thrombolytic risk of SERMs

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking for an alternative to clomid for post cycle therapy. Nolvadex is one very popular option and Toremifene seems to be the other good option if not the best. But I'm concerned with the blood cloting risk of these 2 last SERMs which seems to be quiet high (looks like the risk is around 2%)
Any thought on that? should I be concerned or am I just paranoiac about that?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Come on guy,
I can't believe that almost everybody who uses gear take SERM for his PCT but still nobody has any idea or don't care about the risks.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
While I cannot speak on thrombus related side effects as my education on the topic is limited, I can say that there have been controlled studies and tests done with Nolvadex and Clomid, which are documented and publicly available on the net. Studies including hundreds of women (and in some cases men) who take these SERMs for months at a time. The findings are well documented and you may want to search them for the information you desire.

Also, most people who use SERMs for post cycle therapy do so in a short, low-dosed manner, such as 4 week long periods of time, with dosages usually staying in the 'safe' range. They also have bloodwork and level analysis done before and after to make sure all is well.

But if you are concerned about something, then for peace of mind at least, stay away from it.

Hope this helps,
RR

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Wait...you're worried that these SERMs might thin out (in laymen's terms) your blood, and change your lipid profile?

You do know that people take these drugs for that very reason, right?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait...you're worried that these SERMs might thin out (in laymen's terms) your blood, and change your lipid profile?

You do know that people take these drugs for that very reason, right?
No I'm not talking about lipid profile but the blood cloting risk of these dugs. Which is a well documented risk of these class of drug.
As I wrote before, after some seache that I did it seems that this risk (that may lead to pulmonary embolism and be fatal) is stimated around 2%. but none of the documents I found link this to any particular lenght or dosage of drug.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While I cannot speak on thrombus related side effects as my education on the topic is limited, I can say that there have been controlled studies and tests done with Nolvadex and Clomid, which are documented and publicly available on the net. Studies including hundreds of women (and in some cases men) who take these SERMs for months at a time. The findings are well documented and you may want to search them for the information you desire.

Also, most people who use SERMs for post cycle therapy do so in a short, low-dosed manner, such as 4 week long periods of time, with dosages usually staying in the 'safe' range. They also have bloodwork and level analysis done before and after to make sure all is well.

But if you are concerned about something, then for peace of mind at least, stay away from it.

Hope this helps,
RR
I did search but can't find any statistic result other than the 2% I mentioned. We really have no information on the dosage, treatment length or condition that lead to thrombosis.

Furthermore I don't think 40 mg (per day for up to 1 month) be a low dose. Most of the cancer patient take 10-20mg per day. But I do agree that they take it for a very long time.

By the way if anybody can bring this Thread to Dr D attention I would be grateful. I would be interested in reading his opinion as well.
Thanks.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
No I'm not talking about lipid profile but the thromboytic (blood clot) risk of these rdugs. Which is a well documented risk of these class of drug.
As I wrote before, after some seache that I did it seems that this risk (that may lead to pulmonary embolism and be fatal) is stimated around 2%. but none of the documents I found link this to any particular lenght or dosage of drug.
Ahh...then your thread has a big typo in the title, because "thrombolytic" means to break up blood clots; its an adjective formed from the verb "thrombolysis." Thrombus, being a clot.

In fact, thromboytic is sometimes used as a synonym.

This refers to "clot busting" drugs, not a clot-forming or thickening action.

The word you're intending to use is Thrombosis.

Thrombolysis, Thrombosis, Thrombus and Embolus

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
I read over some of the studies relating to the issues particularly with Novla. It appears that the big factors were that a lot of the individuals that did experience this were at risk of stroke anyway.

Being overweight, and using the drugs for like a year at a time were the main factors.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ahh...then your thread has a big typo in the title, because "thrombolytic" means to break up blood clots; its an adjective formed from the verb "thrombolysis." Thrombus, being a clot.

You are right. Big Typo!
Unfortunately I can't change the title. I think I have to delete the thread and start another one.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You are right. Big Typo!
Unfortunately I can't change the title. I think I have to delete the thread and start another one.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You are right. Big Typo!

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You are right. Big Typo!
Unfortunately I can't change the title.