IGF-1 questions for PCT

BigFatBastard

Awards
OK, I have 1000 ug of IGF-1 powder (I use ug instead of mcg) and I plan 40 ug/d for 25 days. So if I add my 100 mM acetic acid (1 or 2 mL) then I only have 3 days right since it decomposes with a 1/2 life of 3 days. Don't I need to take the powder out and weigh it in portions for 3-day use? I'd like to know how others do this.

Also, I understand a saline solution is used to dilute the liquid IGF-1 to prevent necrosis. What concentration of NaCl is ued for this?

thanks, I've looked all over the place and haven't found answers.

bodybuilder8806

Awards
If Acetic Acid is used it can be stored for up to a year I believe without any significant breakdown. You might have got the half life of the drug confused with how long it is stable in solution. It can activate receptors for up to 72 hours (3 days), which might be where you pulled that number from.

BigFatBastard

Awards
Igf-1 Pct

ahhh so, then the 3 day 1/2 life must be for neutral BA water or some-such. This clears up a lot of confusion, the AA adjusts the pH to where the IGF-1 is stable in solution!! Cool!!

The other question was about the concentration of the NaCl buffer and amount to mix with at time of injection?

I really appreciate this information!