Clearup on PCT

grantr

Banned
Awards
Ok so I know everyone says take something like chlomid/tore/nolva but arn't these primarily anti-estrogens? They also stimulate the HPTA, correct? So what is the difference between taking an anti-estrogen and a testosterone booster(to stimulate the HPTA) that is not either of the three? For example: 6-oxo and anabolic xtremes PCT

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Tamox,clom,torem are SERMs= Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators so they are a TOTALY different animal than an AI=Aromatase Inhibitor

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
The difference is in the receptor manipulation strategy;

AI's- bond with estrogen molecules, by occupying the point where the estrogen molecule would antagonize the estrogen receptor it completely prevents any stimulation.( no estrogen)

SERM's- have their own affinity for estrogen recpetors, they bond with the estrogen receptors and block estrogen molecu;es from doing the same, they are however estrogenic antagonizers and will stimulate the estrogen receptor but not as much as an estrogen molecule.

TESTOSTERONE BOOSTERS- Test booster that do not fit in the first two categories are usually androgen receptor antagonists. They directly
bond with androgen receptors and with prolonged stimulation produce an estrogen rebound effect.

The type you need to take would depend on your goals and the timing of your androgen cycle.

grantr

Banned
Awards
Thanks a lot guys! Its just all this pct stuff is very unclear and its hard finding a straight answer through searching some times

camaroguy18

Awards
ugh, so I'm getting somewhere with reading, but still confused. I know everybody is saying that a SERM is absolutely necessary for a superdrol cycle, but if one cannot obtain a SERM, can they still protect themselves with OTC's?