tomoxifen

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
i read that the half life of tomoxifen is 7 days, so when using it during a pct is it necessary to dose daily or could it just be used weekly?

Interlocutor

Awards
i read that the half life of tomoxifen is 7 days, so when using it during a post cycle therapy is it necessary to dose daily or could it just be used weekly?
the recommended dosages are used daily. if you wanted to use it weekly, you'd have to take a very high dose, with a concommitant sharp spike in serum levels and a tapering off which would be very quick at first, then slowly going down over the following days. the hormonal roller-coaster induced by this may not be what you want to achieve. i've attached a very rough scetch (don't mistake this for science) to illustrate my point. you may have a lot of the stuff in the blood at the beginning of the week, a lot of which may be useless, but may have to little at the end of the week - depending on the actual amount you intend to take.

there are also concerns about toxicity, and half-life and toxicity of metabolites at such dosing. keep also in mind that tamo has been shown to be carcinogenic with rats at very high dosing (20mg/kg). and there may be concerns about IGF suppression, estradiol raise, etc. if taken at such very high dosed pulsing.

the half-life issue is generally pretty complex with tamoxifen. studies seem to indicate an elimination (!) half-life of 210 +/- 60 hours - for postmenopausal women. BUT you'll also find that the half-life is biphasic with the first phase of a few hours only which makes all of this pretty complex. also, the half-life seems to increase from a pretty low number after the first few doses to the long time seen in the studies only after a few doses have been taken.

finally you see anecdotal feedback from e.g. MD Hauser aka dinoii which seems to indicate a non-preload use with limited dosing to be best.

THE INTERLOCUTOR

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RossiRossi Post Cycle Therapy 22