dhea for pct?

bigman316

Awards
is dhea helpful in pct? I've seen some people mentioning it, Ill be honest i know nothing about the stuff but i thought it shut you down as well as it has andro in the chemical name. Any help is greatly appreciated.

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
lets say you take DHEA and turns into test more favorably,,,that itself is introducing extra exogenous testosterone, so I dont see how it would get back you to be normal again.

I am sure by itself (if it turns to test readily through different formulation) or to aid if you have libido problems it would be great.

thats just MY opinion, i hope someone can give you more inputs.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
opinions on using dhea are mixed.

dhea is an androgen so it can potentially cause endogenous suppression.
= not good when your goal is to restart natural hormone production.

however, it is said that if dosed moderatly you can avoid further suppression.
also the androgenic properties help restore libido, and reduce cortisol which is very important in a successful post cycle therapy.
dhea being the most abundant steroid in the human body, increasing those levels quickly following a cycle can be benefitial.
+ it is cheap.

i've tried both including dhea and not including dhea.
and i honestly couldn't really tell a difference.

so the moral to my story is: at the end of the day it probably doesn't really matter whether you include it or not, as it probably isn't going to make a huge difference in your overall post cycle therapy.

Last edited:
Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
from the studies i've read a low dose (50mg/d) can be more than sufficient in boosting DHEA above naturally occurring levels.

considering that young adult males usually produce no more than 20-25mg of DHEA per day........50mg/day can easily double blood DHEA levels within a few days.

remember, the goal in using DHEA in post cycle therapy should be to reduce cortisol and improve libido while avoiding the sides it produces. so a small dose should suffice.

as for DHEA on cycle.....i don't really see the point.

DHEA is proven to be a weak androgen so it is unlikely that it would improve your cycle.

some tend to believe that using DHEA will reduce shut-down on cycle. however, it has been shown in studies that using steroids, such as testosterone, have no impact on plasma DHEA levels.

keep in mind that this is JMO from reading numerous studies on the subject.

Last edited:
celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
keep in mind that this is JMO from reading numerous studies on the subject.
Your opinion is appreciated. My interest in dhea is in it's infancy so opinions are exactly what I'm looking for :cheers: