Help me understand Nolvadex and Clomid

St1ff

Awards
I've been reading up on these two meds. They seem to be directed to women who need help conceiving or just had breast cancer. How do these work during PCT. I've been looking around here and can't realy find the science to it, just the fact that you need to take them..Warnings like this creep me out

Check with your doctor as soon as possible if you experience vaginal bleeding, unexplained sore throat or fever, or unusual bleeding or bruising.

Even a link to read about this will do...Thanks

The Colonel 333

Awards
I wish I could post links for ya to help but I don't have that privilege.
A really really quick rundown Nolva is used to help fight breast cancer in women by selectively blocking estrogen receptors in the breast. Hence slowing the growth of the breast and in turn hopefully slowing the growth of any cancer in the breast. So if a man was having issues with his estrogen levels being to high. Ooohhh........ let's say because he did a cycle of steroids or pro hormones that knocked his naturally balance out of whack. Then he might experience a growth in his breast commonly known as GYNO. He could use nolva for the same reason.
Clomid does help with the fertility of women and if the same man as above wanted to help bring his "fertility" levels up because they were out of whack. He might also try using clomid for the same reason.
There is alot of info on the internet as to why someone may try those methods and the science behind it. You just need to try searching more, ALOT more, on this web site and MANY others. I personally don't like putting anything into my body until I know what it does and why I am doing it. I wish alot more people followed that advice and not just going for it because there "buddy" said it was cool.

The Colonel 333

Awards
Ummm.. Yea basically what Gumber said. :thumbsup:

St1ff

Awards
Wow, excellent material. Thanks guys.

"A very rare but all the more serious problem of Nolvadex is. that. in some cases it does not lower the estrogen level but can increase it."

That kind of scares me...

The reason I was asking is because last spring I did a PP cycle and just used other supplements for PCT. I have stocked up on PP and SD and was planning on doing a combo cycle here shortley and I wanted to make sure I had my PCT all set.

The Colonel 333

Awards
St1ff, "A very rare but all the more serious problem of Nolvadex is. that. in some cases it does not lower the estrogen level but can increase it."

That kind of scares me...

See here is the thing, your body has worked out a natural balance between testosterone and estrogen levels. When you take something that knocks that balance out of whack. There may be some consequences depending on how out of balance and for how long. If your body senses your testosterone levels rising, or above normal, it sends signals for you to stop producing testosterone, and if the supplement or steroid your taking is strong enough to keep you with really high levels of testosterone, then you will completely stop producing it naturally. This is the reason your balls shrink when on roids. The day you stop taking that substance and artificially inflating your testosterone levels you are left with virtually no T levels or really low T levels. So now you are walking around with a Testosterone and estrogen balance that looks more like the one found in women, so you might start growing boobs retaining water etc... etc... Some people think your body has a hormonal "memory" . Meaning that if your on cycle for months on end the day you stop your body seems to remember the last few months of how it acted and wont necessarily jump right back to where it should be. Now everybody is a little bit different and are affected by different substances a little differently, so what does or does not happen to you will not always apply completely to your buddies.
Nolva is really good at what it is designed to do. Is it the ,be all, and end all of post cycle therapy , NO. Will a certain small percentage of the population have some adverse reaction or have it not work as effectively on them , yes. But if your body senses high estrogen levels and low T levels, like they might coming off the end of a cycle. Then it might react by trying to grow boobs. Nolva is very effective in stopping this reaction. But it is only one piece of the puzzle.
There is another substance called Toremefine citrate it works alot like nolva with one exception, it has also been raising T levels rather quickly along with blocking estrogen receptors. Alot of guys are finding it to be a much better choice as a serm and as a better overall PCT choice. Don't fool yourself into thinking that just because you bought an over the counter supplement to do a cycle on, then all your going to need for PCT is over the counter products. It does not always work that way. Nolva and Toeremefine are also not the only products to consider in PCT. You really should do alot more reading on how steroids affect the body and how all the various PCT products help combat its negative effects and bring you back to your normal balance without growing boobs or LOOSING all the muscle you gained while "on". This web site has alot of good info posted on it. I have been reading like a mad man for months and still have not read all the good info here on different products and protocols on how to cycle and do proper PCT. Another good web site with alot of PCT info is IBE they have a web forum similar to this one with a wealth of knowledge.
I would recommend before you open up any more of those PP or superdrol bottles you get a decent understanding of what to do if throwing of your body's natural balance starts to give you some ugly side effects.