Toremifene Solubility

jackery

Awards
Does anyone know the solubility properties of toremifene? I'm preparing a solution and want to know what the best non-toxic solvent would be.

Also, I've heard dosage recomendations at 120/90/60/30. Is this the weight of the toremefine, or the weight of the entire toremefine citrate molecule? I believe the citrate radical accounts for 32% of the mass.

jackery

Awards
88.5mg toremifene citrate = 60mg toremifene

That's:
(desired toremifene) * 1.475 = toremifene citrate to use[/QUOTE]

Right, 100*[(88.5-60)/88.5] = 32%

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just making sure. I didn't want to see you add 32% of 60 and think you'd have it right. Some people just don't have the math skills. Glad you do. Good luck man.

jackery

Awards
Thanks for the input. I looked and looked and got tired of looking. I tried dissolving a little bit in some USP Ethanol (undenatured). It dissolved rapidly with the addition of heat (similar an analog, tamoxifen citrate).

I'll report back after making a 100mL 30mg/mL solution and cooling it down to see if it precipitates.

jackery

Awards
I produced a 100mL volumetricly measured solution containing 4.25 grams of toremifene citrate. The resulting solution has a concentration of 30mg toremifene/mL. The crystaline powder readily dissolved into boiling ethanol (USP 90% undenatured). After cooling the solution was transferred to two containers, one glass and one polycarbonate. The solution has cooled and the solute has not precipitated. So... looks like it worked.

It'll prolly precip and I'll have to nuke it in the microwave sometime in the future (-:

Does anyone know how well testosterone base dissolves in dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO)?