Expiry Date of SERMs

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have an open bottle of Nolva and an unopened bottle of Clomid from a local "lab". I bought the SERMs a year and a half ago and both are in capsule form (i.e. not liquid).

They both have an expiry date of early 2008 on them so I'm wondering if anyone knows if they will still be useable/effective beyond this expiry date. I know that other compounds can be frozen/vacuum sealed to extend shelf life but am uncertain as to whether this is valid for SERMs as well.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
if it is in capsule form, yes you should be able to freeze it to prolong shelf life. how long exactly? i'm not sure. i work in a pharmacy, so i'll ask the pharmacist for you and get back with you later tonight if nobody else has replied.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if it is in capsule form, yes you should be able to freeze it to prolong shelf life. how long exactly? i'm not sure. i work in a pharmacy, so i'll ask the pharmacist for you and get back with you later tonight if nobody else has replied.
thanks so much bro...I REALLY appreciate it!

ptrain19

ptrain19

Awards
and im also wondering how long my bottle of liquid toremifene is good to last as well??

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
thanks so much bro...I REALLY appreciate it!
Your caps will last anywhere between 1 and 2 yrs after the exp. date if put in the freezer. i would say anytime after a year and a half, they would start to lose a little potency. they'd still be good though. glad i could help, man.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
and im also wondering how long my bottle of liquid toremifene is good to last as well??

if the bottle has not been opened, it should last at least 1 year. you do not want to freeze this though since it is a liquid. as long as it stays within room temperature i.e. not above 75 degrees, it wil be fine

ptrain19

ptrain19

Awards
well, I actually used a little bit of the bottle from a PCT that was in september. I ran out of one bottle and had to dip into the second one to finish off the PCT. its in a cool, dry, dark place so how long do you think I have with it?

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
if the bottle has not been opened, it should last at least 1 year. you do not want to freeze this though since it is a liquid. as long as it stays within room temperature i.e. not above 75 degrees, it wil be fine
i take this statement back after doing more research. they are good for up to 8 months, but no longer.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
well, I actually used a little bit of the bottle from a post cycle therapy that was in september. I ran out of one bottle and had to dip into the second one to finish off the PCT. its in a cool, dry, dark place so how long do you think I have with it?
It will be good until May.

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
i take this statement back after doing more research. they are good for up to 8 months, but no longer.
wow good info, I was always unsure of this. Looks like my supply has to be used up real soon:twisted:

2little

Awards
Not to hijack, but does anyone know the shelf life of nolva??

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Not to hijack, but does anyone know the shelf life of nolva??
If it is liquid nolva, then 8 months tops. If it is in tablet form, it's good for about 2 years. This applies to almost all liquid or tablet forms of medications.

Last edited:
ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
K, so at the moment I can get some insane deals on Clomid and Torm, but my cycle isn't scheduled until August, with pct starting at the very end of August, and I really don't wanna miss out on these deals.. So, what do you guys think? Will my SERMies still be fresh?

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
you will be fine as long as you do not open them. the pharmacist told me the 8 month rule applies to opened liquid medications. unopened they will be good for about 2 years or so. btw i sent you a pm.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No offense to bassgod, but please be honest:
Let's keep in mind that the 8 months is a rough general estimate that he is putting out there, as admitted in another thread. The simple fact is I've seen them still work after 2 years.

Same for talking about "after it's opened" since none of them use a vacuum seal anyway. They were basically opened when they were manufactured.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
No offense to bassgod, but please be honest:
Let's keep in mind that the 8 months is a rough general estimate that he is putting out there, as admitted in another thread. The simple fact is I've seen them still work after 2 years.

Same for talking about "after it's opened" since none of them use a vacuum seal anyway. They were basically opened when they were manufactured.

first, i would like to say thank you for the info n4cer. second, if you look at a few companies' sites, they say their chems are good for 2 - 3 years after you purchase them. the figures i gave out in previous posts came directly from a registered pharmacist regarding actual laboratory manufactured strict fda controlled prescription medications. with this in mind, they obviously keep safety and conservativeness in highest regard when giving information. when it comes to research chems, safety is pretty much non-existent. you're rolling the dice so to speak everytime you deal with them. i have never purchased any of the mentioned items myself, so i had no idea they were not sealed. now that i know this, i will DEFINITELY stick to 8 months. that is just me, again you guys can do whatever you wish. i also do not care to have any of these items in my posession for extended periods of time. to each their own. take care.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And I FULLY respect that you are giving an educated opinion. It is great to have access to such information. I only want to point out that the info is generic and not compound specific. Also expiration dates are used to make money - if you think the potency of york medicatin may be compromised you will buy more, as you indicated.

The good news is that I ran a liquid ancillary biz in the past for long enough that not only do i have a pharmacological education, but also life expriences for education. I can tell you that - at least for my formulations - 24 months is a food time frame to view as a "use by" date.

Last edited:
N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh and why worry about possessing them? If you work in a pharmacy you should know there is no charge for possession of these non-scheduled compounds.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Oh and why worry about possessing them? If you work in a pharmacy you should know there is no charge for possession of these non-scheduled compounds.
i sent you a pm.

Joker22

Awards
Do you have any idea how Toremifene would be if it was stored in a place that was not climate controlled during the summer? I put two unopened bottles in a climate controlled storage shed, and the climate control went out. I was not there for a couple of months, so I don't know how long it was out.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
do you have any idea how hot/cold it got?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It won't matter. It was heated warmer than that to get it into its solution I'm sure.

Joker22

Awards
Probably 90 to probably 40. It just depends on how long the climate control had been out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 4
Supplements 9
horizons Supplements 18
Supplements 0
anabolicloc Anabolics 0