tomoxifen, how much?

RossiRossi

RossiRossi

Awards
I tried to get nolvadex for a superdrol cycle coming up. Ive ended up with 20mg tomoxifen BP tabs. I know its the main ingredient in nolvadex but how much should i use? Is this just as good nolvadex?

Im doing

wk1 10mg
wk2 20mg
wk3 20mg

Thankyou in advance.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I assume you want it for PCT so I will say 60, 40, 20, 20 for weeks 1, 2 ,3 and 4 of PCT.

RossiRossi

RossiRossi

Awards
Its for PCT,

Il start the day after finishing superdrol.

60mg of tamoxifen? Isnt that alittle excessive? I was told by my source 10mg a day. As tamoxifen BP tabs are stronger per mg than nolvadex. Would over dosing this be a problem?

Thanks

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Its for post cycle therapy,

Il start the day after finishing superdrol.

60mg of tamoxifen? Isnt that alittle excessive? I was told by my source 10mg a day. As tamoxifen BP tabs are stronger per mg than nolvadex. Would over dosing this be a problem?

Thanks
No. 10mg is not much and Tamoxifen IS Nolva. Nolva is the brand name.

RossiRossi

RossiRossi

Awards
Should of added, the tamoxifen tablets are 20mg each..but state they contain 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate..equivalent to 20mg of tamoxifen.

Through researching ive seen the doses that your putting up..do you know how many mg's of tamoxifen is in a 20mg noladex tab?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think you are answering your own question when you are saying that they contain 20mg of tamoxifen each. I might be reading that incorrectly though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should of added, the tamoxifen tablets are 20mg each..but state they contain 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate..equivalent to 20mg of tamoxifen.

Through researching ive seen the doses that your putting up..do you know how many mg's of tamoxifen is in a 20mg noladex tab?
Uhhh...20mg

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

20mg

The reason it says 30.4mg (equivalent to 20mg) is because they bond it to a citrate ion, to make it a more absorbable salt. The extra 10.4 mg is citric acid. I hope this helps.

RossiRossi

RossiRossi

Awards
Sorry, i got my wires crossed..i read somewhere that nolvadex was roughly 60% tamoxifen...i didnt relise it was 100% the same product.. Thanks for your help. As im going for a 3wk cycle il do a 4wk pct. To be on the safe side 60/40/20/10. Cheers again

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry, i got my wires crossed..i read somewhere that nolvadex was roughly 60% tamoxifen...i didnt relise it was 100% the same product.. Thanks for your help. As im going for a 3wk cycle il do a 4wk post cycle therapy. To be on the safe side 60/40/20/10. Cheers again
be sure to check out the post cycle, cycle info, and other steroids sections of this forum. Just comb through the threads when you have a few to kill, and you'll really learn a lot.

musle grower

Awards
what is best tomoxifen dose after h_drol: 50/50/50/50 run::run::run:frustrate:frustrate please !!!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I assume you want it for PCT so I will say 60, 40, 20, 20 for weeks 1, 2 ,3 and 4 of PCT.

dont use this protocol,

20/20/20/20 will be fine, use it with 10mg aromasin and ull be set.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
dont use this protocol,

20/20/20/20 will be fine, use it with 10mg aromasin and ull be set.
K, awful lot of knowledgeable persons will disagree.

Why are you recommending an AI in PCT after a non aromatizing compund?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how do you take 10mg of something that only comes in 25mg tablets?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how do you take 10mg of something that only comes in 25mg tablets?
comes in liquid, lol

25 mg tablets can work also
i have something on the pharmokinetics (not sure of the exact word) stating 10-25 mg of aromasin will work effeciently to do the same job at the same %aromatization inhibition.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
K, awful lot of knowledgeable persons will disagree.

Why are you recommending an AI in PCT after a non aromatizing compund?
#1 becacuse it works
#2 because the test estrogen ratio will be altered meaning theres less testosterone then estrogen and that will keep the hypothalmus shut down, and impair recovery, so lower estrogen but dont kill it, while increaseing testosterone will aid recovery.

Xenabuffyfan

Xenabuffyfan

Awards
#1 becacuse it works
#2 because the test estrogen ratio will be altered meaning theres less testosterone then estrogen and that will keep the hypothalmus shut down, and impair recovery, so lower estrogen but dont kill it, while increaseing testosterone will aid recovery.
You really know your stuff.

There seem to be reports of either estrogen receptors or aromatase enzymes "upregulating" during AI use. How can we avoid this upregulation? It seems like it happens with steroidal AI's like ATD (although maybe it doesn't with Aromasin but I'm not sure).

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You really know your stuff.

There seem to be reports of either estrogen receptors or aromatase enzymes "upregulating" during AI use. How can we avoid this upregulation? It seems like it happens with steroidal AI's like ATD (although maybe it doesn't with Aromasin but I'm not sure).

i would assume you mean after a cycle and only because they have been tied up for some time. but i feel that its a slow transition after the use of an AI and that slow transition along with the bodys natural ability to maintain homeostasis, will ensure no such rebound IMO

that what you were asking?

Xenabuffyfan

Xenabuffyfan

Awards
i would assume you mean after a cycle and only because they have been tied up for some time. but i feel that its a slow transition after the use of an AI and that slow transition along with the bodys natural ability to maintain homeostasis, will ensure no such rebound IMO

that what you were asking?
More or less. By the way I downloaded the AI articles you had on Tripdog's log. Kudos! Great info.

Well that's what my concern was, that even with suicide inhibitor's like Aromasin or ATD, would the body's natural ability to maintain homeostasis make up for the suicide inhibition by making twice as many (or just more) aromatase then before?

The studies suggest that with exemestane that the supression of aromatase is maintained, but then I read of all these people on here getting rebound off of ATD.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
More or less. By the way I downloaded the AI articles you had on Tripdog's log. Kudos! Great info.

Well that's what my concern was, that even with suicide inhibitor's like Aromasin or ATD, would the body's natural ability to maintain homeostasis make up for the suicide inhibition by making twice as many (or just more) aromatase then before?

The studies suggest that with exemestane that the supression of aromatase is maintained, but then I read of all these people on here getting rebound off of ATD.
its both a competitive inhibitor and mechanism based inhibitor i believe .... , but i dont think the body will over produce aromatase ,

im goin to bed ill check the thread in the morning

if you downloaded all the AI studies, look for competitive and mechanism based inhibitors and how they work.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
I second this, people go overboard with nolvadex these days.
Like this guy for example:

what is best tomoxifen dose after h_drol: 50/50/50/50 run::run::run:frustrate:frustrate please !!!
You don't need to run "tomoxifen" for a halo PCT... But you should maybe look into things a bit more before you start messing around with PHs, let alone SERMs.