AX Retain

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Should this be used in PCT? Its DHEA from what I understand. I am really confused from all the posts on this and other forums on weather DHEA is suppressive.

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
retain is a cortisol blocker and yes one should be used during pct. From my understanding, dhea is used for libido issues....(could be wrong here). i have never used dhea during pct, and also from my understand is usually only required for older men.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Retain has a metabolite of DHEA, which does not have any estrogen or androgen conversions, therefore its not supressive. Retain is a great addition to pct to keep cortisol levels down and save muscle mass post cycle.

DecaDone

DecaDone

Awards
Should this be used in post cycle therapy? Its DHEA from what I understand. I am really confused from all the posts on this and other forums on weather DHEA is suppressive.
I'm finishing up my second week of post cycle therapy and ran a low dose (25mg) of dhea only through week 2. Felt great libido was high. Have read a lot of research on this and high doses are not good. (many long term effects) In fact, I'm probably going to run retain for my next post cycle therapy.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd like to note, once again, that Retain and straight DHEA are not the same, nor do they exert similar effects.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Retain is excellent for pretty much any PCT regime... Its also fantastic on a cut ;)

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Cool, thanks for all the advice. I have a bottle of retain that I might throw into my PCT if I decide to try Havoc.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
cortisol levels will be elevated during pct. retain has always worked great for me in keeping those levels down. looking forward to giving the new one a whirl. I just hope it isn't quite as rough on the joints as the original formula.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
I just hope it isn't quite as rough on the joints as the original formula.
Agreed. My joints have been hurtin from using the old formula... I only have 4 caps of the original retain left, and will be starting the new one when I get back from break on the 9th... I'll keep ya updated if theres any joint issues with the new one. I feel like the joint issue is almost unavoidable when suppressing cortisol though. ANyways, we will see

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I agree. I've used DS's as well and I pretty much had the same issue...

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I agree. I've used DS's as well and I pretty much had the same issue...
Although cortisol is seen as a negative thing for us guys who are in the gym for a bit or using anabolics, we sure do take it for granted on our joints :) lol

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
retain is a very solid product, but i cant use it unless i have cissus cause my joints take a beaten

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
according to mullet...either cissus or supercissus (i forget which) has anti-cortisol properties...

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Ive got to order some Cissus with all the positive things everyone says about it.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ive got to order some Cissus with all the positive things everyone says about it.
That's definitely a good idea. I'm just about to restart my Supercissus after some time off of it. Can't wait!

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Retain is excellent for pretty much any post cycle therapy regime... Its also fantastic on a cut ;)
I'm currently on a cut and was thinking about taking a cap of Retain first thing in the morning about a half hour before I do my fasted cardio workout. I take it this would be a good idea then? Are there any potential problems with taking Retain for a couple of months at 1 cap/day to preserve LBM while cutting? If it makes a difference, I'm also planning on using the NHA stack for 4 - 8 weeks during my cut.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I know that Retain 2 says you can take it for up to 12 weeks with a 4 week break following it. Also, I remember reading somewhere that it's most beneficial to take an anti-cortisol about 2 hours before something like fasted cardio to get the full benefits of the cortisol control during the activity. I may be wrong so if anyone knows for sure, chime in here.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm currently on a cut and was thinking about taking a cap of Retain first thing in the morning about a half hour before I do my fasted cardio workout. I take it this would be a good idea then? Are there any potential problems with taking Retain for a couple of months at 1 cap/day to preserve LBM while cutting? If it makes a difference, I'm also planning on using the NHA stack for 4 - 8 weeks during my cut.
at 1 cap per day you should be fine! :woohoo:

Stavross

Stavross

Board Supporter
Awards
I love retain. i have used it twice during pct and got leaner from it both times.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. My joints have been hurtin from using the old formula... I only have 4 caps of the original retain left, and will be starting the new one when I get back from break on the 9th... I'll keep ya updated if theres any joint issues with the new one. I feel like the joint issue is almost unavoidable when suppressing cortisol though. ANyways, we will see

^^^
I started dosing 2 caps/day today. My joints actually felt more lubed up than usual today during triceps... weiiird lol

rayballs03

Awards
I know that Retain 2 says you can take it for up to 12 weeks with a 4 week break following it. Also, I remember reading somewhere that it's most beneficial to take an anti-cortisol about 2 hours before something like fasted cardio to get the full benefits of the cortisol control during the activity. I may be wrong so if anyone knows for sure, chime in here.
Ryan,
You might recognize the name or at least you know me from shopping in my store. Anyways you are right as to take Retain during times of stress especially pre-cardio or post-workout to blunt cortisol related issues. Also prior to bed is another good option to consider. Its just another additional add-on to your PCT and holding onto your cycle gains and limit your post cycle crash fat related issues some guys have.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ryan,
You might recognize the name or at least you know me from shopping in my store. Anyways you are right as to take Retain during times of stress especially pre-cardio or post-workout to blunt cortisol related issues. Also prior to bed is another good option to consider. Its just another additional add-on to your post cycle therapy and holding onto your cycle gains and limit your post cycle crash fat related issues some guys have.
Oh What Up Ray?? I've seen the name but I didn't realize it was you!