PCT bloating and abdominal distention? WTF?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guys for the last few weeks of my cycle and now into PCT I have had extreme abdominal distention and bloating every time after I eat. It is really getting me worried. My cycle did not include any GH or IGF. It is just like every time I eat my stomach feels huge all of a sudden and protrudes. I really don't look like I have gained much fat back (if any yet) so I do not think it is that.

Any thoughts on what to do about this?

Mr.50

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
same exact thing happend to me after my 2nd cycle of m1t + finigenx. extreme bloating and serious roid gut with a 6 pack on top. i looked like ronnie for a week

it does go down eventually. i have heard all kinds of speculation as to what it might be but no definitive answer. cortisol spikes, high circulating estrogen, insulin sensitivty bouncing around, visceral fat gain, igf-1 levels spiking. who knows

after it deflated some of it still staid behind. i got rid of most of it doing a cutter with PGH "oral".

give it a week and it should go down. tell us how it goes i am interested

what compounds did you use on cycle?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
IF it lingers it may be a sign your liver/gall bladder are not happy. This is supposedly a sign of bile duct blockage if you believe the holistic folks.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hummmnnnn,

Not good. I will have to kick up the liver support products and see if I can get some relief here.

Compounds were Test Cyp, Tren, Winny, but the Test was the only one run throughout and the Winny and Tren only had a short period of overlap. Did not really enjoy the winny or tren to tell the truth. I think from now on if I ever do any more cycles it will be Test Cyp and GH and thats it.

Mr.50

IF it lingers it may be a sign your liver/gall bladder are not happy. This is supposedly a sign of bile duct blockage if you believe the holistic folks.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I think jomi822 nailed it, it's visceral fat gain. Androgens would do that, directly or indirectly, I am not aware of the mechanism. A solid dose of BCAA helps, so does a cortisol blocker.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
To clarify..bloating directly after eating may be a sign of liver/gall bladder stuff..not fat gain though.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bioman I am a bit worried now. Any good suggestions for liver/gall bladder health and repair besides Milk Thistle?

Mr.50

To clarify..bloating directly after eating may be a sign of liver/gall bladder stuff..not fat gain though.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) is a key physiological agent formed in the body by combining the essential amino acid methionine to adenosyl-tri-phosphate (ATP). SAMe was discovered in Italy in 1952. Not surprisingly, most of the research on SAMe has been conducted in the country of its discovery.

Because SAMe is manufactured from methionine, one would think that dietary sources of methionine would provide the same benefits as SAMe. However, high doses of methionine have not been shown to increase levels of SAMe, nor does it provide the same pharmacological activity as SAMe, and high dosages of methionine are associated with some degree of toxicity.

Normally the body manufactures all the SAMe it needs from the amino acid methionine. However, a deficiency of methionine, vitamin B12, or folic acid can result in decreased SAMe synthesis. In addition, tissue levels of SAMe are typically low the elderly and in patients suffering from osteoarthritis, depression, and various liver disorders.

Pharmacology

SAMe is involved in over 40 biochemical reactions in the body. It functions closely with folic acid and vitamin B12 in "methylation" reactions. Methylation is the process of adding a single carbon unit (a methyl group) to another molecule. SAMe is many times more effective in transferring methyl groups than other methyl donors. Methylation reactions are critical in the manufacture of many body components especially brain chemicals as well as in detoxification reactions.

SAMe is also required in the manufacture of all sulfur-containing compounds in the human body including glutathione (discussed below) and various sulfur-containing cartilage components.

The beneficial effects of SAMe supplementation are far-reaching due to its central role in so many metabolic processes.

Liver Disorders

SAMe has been shown to be quite beneficial in several liver disorders including cirrhosis, Gilbert's syndrome, and oral contraceptive-induced liver damage. Its benefits are related to its function as the major methyl donor in the liver and it's lipotropic activity. One of the leading contributors to impaired liver function is diminished bile flow or cholestasis. SAMe is beneficial for a variety of liver disorders because of its ability to promote bile flow and relieve cholestasis.

One of the greatest risks of chronic liver diseases such as chronic hepatitis is liver cancer. Supplementation with SAMe appears to be very much indicated in these patients in the attempt to reduce the risk for liver cancer. Animal studies have shown a significant protective effect for supplemental SAMe against liver cancer in animals exposed to liver carcinogens.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
SAMe is nice, I used to use for depression but it is too pricey.

Didn't mean to scare you. The bloating could be totally unrelated to liver values, but supposedly it is a sign of gall/liver stones building up in the bile channels which is not really life threatening per se, just makes for ineffecient digestion.

I had a bit of this going on after a long oral cycle and Liv-52 took a lot of the symptoms away and really improved my digestion and energy levels. NP carries it.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Bio.

Mr.50

SAMe is nice, I used to use for depression but it is too pricey.

Didn't mean to scare you. The bloating could be totally unrelated to liver values, but supposedly it is a sign of gall/liver stones building up in the bile channels which is not really life threatening per se, just makes for ineffecient digestion.

I had a bit of this going on after a long oral cycle and Liv-52 took a lot of the symptoms away and really improved my digestion and energy levels. NP carries it.