SERM or Non-SERM for Hdrol?

1. Registered User
    Answers

SERM or Non-SERM for Hdrol?

Hello All,

I've been running H-Drol for five weeks at 50/75/75/75/75. I have some liquid nolva on hand but also PCT by anabolic innovations, activate extreme, lean extreme, and formestane. Should I use the Nolva, even though I have felt very minimal shutdown? Or should I use the other products? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Registered User
    Answers

bump
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

since you ran it for five weeks at a somewhat high dose, even though you may not have felt very shutdown, I'm quite sure you're still supressed to a marginal degree.

that said, I'd def. go with the Nolva.

Also, go ahead and throw the lean xtreme in there.. it'll help you stay lean while you up your cals during pct.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Answers

always use a SERM
  5. Banned
    Answers

Never try to do "just enough" PCT. Do a serious PCT every time so you KNOW you're doing it right. Why halfway take care of your nuts?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I guess that wasn't a 5 week pulse?
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RoidGracie View Post
    I guess that wasn't a 5 week pulse?
    No, definately not...and my experience is that post-cycle therapy is trickier than I had anticipated. Not sure if my regimen of SERM, 6-OXO, creatine, trib, powerfull was too much, but I seem to have one annoying side after another. First hot flashes from Nolva, then breaking out on back, now water retention (possibly from creatine)
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jnoodles View Post
    No, definately not...and my experience is that post-cycle therapy is trickier than I had anticipated. Not sure if my regimen of SERM, 6-OXO, creatine, trib, powerfull was too much, but I seem to have one annoying side after another. First hot flashes from Nolva, then breaking out on back, now water retention (possibly from creatine)
    i think i had acne from torem, or that could have meant my hormones were returning ??? i know i broke out the from it... what if you used anabolic innovations post cycle
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Definitely PCS, that's what I just finished using and will be using for next time. I'll keep checking for more feedback on it but I'm banking on it for the time. Maybe just the Nolva, PCS (for test boosting also), and an anti-cort would have been sufficient. I personally don't see the need for the trib, the 6-OXO, or the creatine. I had in the past just taken 6-OXO but now, I don't even see the need. Can someone quickly answer, why do you need an AI suicide inhibitor when you also already have a serm, particularly if you do a cycle with a compound that does not aromatize?
  10. Banned
    Answers

Breakouts during PCT is normal.
    Are you sure it's water retention and not just losing the extra hard look the exogenous androgens gave you while on?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CHA0S View Post
    always use a SERM
    For a 5week cycle of HDROL , would you believe this would suffice...

nolva
    PCS
    lean xtreme

thanks
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    For a 5week cycle of HDROL , would you believe this would suffice...

nolva
    PCS
    lean xtreme

thanks
    You should list dosages also...

but yeah, probably.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    You should list dosages also...

but yeah, probably.

I have some nolva that has been sealed in individual "blister" type packages (kind of like sudafed, where u pop it out the back of the package through foil....etc)..

Anyway, it says expieration is '07, but this has been kept in a cool, dark place over the years and was curious if this is still ok..

thanks
  14. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RoidGracie View Post
    Definitely PCS, that's what I just finished using and will be using for next time. I'll keep checking for more feedback on it but I'm banking on it for the time. Maybe just the Nolva, PCS (for test boosting also), and an anti-cort would have been sufficient. I personally don't see the need for the trib, the 6-OXO, or the creatine. I had in the past just taken 6-OXO but now, I don't even see the need. Can someone quickly answer, why do you need an AI suicide inhibitor when you also already have a serm, particularly if you do a cycle with a compound that does not aromatize?
    Hey bro. Here is your answer. In PCT you use a SERM (or Trans-res) to block estrogen receptors in Selective Tissue (in this case breast tissue). Nolvadex for instance, has been shown to raise LH vis the hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular-axis HPTA which in turn should signal the testes to make more testosterone. This is how recovery works. After a cycle, especially one that doesn't aromatize, it is likely that your test AND estrogen levels will be suppressed.

Once testosterone production is in full swing estrogen conversion becomes a concern. You add in the AI at this point (usually around week 4) to help control the conversion (aromatization) of testosterone to estrogen and help to raise test levels even faster.

Why wait until this point? Why not start an AI right away?
    Good questions! The reasoning goes something like this: After a cycle your endogenous test levels are suppressed along with all of the hormones in the HPTA loop. To get test production going again the hypothalamus must release (LHRH) Leutenizing Hormone Releasing Hormone. This signals the pituitary to release LH which tells the testes to make testosterone. This process takes a few weeks to get going. It takes even longer to get into full swing. LH will be raised on its own (and with the help of your SERM) so in the beginning of the cycle it is useless to try to boost this any more as the body is still trying to figure out WTF is up with all the hormone levels.

AI's work at the hypothalamus binding aromatase so that test is not converted to estrogen. This in effect lowers the amount of estrogen in the blood and the hypothalamus releases more LHRH and tells the pituitary to produce more LH and the testes more testosterone which is the precursor to estrogen.

Taking a high dose and tapering helps to get test levels climbing while controlling estrogen. Tapering down allows the estrogen to comeback slowly and under control and helps prevent any rebound from skyrocketing test levels.

Hope this answers your question ...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 10:39 PM
  2. serm needed or good pct for test cycle
    By rob1880 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 07:31 AM
  3. OTC or SERM for Hdrol cycle
    By twistid in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 08:55 PM
  4. X-tren PCT.. SERM or no SERM
    By xdddmmmjjjx in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 11:37 AM
  5. MassFx for PCT, With or Without SERM?
    By supersoldier in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 10:38 PM