PCT Adjustment

SamSmith

Awards
I'm new here. Any suggestions would be great. Did Haladrol cycle (4 weeks). All support supplements were good. Blood work before and after was good. Slightly elevated liver (not bad), everything else ok. Test dropped as would be expected.

I'm taking the Gaspari Novedex XT for PCT. I know, many beleive it's not enough. I'm a week into PCT as I write this. Further research here has me beleiving that Nolva would be a good idea, which leads to my question.

If I order Nolva now, I'll probably have it in a week - i.e., 2 weeks into PCT. Should I just ride it out with the ATD or stick the Nolva in there mid stream? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the pct that seems to work best for me is atd and nolva. I dont see a problem with adding nolva late as opposed to not adding it at all.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sam smith remove the names of those companies please. that is considered sourcing, a big no no.

in answer to your question.

atd attatches to the androgen receptors on the hypothalamus as well as being a potent aromtase inhibitor. if you take too much of it the combination of your hypothalamus thinking you have no testosterone (when in fact, correct dosing of atd during post cycle therapy can bring test well above baseline) and 0 estrogen from the aromatase inhibitor aspect, you will have no libido.

there is also speculation that atd is not as selective to the hypothalmus as we once thought. in other words, some think it block skeletal muscle androgen receptors. i personally dont put too much credit into this theory but i thought id mention it. youre loss of strength is probably just the typical post cycle response to lowered androgen levels.

1. obtain nolvadex
2. start it out at 40mgs for a week
then 20 mgs for a week
then 10 mgs for a week.

the atd probably got you partially back up to par already, so you probably dont need a full 4 weeks of post cycle therapy with nolva

SamSmith

Awards
Thank you for the reply. I removed the names as you suggested. Sorry about that. I figured that since the compounds in question were not illegal, it was Ok. My main goal is to make sure whatever products I purchase are safe. Now that the names are gone, if you could give a thumbs up or down on either or both, that would be great. I'll probably just flip a coin on those and place the order tomorrow AM.

THanks again!

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the cheaper of the two sources you mentioned is just as good ( if not better) than the more expensive. have no worries about obtaining tamoxifen from the cheaper company.

SamSmith

Awards
the cheaper of the two sources you mentioned is just as good ( if not better) than the more expensive. have no worries about obtaining tamoxifen from the cheaper company.
I had them express mail this order. It amazes me that the cheaper company charges about $29 for a 60ml vile while the other company charges $55- for half that amount?????

jjm

jjm

Awards
1. obtain nolvadex
2. start it out at 40mgs for a week
then 20 mgs for a week
then 10 mgs for a week.
I'm sorry to hijack but I have a quick question.

When you see a post cycle therapy setup like
Nolva - 40/30/20/10
Clomid - 150/100/50/50

Does that mean for the first week you split 40mg of nolva and 150mg of clomid for that entire week, or do you do 40mgs and 150mgs a day, for that first week?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When you see a post cycle therapy setup like
Nolva - 40/30/20/10
Clomid - 150/100/50/50
the dashes separate the doses you need to do for each day of the week.

so 40/30/20/10 means

40mgs a day all 7 days of week 1
30mgs a day all 7 days of week 2

etc

SamSmith

Awards
the dashes separate the doses you need to do for each day of the week.

so 40/30/20/10 means

40mgs a day all 7 days of week 1
30mgs a day all 7 days of week 2

etc
Mind another question? this one is probably the king of stupid questions but I'm playing it safe by using the logic "measure twice/cut once"

I have my USP Tamoxifen Citrate. It is 20MG/ML and is in a 60ML Vial. So, it would appear to me that each ML contains 20 MG; therefore, I should use 2 ML to acheive a 40MG dose. How would you recommend determining ML? Also, does my logic seem good to you? Thanks man

SamSmith

Awards
My god that stuff is the most horrible tasting thing I've ever experienced????? It's like a cross between bad homemade Schnapps and paint thinner!!!!!! Is this normal?? I'm starting to fear that I may have poisoned myelf.

Should it worry me that it states: Not for human use???? I took 2ML to equal 40MG. I used one of those little syringes that we use for the kids Tylenol. I'm sure I got this dosing right but please let me know if you think I'm off a little. Thanks.

eisenmench

eisenmench

Banned
Awards
My god that stuff is the most horrible tasting thing I've ever experienced????? It's like a cross between bad homemade Schnapps and paint thinner!!!!!! Is this normal?? I'm starting to fear that I may have poisoned myelf.

Should it worry me that it states: Not for human use???? I took 2ML to equal 40MG. I used one of those little syringes that we use for the kids Tylenol. I'm sure I got this dosing right but please let me know if you think I'm off a little. Thanks.
This will probably reach you too late, BUT you have just killed yourself!

just kidding

SamSmith

Awards
This will probably reach you too late, BUT you have just killed yourself!

just kidding
I like it!! my kind of humor! But, considering the chemicals I shoved down my neck back in the 80's and early 90's, I doubt my system would even blink if this **** were pure Anthrax!!!

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
oral clomid I think is the worst tasting stuff ever...(shivers up and down my spine at the though of swallowing another dropper of it.)

I'm starting to believe what others suggest, that clomid aggrevates post cyle depression and makes you a whiny *****.... someone needs to convince me that clomid is worth it else I'm gonna ditch it next cycle and see what happens.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oral clomid I think is the worst tasting stuff ever...(shivers up and down my spine at the though of swallowing another dropper of it.)

I'm starting to believe what others suggest, that clomid aggrevates post cyle depression and makes you a whiny *****.... someone needs to convince me that clomid is worth it else I'm gonna ditch it next cycle and see what happens.
chlomid activates emotion centers in the brain, so yes it does turn you into an estrogenic emotional mess in some cases, i barely notice this on up to 150mgs a day.

why is chlomid worth it? from what i have read chlomid has a direct effect on FSH secretion, as opposed to an indirect effect via negative feedback inhibition.

in other words, an aromatase inhibitor will prevent the hypothalmus from reading any estrogen, therefore FSH and LH are released to compensate.

chlomid ITSELF attatches to the hypothalamus, and the hypothalmus recieves direct instuctrions from chlomid to produce lots of FSH, and LH to a lesser degree. This is why chlomid is known to bring the boys back so fast.

SamSmith

Awards
chlomid activates emotion centers in the brain, so yes it does turn you into an estrogenic emotional mess in some cases, i barely notice this on up to 150mgs a day.

why is chlomid worth it? from what i have read chlomid has a direct effect on FSH secretion, as opposed to an indirect effect via negative feedback inhibition.

in other words, an aromatase inhibitor will prevent the hypothalmus from reading any estrogen, therefore FSH and LH are released to compensate.

chlomid ITSELF attatches to the hypothalamus, and the hypothalmus recieves direct instuctrions from chlomid to produce lots of FSH, and LH to a lesser degree. This is why chlomid is known to bring the boys back so fast.
What about the Clomid reducing GnRH (I think this is the accronym) sensativity? I heard that Nolva is a better choice here. Also, I read that Nolva will raise TEST higher than Clomid will at a far lower dose, that it is less taxing on the liver and will actually improve lipid profiles. I'm confused as hell on these two items. One thing I know for sure, my research Nolva taste like crap, it makes me tired if I take it during the day, and everyone has their favorite - i.e., Clomid/Nolva!

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have never heard that chlomid reduces GNRH sensitivity. It attatches to estrogen receptors...and should interefere with whatever receptor GNRH attatches to. Have you read studies on this?

Yes, nolva is more powerful and lower doses. Chlomid is a favorite because it maintains or bring back testicular size very quickly (FSH production). The nolva is then used to provide the LH kick to keep them pumping out testosterone.

SamSmith

Awards
I thought I read somewhere that Nolva can actually increase GNRH sens. while Clomid, if anything, decreases it. I think a moderator at both BB.com and Steroidology may have said this but don't quote me. A search on either site would probably get you to it.

I'm just using Nolva and Nolvedex XT by Gaspari for PCT. But then again, this is only for a Halo cycle. Think this is OK? In the future perhaps I'm run Clomid for a week and then Nolva.

Thanks