Ive been told to seek Dr. Johns expertise

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.83%

Ive been told to seek Dr. Johns expertise

here is my story cut and pasted from Muscle nexus

So, to summ it all up. Around 1999, I started using andro products. Noting big or too dangerous. I used them on and off til mid 2002 I think. I noticed that durring one of my last cycles my left nut shrunk to 2/3 of its normal size and didnt return. I though no biggie....thats the price I pay for using supplements like this. I started cycleing steroids in 2003 maybe. To date ive used Sust 250/T400/TTE400/test prop/cyp/enantahte/tren acetate/dbol/var/clen/hcg/clomid/nolvadex/deca. I think thats it. I am just listing these because i figure some may be interested. If more info is needed like # of cycles and ammount of gear used...it will be complicated and time consuming but i may be able to remember most.

about 2 1/2 weeks ago, i noticed pain in my left nut. (the smaller one) The next day the discomfort was still there and after messin around with it a little, i noticed a lump or something that didnt feel like it should have been there. It almost seemed like my nut was trying to get back to normal size but where it was growing in, was harder then the rest of the nut. i immediatley made an appointment with my doc to get it checked. He had asked me time and time again in previous appointments if I had ever been on steroids and I had always told him no. This time I cam clean and told hime everything. He wasnt too impressed but check out the nut and sent me for a ultrasound. So 2 days later i got the ultrasound and the same day he called me and told me I was going ti have to go to a urologist because it looked like it was a tumour. So 3 days later I am at the urologist and he tells me its probably cancer and that it needs to come out. He told me that i had to stop taking everything I was taking (prop/var at the time) and do exactley what he says for the next 3-4 months and I will beat this no problem. 3 days after that, I am on the tabel getting my left nut removed. After the surgery the doc said that it looked like it was the semanoma kind of cancer(which he said was the better of the two kinds it could have been) and that i would need to wait for test results to come back to see if it was that kind of cancer for sure and that i needed a catscan to see if There was anymore anywhere else. Thats all he said.

He never told me what supplements i could continue to take. I am not just talking about juice....I am talking about everything i take right down to cal/mag/zinc/saw palmetto/ milkthissel/b6/b12.....**** like that. He became very unhelpful very quickley. He said that he doesnt support the use of my supplements(i am assuming he is only reffering to the juice) so therefore anything I choose to take will be at my own discretion. That really help me out a lot. What a d!ck. The urologist never made mention that he though the cancer was related to my "supplement" usage. My family doc however said that it was quite possible. Neither of the doctors knew anything about juice or PCT and are not interested in offering any info to me as to who to talk to to find out what i need to know.

For reasons i cannot discuss. i cant let this keep me down too long. Yes....being a live and healthy is my #1 concern but I need to resume training as soon as possible for competition purposes(i know I need to listen to my body and take at least 2 weeks to heal......I think) It would be very benificial to know if/when I can resume my prop/var....either or both.

I am wondering if anyone has ever been in this position or know who I can get in contact with that might be a little more help then the doc i am seeing now.

Any help is welcome

Thanks

one nut willy

so after all is said and done, i am just looking for sound advice as to what I can and cant take for supplements/pCT at the moment and weither it would be wise to ever touch aas again and if so...how long should i wait. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.19%

I know you want to jump back on, but I'd sit back for a second and think about want I just went through first.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Smile Welcome!

Sorry to hear about that man, but It sounds like you're not gonna take it lying down. It sucks that many DRs are clueless when it comes to supps and nutrition. You've definitely come to the right place. I think I can speak for most when I offer you our support. In the mean time, check this out.

Articles
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    Sorry to hear about that man, but It sounds like you're not gonna take it lying down. It sucks that many DRs are clueless when it comes to supps and nutrition. You've definitely come to the right place. I think I can speak for most when I offer you our support. In the mean time, check this out.

Articles

good read. Your right, i m not the type to let something like this get the best of me. I want to do everything in my power to get bach to 100% ASAP but i dont seem to have the medical knowledge or resourses. Hopefully someone from this board will be able to help me or know where I might find the answers i am looking for.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.85%

Have you read the stickies? That's the best place to start.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.83%

Have you read the stickies? That's the best place to start.
    no not yet. I will right now.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.83%

so there is a lot to read in the stickys and alot I dont quite understand. I will keep plugging through it. Until Dr. John posts here.....do any of you know if it would be safe/appropriate for me to use hcg/nolvadex/clomid/tribulus like i am supposed to do after finishing a cycle of anabolic steroids? I am kind of hesitant to do so because I have not been givin the go a head by any medical advisord abut also I am reluctant to wait much longer because Proper post cycle therapy is crucial in making shore the testies(well now testie) fully recovers from the suppression of the cycle. I only have 1 left and I dont want to jepordize its health so I am not sure what to do. I do know that I am supposed to start post cycle therapy as soon as I come off of the anabolic steroids(becaues of the short half life of the test I was taking.....so I hope I am not screwing myself in the meantime while I wait for sound medical advice. Does anyone have any thoughts on this Issue? Of course my main concern is staying/getting healthy but I would really like to do everything i can to protect the only testie I have left.

Thanks
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    You suffer the health issues you describe--yet cannot wait to get back on steroids. You do not belong in this Forum.
    Thats correct, I obviousley do not have the resourses/information available at my fingertips to make Dr.reccomended decisions. I am not even close to feeling comfortable about making any decisions about any supplement for myself at the moment. Even down to the fact that i supplement with things like cal/mag/zinc/b6/b12 ect... and Dot know if they are going to help or hinder recovery. i would imagine that they would be ok but i have no proof to back my thoughts up.

I am sorry for me then That you feel this way. I chose to find you because someone from another forum thought you/your forum may be a helpful resource for my issue. I am sorry if i have offended you by posting in the wrong forum and wasted your time. I just dont know where to go for the proper information about my situation.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.85%

Bro, we're not banning you or anything, but you need to understand that the DR is giving you the best help he can by reminding you that this is not a game. Your post indicated certain issues that have to be resolved before you can go any further.

Our slogan is learn teach lead. The information here in intented to enable individuals be proactive about maintaining their health.RESPONSIBLY
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    Sorry. The Men's Anti-Aging Medicine Forum is for men seeking better health and fitness--NOT for advice on how to use steroids.

Ok lets change gears then. From gathering other info from other sites and prople from forums, the general concensus it that I am an idiot for thinking about even concidering touching aas again for at least the next 5 years....some say never. So thats means i probably am. So I will not be considering using again for a long while...if ever. Like everyone is saying....health first. So now I am left with wondering what/if I should be running proper PCT for the cycle I just finished to ensure that the damage to my system doesnt . I have a very good idea BTW. Now if you think that me still running PCT to recover from what I have been doing isnt condsidered trying to regain my health...then please do not reply and wast your time telling me that Once again you can be of no help to me. If you want to......i would preffer you delete this thread. I will get the hint.

Thanks
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.83%

Bro, we're not banning you or anything, but you need to understand that the DR is giving you the best help he can by reminding you that this is not a game. Your post indicated certain issues that have to be resolved before you can go any further.

Our slogan is learn teach lead. The information here in intented to enable individuals be proactive about maintaining their health.RESPONSIBLY

I thank you for taking the time to to try and let me know what type of forum this is. I honestly did no more then hear about Dr.John and that he was on a forum and that he might be able to answer some questions for me. I didnt even take time to check and see what kind of forum I was actually posting on. I should have took the time to read the stickies and some other posts to get a feel for the type of guy that DJ actually was before opening my mouth and saying everything to him that i said to the non-medical community on the forums I usually post on.

I am assuming that DJ is not even taking the time to offer useful links to read or anymore info then he is offering because he has a bad impression of me and my lifestyle choices and thinks I am a waist of time. Stupid people make stupid choices. Most of the time its because they are uneducated about the decision then are faceing. I am the type of guy who would always rather educate a person(al least once if i had the ability) rather then make them fend for themselves. I think the sevarity of what i am dealing with extends a little further then just educating someone at the gym about proper lifting techniques. Sure thats helpful to the person receiving the info but In a case like DJ not wanting to take the time to to offer some of his expertise to help a person in need(even if it is just straigntening my head out about the sevarity of the situation to get me on the right track)....i find that very frustrating. Maybe someone knows of other info that may be bennificial to usless gym trash such as myself. Any reads or info would help. Thanks
  12. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie000
    I am assuming that DJ is not even taking the time to offer useful links to read or anymore info then he is offering because he has a bad impression of me and my lifestyle choices and thinks I am a waist of time....

In a case like DJ not wanting to take the time to to offer some of his expertise to help a person in need(even if it is just straigntening my head out about the sevarity of the situation to get me on the right track)....i find that very frustrating.
    Your assumption is completely incorrect.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-...ideration.html
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.83%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Your assumption is completely incorrect.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-...ideration.html

funny thing is. I had only a moment but but i did read that sticky quickly. I have read a few others as well but i was in a rush and was kind of skimming them and didnt understand a lot of things thats were being said. I guess it would be worth my while to slow down a little and understand/absorbe what i read from now on. Might keep me out of these kings of situations. I want to appologize to Dr. John (and everyone else for that matter) for bringing the wrong issues here. I think i have issues concerns that he might have been willing to discuss but I am not sure what to ask now. I guess i will just continue to read more and if i have specific questions that i think may be sutible for him I will give them a try. ummm. The PCT that I should be running......it looks like that can be discussed but Now that ive left a bad impression here.....some might be reluctant to help me. Is this thought correct?
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.85%

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie000
    Now that ive left a bad impression here.....some might be reluctant to help me. Is this thought correct?
    Yes and No. Some might not want to help you. Still, others might.
    I would love to, but your PCT issues are bryond my scope. That would be foolish of me.

I will say that your coming closer to the deeper isues you need to face. This is good.

The best advice I could give you, you have already stated yourself. Stick around. Read Learn.

...And dropping the whiny victim atitude ie "He doesn't like me, He thinks I'm a fool." will go a long way...

Do that, and Mabey the doc will come around...
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.83%

Yes and No. Some might not want to help you. Still, others might.
    I would love to, but your post cycle therapy issues are bryond my scope. That would be foolish of me.

I will say that your coming closer to the deeper isues you need to face. This is good.

The best advice I could give you, you have already stated yourself. Stick around. Read Learn.

...And dropping the whiny victim atitude ie "He doesn't like me, He thinks I'm a fool." will go a long way...

Do that, and Mabey the doc will come around...

I hear ya. Thanks for taking the time to point things out. Even if the doc doesnt come around....i am sure that from other posts and info I can find from this site.....i might be able to answer some of my own questions....maybe not all but some would be a start

Thanks again

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 04:39 PM
  2. My visit to Dr. John
    By b4554 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 11:46 PM
  3. Thanks Dr. John...my trip to Lansing
    By mikandrea in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 01:20 PM