Novedex XT PCT

magx

Awards
Quick Question: Is there a consensus as to how Novedex should be dosed and tapered as part of a PCT?

And should it be taken only at night as stated on the bottle?

Thanks very much.

And yes, I am aware of SERMs, I just want to know about Novedex right now, thanks :)

magx

Awards
You might want to consider tapering up the dosage as suggested in this thread;

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/37790-running-serm-inverse.html

What SERM(s) are you running anyway?
That's an interesting topic.

I'm not running a SERM, but I know all about them, as I said, and I stated that so I wouldn't have to listen to someone reiterate the SERM info that's everywhere lol.

I am running an ATD only PCT by choice. I can get a SERM if necessary but I am going to go without as I have had success int he past without (6-oxo only PCT after 1-AD cycle).

That topic you linked me to was interesting, in that they talked about running an ATD in INCREASING dosages. But that was running it alongside a SERM. When using it alone though, one wouldn't want to do that right? I assumed you start higher and taper down, like 75/50/50/25 or 75/50/25/25?

I started it at 75 already (2 days into it now).

EDIT: Oh and the susbstance I used this cycle was Promatrix M1T Plex. It was a 3 week M1T cycle @ 10/20/20

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
I'm also trying a Novedex XT only PCT. I have some Nolvadex on hand just in case I grow a set a' double d's or something though.

I did a Halodrol-50 clone for 4 weeks (50mg's) and then took 25mg's per day in addition to my Novedex XT in order to "taper" into the Novedex XT PCT.

It seems to be going well. I have lost a tiny bit of what I've gained (nothing too noticable though) and I feel OK.

Balls are a normal size and nice and low. My libido is way down though. Going to the gym take a lot more will power now as well...but once I'm workin' out it's the same as when I was on.

All-in-all I'm happy with this PCT (so far). I'll let ya know if my vagina starts to swell or something.:toofunny:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You are honestly running ATD as the post cycle therapy for 3 weeks on M1T...

Wow........

:toofunny:

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
i might be way off here, but isnt novedex xt a test booster and not ATD??

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
i might be way off here, but isnt novedex xt a test booster and not ATD??
It's a brand name of ATD I guess.
But it will increase free testosterone because of it's mechanism of action in aromatase inhibition.

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
It's a brand name of ATD I guess.
But it will increase free testosterone because of it's mechanism of action in aromatase inhibition.
interesting....i didnt realize novedex xt supressed estro.....thought it was JUST a test booster....guess i was wrong here

magx

Awards
You are honestly running ATD as the post cycle therapy for 3 weeks on M1T...

Wow........

:toofunny:
laugh all you want but I did a 6-oxo only PCT after a 1-AD cycle 2 years ago and was fine. Did that twice actually.

I will be fine with the ATD only PCT. I havce access to Nolva if needed.

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
I actually heard from Gaspari Nutrition themselves about Novedex XT. They're reply was,

"Novadex is used as PCT by many bodybuilders. You can go on bodybuilding.com and read about their results with Novadex. You will run 4 capsuls for the first 2 weeks then 2 capsuls before bed for the next 6 weeks.

------------------------------------
Gaspari Nutrition
Phil
Customer Service
[email protected]
501 Prospect Ave, Suite 107
LakeWood, NJ 08701
tel: 732.364.3777
fax: 732.364-5060"

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
I actually heard from Gaspari Nutrition themselves about Novedex XT. They're reply was,

"Novadex is used as post cycle therapy by many bodybuilders. You can go on bodybuilding.com and read about their results with Novadex. You will run 4 capsuls for the first 2 weeks then 2 capsuls before bed for the next 6 weeks.

------------------------------------
Gaspari Nutrition
Phil
Customer Service
[email protected]
501 Prospect Ave, Suite 107
LakeWood, NJ 08701
tel: 732.364.3777
fax: 732.364-5060"
Rules #1 in the Supplement Industry
never trust the company that makes the product.......clearly they are trying to sell it. its all about making money.....they dont care about you, me, or anyone else.

Novedex XT solo after a M1T cycle = not the smartest idea in the world

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
laugh all you want but I did a 6-oxo only post cycle therapy after a 1-AD cycle 2 years ago and was fine. Did that twice actually.

sure thing boss.

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
Rules #1 in the Supplement Industry
never trust the company that makes the product.......clearly they are trying to sell it. its all about making money.....they dont care about you, me, or anyone else.

Novedex XT solo after a M1T cycle = not the smartest idea in the world
You think I'm ok after an H-50 cycle?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
laugh all you want but I did a 6-oxo only post cycle therapy after a 1-AD cycle 2 years ago and was fine. Did that twice actually.

1-ad is childs play comared to m1t. m1t is more or less the most supressive steroid you can actually cycle.

oh you were fine? can i see your blood tests?

you are an idiot and youre going to get exactly what you deserve.

toodles

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
1-ad is childs play comared to m1t. m1t is more or less the most supressive steroid you can actually cycle.

oh you were fine? can i see your blood tests?

you are an idiot and youre going to get exactly what you deserve.

toodles
what he said!!! man this sh!t has been coming up alot lately. running only atd. since when was this a good idea. :frustrate

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
some other intelligent people...thank god.

took you two long enough.

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
OK...well I'm on day three of PCT without using a SERM. I DID order Nolvadex, but it won't be here for another few days. Am I doomed? What can I expect here? (four week H-50 cycle)?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OK...well I'm on day three of post cycle therapy without using a SERM. I DID order Nolvadex, but it won't be here for another few days. Am I doomed? What can I expect here? (four week H-50 cycle)?
if you keep just using novedex?

minimal recovery, loss of most of your gains (if not all), and only partial recovery of testiclular size and function....

further down the line after pct you can expect to experience fat gain, ED, more muscle loss, etc

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards

minimal recovery, loss of most of your gains (if not all), and only partial recovery of testiclular size and function....

further down the line after post cycle therapy you can expect to experience fat gain, ED, more muscle loss, etc
Good! I though that it would be something serious! Definately gonna use my nolvadex when it gets here.

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards

further down the line after post cycle therapy you can expect to experience fat gain, ED, more muscle loss, etc
from halodrol?? cmon man. get serious! i understand your trying to help this kid out, but stop trying to frighten him.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
from halodrol?? cmon man. get serious! i understand your trying to help this kid out, but stop trying to frighten him.
I'm sorry bro, he's not trying to frighten him. He is telling him the truth.

Any anabolic androgenic steroid, no matter how potent will cause shutdown. A SERM is the way to get back to normality much faster than it would naturally. By much I mean MUUUUCCHHH, as in many many months faster.

Telling people the truth is the way to do things. He should have done his homework before he started, as should have you. Telling someone that running an an AI is okay, is just plain old dumb, immature and irresponsible.

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
I'm sorry bro, he's not trying to frighten him. He is telling him the truth.

Any anabolic androgenic steroid, no matter how potent will cause shutdown. A SERM is the way to get back to normality much faster than it would naturally. By much I mean MUUUUCCHHH, as in many many months faster.

Telling people the truth is the way to do things. He should have done his homework before he started, as should have you. Telling someone that running an an AI is okay, is just plain old dumb, immature and irresponsible.

look, im not trying to get into a big argument about this. I have done my homework, you have obviously done yours as well. i have ran cycles both ways, and while i agree recovery is faster with a SERM vs an AI, the difference is not signifcant enough in my opinion to deal with the side effects that come along with a SERM, and the fact that its illegal. if you know your body, you can tell whether you need a SERM after a cycle, or if an AI will get the job done. if you dont know your body, well in that case you shouldnt be running a cycle to begin with.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
look, im not trying to get into a big argument about this. I have done my homework, you have obviously done yours as well. i have ran cycles both ways, and while i agree recovery is faster with a SERM vs an AI, the difference is not signifcant enough in my opinion to deal with the side effects that come along with a SERM, and the fact that its illegal. if you know your body, you can tell whether you need a SERM after a cycle, or if an AI will get the job done. if you dont know your body, well in that case you shouldnt be running a cycle to begin with.
SERMS arent going to get you into trouble with the law. the most an officer could do is take it away from you. it is not a class III controlled substance like anabolic steroids.

have you gotten blood tests? you cant say you know your body etc etc and then not provide proof that it worked. its about the numbers. i know way too many people that have been "fine" after an AI/ATD only PCT (against my advice) and then come to me months later saying they havent recovered fully.

off an h-50 cycle? do you think because its legal its weaker than the illegal steroids? this is such a retarded misconception and probably part of the reason steroids are banned outright. they are just as strong, and in some cases stronger, than the illegal steroids, oral and injectable.

dont be a godamn retard. you are messing with the real deal.

id love to see your bloodwork.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
thanks jomi.

maybe two intelligent indivduals, like ourselves, can make one stubborn individual, I won't name any names, see the light?

probably not, but it was worth a shot.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
btw, i've been trying to rep you for days...the board won't let me.

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
SERMS arent going to get you into trouble with the law. the most an officer could do is take it away from you. it is not a class III controlled substance like anabolic steroids.

have you gotten blood tests? you cant say you know your body etc etc and then not provide proof that it worked. its about the numbers. i know way too many people that have been "fine" after an AI/ATD only post cycle therapy (against my advice) and then come to me months later saying they havent recovered fully.

off an h-50 cycle? do you think because its legal its weaker than the illegal steroids? this is such a retarded misconception and probably part of the reason steroids are banned outright. they are just as strong, and in some cases stronger, than the illegal steroids, oral and injectable.

dont be a godamn retard. you are messing with the real deal.

id love to see your bloodwork.

okay, now your just being an *******, something that me and pumpingiron were mature enough not to be when calmly discussing our two different views. i guess you have your view, and I have mine. no, just because its legal does not make it weaker, fact is, it IS weaker than most steroids whether its test cyp, prop, dbol, deca, etc etc. and to answer your question, yes i did get bloodwork done. everything came back fine. maybe you should grow up and stop trying to be a hardass and call anyone that doesnt agree with you a "retard" because I am far from that.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone remember the ratio on H50?

I don't think it is that much weaker.

And in either case, they will shut you down...you need to stimulate HPTA...hence a SERM

I'd like to see the bloodwork.

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
Does anyone remember the ratio on H50?

I don't think it is that much weaker.

And in either case, they will shut you down...you need to stimulate HPTA...hence a SERM

I'd like to see the bloodwork.
ratio isnt the only thing that matters.....one of the biggest reasons i feel that these ph's dont need a SERM is the fact that I run them for only 3 weeks, 4 weeks AT THE MOST! Most cycles of regular steroids are run for 10-12 weeks at the minimum....thus causing more severe shutdown. 3-4 weeks of a mild ph doesnt normally call for a SERM in my opinion. either way, i dont think either of us are going to change each others opinion. so lets just leave it at this: if you dont understand your body, play it safe, take a SERM.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You my friend, are stubborn and cannot admit when you are wrong.

I will not agree with that final statement when it comes to post AAS SERM usage.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
ratio isnt the only thing that matters.....one of the biggest reasons i feel that these ph's dont need a SERM is the fact that I run them for only 3 weeks, 4 weeks AT THE MOST! Most cycles of regular steroids are run for 10-12 weeks at the minimum....thus causing more severe shutdown. 3-4 weeks of a mild ph doesnt normally call for a SERM in my opinion. either way, i dont think either of us are going to change each others opinion. so lets just leave it at this: if you dont understand your body, play it safe, take a SERM.
severe shutdown can happen in less than a week. take superdrol or m1t for example. atd's eradicate all estrogen making it harder to fully recover because you need some estrogen for things like libido and proper hormonal balance. you should have a serm before you even start your cycle just incase you have sides. everyone responds to steroids and ph's differently.

and also just because you think that you recovered does not mean that you did. there is a big range for normal test levels, so why take the chance and be on the low end when you can do it right.

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
severe shutdown can happen in less than a week. take superdrol or m1t for example. atd's eradicate all estrogen making it harder to fully recover because you need some estrogen for things like libido and proper hormonal balance. you should have a serm before you even start your cycle just incase you have sides. everyone responds to steroids and ph's differently.

and also just because you think that you recovered does not mean that you did. there is a big range for normal test levels, so why take the chance and be on the low end when you can do it right.
agreed, harsh orals such as superdrol and m1t are a different story, but i was talking about more mild orals....and for the record, i ALWAYS have a SERM on hand....just dont always use one.

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea evry body on here things any time you take anything you have to have a serm maybe i amjust lucky i have ran 3 or 4 cycles of deca test with never anything pct did not even know there was such a thing till i stareted coming on hear and heard about it put on about 40 ilbs on and keep almost al of it maybe because i am youger 29.heard people saying early that you had to have serm for taking like 1oxo 3 ad not trying to say not to just telling my experience.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
yea evry body on here things any time you take anything you have to have a serm maybe i amjust lucky i have ran 3 or 4 cycles of deca test with never anything post cycle therapy did not even know there was such a thing till i stareted coming on hear and heard about it put on about 40 ilbs on and keep almost al of it maybe because i am youger 29.heard people saying early that you had to have serm for taking like 1oxo 3 ad not trying to say not to just telling my experience.
dude, losing gains should not be your first priority for running a pct. the first priority should be to restore your hpta, that is what helps you keep your gains. also you may have serious hormonal problems in the future for doin that with no pct.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im not trying to be a dickhead, but you are making way too many assumptions and ignoring the advice of some respected people that only have your best inerest in mind.

first of all, 3-4 weeks is what MOST oral steroids are run at. you arent doing anything atypical.

LONG estered injectables are the one that are typically run for 10-12 weeks, and believe it or not these are sometimes easier to recover from than a 3-4 weeker of a pro steroid, depending on the substances involved.

it doesnt matter if you do 2 weeks of var. you should still do a post cycle therapy, and you should always use a serm.

on tops of things AI"s will crush your libido and potentially make your cholesterol levels even worse. cmon man, admit youre wrong.

have you gotten bllood tests? or no?

camaroguy18

Awards
excuse my ignorance, but if your test levels ended up being low, what would the doctor advise? would/can they write a prescription to you for a serm or is that still out of the question?

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
I've only done 2 cycles of halovar (halodrol clone) both 4 weeks 50mg a day and always used perfect cycle during and a liver detox afterwords and only have used Novedex XT starting with 2 pills on day 25 then when off week 1- 4 pills, week 2- 3 pills, weeks 3-4 2 pills then week 5- pill. First cycle went from bout 170 to 190 with stretch marks and kept all of it even gained a couple more lbs during pct. Second cycle went from 190-192 to 205 with bf 11% and I am in week 3 of pct and I am still at about 203-204 with no sides of gyno or libido loss and will soon be posting pics of before cycles and after both cycles!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'd suggest not running a steroid cycle.

magx

Awards
I'm going to ignore the really a-holish way a few of you guys are going about this and just say this:

I'm almost 2 full weeks into PCT, and I have already seen my "boys" back to......form, my libido is in order, I have lost about 10lbs of water weight and look leaner now,since I was bloating like a mofo, maintained "on cycle" strength levels, and am feeling pretty good. I was experiencing some lethargy for the first week and a bit but that seems to have disipated.

Again, I have done no SERM PCT's in the past and have been fine, and YES I had bloodwork taken, not because of the compounds b ut due to medical conditions and medication use, but they happened to be in the timeframe where I was able to examine my post PCT levels. All were in the normal range.

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
I'm going to ignore the really a-holish way a few of you guys are going about this and just say this:

I'm almost 2 full weeks into post cycle therapy, and I have already seen my "boys" back to......form, my libido is in order, I have lost about 10lbs of water weight and look leaner now,since I was bloating like a mofo, maintained "on cycle" strength levels, and am feeling pretty good. I was experiencing some lethargy for the first week and a bit but that seems to have disipated.

Again, I have done no SERM post cycle therapy's in the past and have been fine, and YES I had bloodwork taken, not because of the compounds b ut due to medical conditions and medication use, but they happened to be in the timeframe where I was able to examine my post PCT levels. All were in the normal range.
yeah man, its something you have to get used to around here. its a great board, with great information, and great people......although, too many SERM pushers that honestly dont even know what they are talking about. They just see someone else say "oh, yeah you need a SERM" so they go around and tell everyone the same thing. but hey, i guess your better safe than sorry right? one thing is for DAMN sure. a SERM will work.....but ATD will also work just fine with most cycles IMO.

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
yeah man, its something you have to get used to around here. its a great board, with great information, and great people......although, too many SERM pushers that honestly dont even know what they are talking about. They just see someone else say "oh, yeah you need a SERM" so they go around and tell everyone the same thing. but hey, i guess your better safe than sorry right? one thing is for DAMN sure. a SERM will work.....but ATD will also work just fine with most cycles IMO.
I DID end up ordering Nolvadex. I DO have it on hand but decided to try and finish my PCT without it. Now granted I did not go get any blood tests...but my balls are hanging nice and low, they're big again, my libido is back, I did lose about ten percent of my gains (although I've had the flu this week and have not been to the gym). It's going on week three and I feel great. I'm already planning my next cycle (probably in August or September).

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
I DID end up ordering Nolvadex. I DO have it on hand but decided to try and finish my post cycle therapy without it. Now granted I did not go get any blood tests...but my balls are hanging nice and low, they're big again, my libido is back, I did lose about ten percent of my gains (although I've had the flu this week and have not been to the gym). It's going on week three and I feel great. I'm already planning my next cycle (probably in August or September).
Good to hear....the only thing you would possibly need Nolva for is gyno.....and thats very unlikely on Halodrol.

ChuckBooty

ChuckBooty

Awards
Yeah...I'm no expert but I'd say that if your body can not recover naturally from four weeks of a PH cycle than you should probably call it quits with the PH's or at least not stack six or seven different steroids for months on end.

I kinda stayed out of this thread when people started saying my eyeballs would burst and my genitals would fall off if I didn't immediately start taking a SERM.

It seems that on this board, discussing SERMS are like talking politics. Nobody on either side is going to budge from their position and people get down right NASTY about it.

These PH's were legal for YEARS before the ban...yet SERMs have been by prescription only forever. So I'd say that, while it may take longer to recover...your body CAN recover without using these drugs.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You guys have convinced me that there is no hope for some people...

LeanBulk

LeanBulk

Awards
You guys have convinced me that there is no hope for some people...
dude, the majority of the people that take these prohormones dont even know about these online forums such as anabolicminds. without the help of these forums, most of the people dont have a clue what a SERM is. its NOT necessary in most cases. have you even tried to run a PCT without a SERM before? do you know for a fact that ATD doesnt work? or you just saying **** to be saying it and sound intelligent??