pro-hormones vs "steroids"

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.88%

pro-hormones vs "steroids"

What advantage do pro-hormones have over "old school steroids"? Are there any pro-hormones still available over the counter?
    No I dont know what I'm talking about... thats why I'm asking for advice instead of giving it.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.46%

i dont really think their are any advantages of pro-hormones over the real ****. pro-hormones are more liver toxic and you don't get near the gains you would get on real gear. i guess the only advantage i can think of is price. not allowed to send you links over the board, but you can still find ph's pretty easily. most are clones these days, just gotta look around.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

None, the "old-school" gear as you called it has been used for such a longtime that all the side effects are none whereas with these new compounds little is known about them and their metabolites. So stick with the proven stuff, testosterone, nandrolone, trenbolone, dianabol, boldenone, etc
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Depends what you mean by prohormones. Technically, prohormones are those that have little or no anabolic/androgenic activity directly, but metabolize into anabolic/androgenic hormones/steroids. For example, 4-AD. (Which may or may not have direct AA activity, but metabolizes to testosterone which definitely has AA activity.) 19-NOR -> deca is another example.

Most of the products on the market since the '04 ban really aren't prohormones, and are more accurately called "designer steroids". For example, Superdrol, Pheraplex, etc. They don't metabolize into ("promote") other hormones; they have intrinsic AA activity in and of themselves. In actuality, these new "designer steroids" are more similar to old-school oral steroids than they are to the pre-ban prohormones. (In fact, many of these new designers actually are "old" compounds that just never got released commercially.)

Exceptions are products like prostanazol, which is a "prohormone" as it is metabolized into Winstrol.

Anyway, just thought this was worth noting. "Prohormone" is a confusing term, since it's often used to refer to any OTC anabolic supplement, regardless of whether the product is actually a prohormone/prosteroid or a true steroid.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.51%

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage
    Depends what you mean by prohormones. Technically, prohormones are those that have little or no anabolic/androgenic activity directly, but metabolize into anabolic/androgenic hormones/steroids. For example, 4-AD. (Which may or may not have direct AA activity, but metabolizes to testosterone which definitely has AA activity.) 19-NOR -> deca is another example.

Most of the products on the market since the '04 ban really aren't prohormones, and are more accurately called "designer steroids". For example, Superdrol, Pheraplex, etc. They don't metabolize into ("promote") other hormones; they have intrinsic AA activity in and of themselves. In actuality, these new "designer steroids" are more similar to old-school oral steroids than they are to the pre-ban prohormones. (In fact, many of these new designers actually are "old" compounds that just never got released commercially.)

Exceptions are products like prostanazol, which is a "prohormone" as it is metabolized into Winstrol.

Anyway, just thought this was worth noting. "Prohormone" is a confusing term, since it's often used to refer to any OTC anabolic supplement, regardless of whether the product is actually a prohormone/prosteroid or a true steroid.
    I might be wrong, but isnt prostanazol just un-methylated Winstrol? I thought it was already an active steroid, and not a pro-hormone.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wrestler119
    I might be wrong, but isnt prostanazol just un-methylated Winstrol? I thought it was already an active steroid, and not a pro-hormone.
    Actually, you are correct. My bad. Prostanozol was basically Winstrol with a thp ether for oral activity on carbon 17 instead of a methyl. So Prostanozol is not a true prohormone.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Steroids Vs. Pro Hormones
    By stache in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 10:51 PM
  2. pro-hormones vs. oils
    By AUTO in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 08:16 AM
  3. Pro hormones vs. Steroids
    By Jmazz19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16