTH (6 pills a day) and weight training 3x a week. I'll get tested again after finishing the bottle and be sure to include DHEA.

The testicular atrophy is the most troubling part. If this doesn't work I feel like I may have to try clomid or something.

Interlocutor

Awards
Thanks a lot Chuck.
I quit using the Sustain Alpha because my T levels were the lowest after using it. 3 months ago I had T serum at 465 (241-827) and free T at 14.7 (8.7-25.1). This was a big drop.
All I am taking now is DTH (6 pills a day) and weight training 3x a week. I'll get tested again after finishing the bottle and be sure to include DHEA.
The testicular atrophy is the most troubling part. If this doesn't work I feel like I may have to try clomid or something.
you may have to do some research on HCG, e.g. from Farma Lepori for the testicular atrophy. but be aware that this has to be injected and may have it's own sides.

also if you took the propecia for prostate issues you may wish to be careful with disturbances in test, dht and estrogen levels. are you under medical supervision?

if so, you may also consider / discuss with your doc arimidex/anastrozole at 0.5mg to 1mg for 3 or more months.

if you get your test, make sure that it's not being skewed by anything you take at the time.

also, don't expect any miracles within a few days if you were suppressed for months and your axis was offset for such a long time, it will probably take quite some time to readjust, even with herbals such as DHT to help.

T.I.

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
I think HCG would just reduce his LH output even more, since it emulates LH in the body. It might only be a temporary fix for the testicular atrophy.

jchix

Awards
Yeah I considered HCG but I'm really worried about the pituitary suppression. Is there anything out there designed just to kick start the HPTA?

Side note. Im on day 7 of DTH had a noticeable lift in libido today. Not sure if it will continue but my fingers are crossed.

Last edited: