Toremifene: an evaluation of its safety profile.

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.21%

Toremifene: an evaluation of its safety profile.

Harvey HA, Kimura M, Hajba A.

Division of Hematology/Oncology, Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA. hharvey@psu.edu

Toremifene has been in clinical use for 8 years for the treatment of advanced hormone-sensitive breast cancer and the adjuvant treatment of early breast cancer. More than 350,000 patient treatment years have accumulated, sufficient to allow evaluation of its longer-term safety profile in comparison with tamoxifen and, where possible, with raloxifene and aromatase inhibitors. We reviewed all preclinical and clinical safety data from 1978 to 2004 and comparative clinical safety data between October 1995 and the end of 2004. Secondary endometrial cancer incidence was lower with toremifene than with tamoxifen and was similar to that with raloxifene. It is speculated that toremifene may unmask existing endometrial tumors rather than induce new events. The risk of stroke, pulmonary embolism, and cataract may be lower with toremifene than with tamoxifen and the risk of pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis lower than with raloxifene. Beneficial estrogen agonistic effects were equivalent to those of tamoxifen regarding bone mineral density and superior regarding lipid profiles.

PMID: 16289904 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Good article. I know Torem treats me far better than Tamox. Tamox ruins my skin by giving me little red bumps on my forehead and body..seems like a sign of oxidative damage if I had to guess. That and Torem works 10X faster and better for PCT purposes IMO.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Just seen an endo, looking for evaluation of prescription
    By newttt in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 10:24 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 02:29 AM
  3. An Analysis of the Relative Safety of Ephedra
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 06:51 PM
  4. Adipose Tissue: What is it & How to get rid of it