How long after cycle to take a layoff or start cutting?

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
How long after your cycle should you wait to take a week layoff or a "light" week?

Also how long after the cycle should you wait to start cutting since you are supposed to keep your calories high during PCT right?

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah ive always wondered this, isnt it a good idea to take a week off during the beginning of your pct, just to let you body recover, all that cortisol + working out more can't be good, but then again i see people making gains through there pct..

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
yeah ive always wondered this, isnt it a good idea to take a week off during the beginning of your post cycle therapy, just to let you body recover, all that cortisol + working out more can't be good, but then again i see people making gains through there post cycle therapy..
Lower the frequency & volume but keep the intensity high throughout PCT including the first week. Treat the PCT time as if it is part of the cycle. I actually take a week off while on cycle two weeks before it ends. My cycles are usually long. You don't want to take time off while you have low testosterone in your system.

Control cortisol with something like DHEA or whatever.

If you can not take time off during the cycle wait until after PCT to take an extended break.

As far as when to start cutting...I've made the mistake more than once of starting my diet too soon. As a result I lost muscle. I believe you need to create a new set point (i.e. the body sees the new weight as the new norm) and this means the new weight (fat and all) has to stay on for a while. For me it means I don't diet until 2 months after the start of my PCT and even then I start reducing calories gradually.

I'm sure it is different for everybody though.