What to ask for reguarding Bloodwork

Hollidae

Banned
Awards
I am planing on running a clcye this year. I know I need blood work done to be on the safe side. What should i ask my dr for? Just looking for tips

soultrain

soultrain

Awards
I need to get blood work done too. From what I've read, we need to ask for a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel. These tests help screen for a wide variety of problems. The glucose test in particular helps screen for diabetes mellitus and pre-diabetes.

* Oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT or GTT)
* Calcium

Protein tests

Tests of protein levels in the blood help screen for both kidney and liver disorders.

* Human serum albumin
* Serum total protein (TP)

Electrolytes

Electrolyte levels and the balance among them are tightly regulated by the body. Both individual values and ratios among the values are significant; abnormalities among either can indicate problems such as an electrolyte disturbance, acid-base imbalance, or kidney dysfunction.

* Sodium
* Potassium
* Carbon dioxide (CO2)
* Chloride

Kidney function assessment

* Blood urea nitrogen (BUN)
* Creatinine

Liver function assessment

* Alkaline phosphatase (ALP)
* Alanine amino transferase (AST or SGPT)
* Aspartate amino transferase (ASP or SGOT)
* Bilirubin

Also ask for a Blood lipid test. This tests blood fats such as cholesterol and triglycerides. I don't know what kind of steroids you plan to cycle, but some are known to have negative effects on cholesterol.

And last but certainly not least, we need to ask for a Testosterone Test. The clinical name is "The FSH Test". It measures the level of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) in your blood.

Hollidae

Banned
Awards
I got new insurance/ new job. So heres the story, I got to this new dr and ask for for a bloodtest and she tells me no. She just cant give me a blood test. Shes a reason or some bs. She can only a blood test when i get a yearly "check up? but then how will get a blood test after my SDng

oafyc

Awards
If that is the case you can always do one of the mail in kits. I'm not sure how well they work but I have seen them advertised before...or find a different doctor.

Hollidae

Banned
Awards
i WHEN TO A NEW DR. and got a full blood test. I will post soon

Hollidae

Banned
Awards
EVERYTHING CAME BAck REALLY GOOD.(thats whats my girl said, shes studying to be a RN)

soultrain

soultrain

Awards
Glad to hear that Hollidae. I have yet to get mine done. Will post results here when I do though.