Clen during PCT

avenue Red

Awards
is it alright to run Clen when doing PCT to cut access fat?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is not a good idea to try to cut fat while in PCT. Some like to run clen so they can keep calories high and not have to worry about fat gain, but not to cut existing fat.

avenue Red

Awards
ok thanks i was just wondering as to if it would effect anything

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It can be used for nutrient repartitioning at a lower dose or in a normal fashion. Keep in mind that clen is somewhat hepatoxic, so keep running liver protectants.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would suggest albuterol. It also has been shown to lower LDL and increases HDL which you could more than likely benefit from depending on what was in your cycle. I use about 4mg's about an hour pre workout.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I heard from someone that clen blocks cortisol,and it is a good idea post cycle.........i need to check on that

avenue Red

Awards
Tripdog that would be great if you could find out. and for Albuterol i was thinking of buying some. but i have to buy a couple more supps and i still have some clen so i cant really afford to spend on albu if i have clen already

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tripdog that would be great if you could find out. and for Albuterol i was thinking of buying some. but i have to buy a couple more supps and i still have some clen so i cant really afford to spend on albu if i have clen already
Without going into a super long explanation, cortisone receptors are created in large numbers during a steroid cycle but cortisone itself is kept at bay by the steroids. So when you stop using the steroids then the cortisone goes nuts in your body, and that leads to a huge increase in cortisol. Cortisol is a stress hormone that can cause muscle breakdown and stop glycogen from being used by the muscle cells.

The point is this, clenbuterol blocks these abundant cortisone receptors and that leads to a lesser amount of cortisol in the body. You don't need to run a full on cycle of clen to get this benefit either. A moderate dose of 40-60mcg for 6 or all the way up to 12 weeks after a cycle can really help the body get back to normal without putting on extra fat or losing your newly gained muscle mass.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldn't an anti-cort supplement be a better option for lipids and liver?

avenue Red

Awards
if i am using perfect cycle and milk thistle through out should that be enough for me to take clen in the end? im not to worried about my liver but i do want to be safe.

ATH3386

Awards
Wouldn't an anti-cort supplement be a better option for lipids and liver?

Thats what I was thinking. Its great if it lowers cortisol.. but I'd much rather run something like lean xtreme or some other anti-cort with no liver toxicity.

****.. especially pending on what serm youre using for post cycle therapy.. AND what you used for a cycle.. If you cycled a methyl and are using a serm that promotes liver toxicity.. I think an anti-cort would be a much wiser option.

If you're worrying about fat gain.. look into the natural stuff such as green tea, ALCAR, sodium acetate(heard its very good for keeping down bf.. I hate the taste). Look at other stuff like P-Slin too.. heard (not tried) that can help keep one lean while increasing carbs substantially.

If you don't like that route.. make sure your diet is spot on. Try carb cycling or some other diet.. but make sure its atleast 95% clean.

Good luck and stay safe.

ATH3386

Awards
WOW.
I just read that you said youre not worried about your liver. You REALLY should be. Its quite useful in the long run. I suggest doing more research based upon that comment. If youre not worried about your liver, you are ignorant in the field of prohormones/steroids and staying healthy. You have a whole life to live.. Get some Anabolic Innovation Cycle Support and run it at 2 scoops every day starting a week pre-cycles and up to a week AFTER your PCT is over. So you will spend 70-80 dollars.. better than spending thousands on a liver transplant in the future. Sure AX Perfect cycle is great... but Cycle Support is better for your overall body.

Your call though..

BTW what are you using for cycle and PCT?

avenue Red

Awards
when i said im not to worried about my liver I didnt mean it as oh i hope it rots away. but i am taking legitamite amount of stuff to conserve my liver. I am doing my first Epi cycle 30/40/40/50 and will be running Perfect cycle with it and milk thistle... i am going to take Advanced PCT after it and was going to do clen with it also and still keep the milk thistle going.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, clen and ephedrine both will minimize the muscle-wasting effects of cortisol. It's a really old school technique, though.

Not to mention....dude, it's clen. That's some rough sh*t.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
sinner - what would you consider some of the new school techniques? are you referring to some of the new cort blockers out??

ath3386 - clen is only slightly liver hepatoxic i believe, so he should be fine with the support supps he is running i would think.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sinner - what would you consider some of the new school techniques? are you referring to some of the new cort blockers out??
Yep.

There's actually still some suppliers who sell premade cycles, and have clen in them for use during PCT.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Yep.

There's actually still some suppliers who sell premade cycles, and have clen in them for use during post cycle therapy.
in your opinion are the new cort blockers available a better option these days? i know they are less harsh but are they as effective?
i've never tried them myself.

sorry to hijack, maybe i'll go read up on some of these new compounds.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never used clen, so I can't really say. I'm kinda a stim wuss, so I don't know how much I would enjoy a 30h halflife.

I've used DHEA-based supplements in the past. They were ok. I think the whole stop cortisol thing is a little overrated, and not entirely necessary for an effective PCT.

avenue Red

Awards
ive already ran clen once for 2 weeks im on my 2 weeks off phase and gonna run it once more then do my Epi cycle...
i ran clen 20/20/40/40/60/60 and so on to 140. ive been on alot of different "fatburners" so it really wasnt a hardcore thing for me my body is already twitchy lol

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never used clen, so I can't really say. I'm kinda a stim wuss, so I don't know how much I would enjoy a 30h halflife.

I've used DHEA-based supplements in the past. They were ok. I think the whole stop cortisol thing is a little overrated, and not entirely necessary for an effective post cycle therapy.
is that why people use dhea during post cycle....to blunt cortisol???

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
is that why people use dhea during post cycle....to blunt cortisol???
yep.

Well, they might use it for other things (i.e. boost androgen production and what not), but the anti-cortisol effect is likely going to be the more pronounced effect, IMO.

preston25

Awards
Hey, Just started first cycle of clen and love it. Does anyone know an appropriate dose of taurine to take along side the clen. Im taking 500mg. Is that enough?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Davy25 Anabolics 3
Anabolics 9
shakenblake Anabolics 1
fame126 Post Cycle Therapy 7
SellMeSanity Anabolics 9