Going in this week for physical and bloodwork...a couple questions?

camaroguy18

Awards
On Wednesday I'll be going to the doctor to get a physical and some bloodwork done (the physical because I haven't had one in a few years so I figured this would be necessary). I want to get bloodwork done because I ran a ridiculous cycle of superdrol with minimal PCT almost two years ago and ever since then I've noticed many changes in my overall mood, I've been pretty lethargic (though RPM has helped counteract this greatly) libido has been declined over the past year and a half (and is near non-existent now), and I feel I owe it to myself to know how badly I may have messed myself up so I can take the necessary steps to fix this.

I've done a lot of searching on the topic of bloodwork, and though I'll admit I don't fully understand what each test measures, I was hoping that some of you could help me out with the essentials that I should get considering my situation. I copied this from a member who got bloodwork after a superdrol cycle, could any of you critique this for me?

T-3
TPSA (PSA)
TSH 2.55
FT4 1.37
T4 7.7
Testosterone, Total
SHBG
DHT
ACTH
LH
FSH
Prolactin
Progesterone
Cortisol
Estradiol
DHEA

Is there anything that should be added? removed? And lastly, I know it is my responsibility to ensure that I get tested for this all...so would bringing in a list suffice or would that raise eyebrows? Thank you in advance

camaroguy18

Awards
T-3 - Triiodothyronine - yet one more thyroid test
TPSA (PSA) - Prostate specific antigen - checks prostate proteins?
TSH - Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone - another thyroid test?
FT4 - free Thyroxine
T4 - Thyroxine - to measure something with thyroid?
Testosterone, Total
SHBG - Sex Hormone Binding Globulin - I'm not sure what this regulates
DHT
ACTH - Adrenocorticotropic - has to do with androgens??
LH - Luteinizing hormone - another reproductive test
FSH - Follicle-stimulating hormone which according to wikipedia more or less deals with determining whether I produce a normal sperm count or not
Prolactin
Progesterone
Cortisol
Estradiol
DHEA

k so I did more homework to lessen the load that the 23 views would have otherwise had to undertake and explain to me...now that I know what they mean I could still use some clarification as to why I may need these tests done (seriously, why do I need 4 tests to measure thyroid?) As I stated previously I'm not sure what I should all have done after running a cycle of superdrol...I go in tomorrow and I know there are several experienced people on the boards who can help me out?

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I may be wrong,but if you haven't done anything in 2 years your bloodwork should be back to normal. That said definately get your bloodwork done to address your issues.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
results?

You posted this awhile back, what were the results?

camaroguy18

Awards
I got hardly any of that done, my doc said she didn't feel it necessary to test me for anything other than TSH, CBC, and BMP which were all normal.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got hardly any of that done, my doc said she didn't feel it necessary to test me for anything other than TSH, CBC, and BMP which were all normal.
Are you still feeling lethargic,low libido??

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did she explain any other reasoning for the libido? Change doctors....if she is not willing to help then forget her.

richirich_99

Awards
Im curious in this too, as i plan to have bloodwork done after my pct for a cycle of sust250 and PP. Would a list be too suspicious to take to a Dr.?

camaroguy18

Awards
well if you guys missed it this has been the followup to my doc appointment as of now

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/77519-am-i-experiencing.html

Basically I never did proper PCT with superdrol and had a steadily declining libido over the past year and a half/ 2 years. I ran a cycle of nolva after a 4 week cycle of Rebound XT to try and restart HPTA and possibly battle my gyno...but it seemed to only make things worse.

Lethargy ensued, and so did depression and complete suppression of my libido. Also a few weeks after finishing the nolva (which did nothing for the gyno, but this was to be understood since I had had it for awhile) my nips flared up and my gyno has since increased (there has also been a few cases of lactation when squeezed). Oh, and my hair has been thinning out too.

I went back to the doc yesterday and basically laid it on the line- telling her that I know my body is not functioning properly, and I need to know what I'm working with. She finally agreed and they took a messload of blood from me to do a full hormonal panel (if that's what you want to call it). But hopefully within a week I'll have the results and I can go from there.

I do now have some letro and Torem on hand, but I think I'll wait to see my results before I venture into putting more stuff in my body.

As for libido currently, it's 'somewhat' there. I definitely don't think about sex, or want to have it as much as I used to (and I would think at 22 I'd still have a pretty active sex drive)...but it's no where near as bad as it was in Aug/Sept....so something is changing.

EDIT: Richirich_99 : I guess it depends on your doc...mine was taken back a little bit when I started throwing out tests I wanted done...she was probably thinking "I'm the professional here, we'll listen to me" type of thing. I'd maybe 'inquire' as to what you want done, instead of handing a sheet over and risk raising a few eyebrows.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
EDIT: Richirich_99 : I guess it depends on your doc...mine was taken back a little bit when I started throwing out tests I wanted done...she was probably thinking "I'm the professional here, we'll listen to me" type of thing. I'd maybe 'inquire' as to what you want done, instead of handing a sheet over and risk raising a few eyebrows.
This isn't even necessary... all you gotta do is fast for 12 hours, go to your local hospital and tell them what tests you want done, yes, hand them the "sheet" if you so wish. You don't need a script to get your own bloodwork, insurance won't pay for it of course, but it's only about $100 or so. Get your results, review the out of range numbers and then if worried, take them to your doc and explain... easy as cake.

I'm looking forward to your results, good luck.

camaroguy18

Awards
Well the doc just called me with the results and said "everything is normal"

I'm still requesting that she sends me a letter with the numerical values for each test done because I'm a little skeptical (if they are normal, they may be on at the extremes which concerns me). She's also now recommending me to a urologist, I'm assuming to figure out my libido issues.

Which brings up a point....if my libido was shot because of poor PCT, and getting everything out of whack....could my libido stay suppressed? Or would this eventually return to normal?

Maybe I should look into some fenru to see if I can't kick start it?

I'll post numbers when I have them, maybe some of you can help me interpret them.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
She's also now recommending me to a urologist, I'm assuming to figure out my libido issues.

Which brings up a point....if my libido was shot because of poor post cycle therapy, and getting everything out of whack....could my libido stay suppressed? Or would this eventually return to normal?

In my opinion in a normal cycle situation,even without proper pct your Libido should've come back by now. With a good pct it just comes back a lot quicker. You mentioned something about depression maybee this could be part of your problem.

WAR

Awards
Dude, Im in the same exact boat...... I took mass tabs without pct about 3 months ago and took 2 months off from the gym and I just went back last week to the gym..... No intesity what so ever and my hair was thinning as well for a little bit ...... I dont want to jack off as much as i used too. I feel tired it take me at least 15 min to roll out of bed. I still havent gone to the doctor, Im wondering If I should jump on another PH cycle and hope for the best or run 4 weeks on tamo citrate.

camaroguy18

Awards
In my opinion in a normal cycle situation,even without proper post cycle therapy your Libido should've come back by now. With a good post cycle therapy it just comes back a lot quicker. You mentioned something about depression maybee this could be part of your problem.

I've been thinking the same thing...oddly enough the past few weeks I've been taking St. Johns Wort which has been shown in many studies to relieve mild depression/symptoms...my libido has been slowly on the up and up, not to mention my overall mood has increased with stress on the decline

placebo or not, I think it's doing the trick.

camaroguy18

Awards
Dude, Im in the same exact boat...... I took mass tabs without post cycle therapy about 3 months ago and took 2 months off from the gym and I just went back last week to the gym..... No intesity what so ever and my hair was thinning as well for a little bit ...... I dont want to jack off as much as i used too. I feel tired it take me at least 15 min to roll out of bed. I still havent gone to the doctor, Im wondering If I should jump on another PH cycle and hope for the best or run 4 weeks on tamo citrate.

Jumping on another cycle was recommended to me as well, but IMO I had caused enough damage to my body for even putting something in my body (albeit not in the proper manner, but still)...I figured my body will regulate itself eventually, though I have some Torem on hand in case...but as my previous posts mentioned, my bloodwork is normal, and libido is coming back so I seem to be bouncing back by waiting it out.

Get your bloodwork done first, at least then you'll know what you're dealing with and can make a better decision as to how to tackle your situation

good luck