New PCT drug??

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Found this posted on another board, though I would share.

Androxal (enclomiphene), being researched by Repros Therapeutics, might make history in the next couple months!!

The full writeup is here, and has a lot of information about it. It's in powerpoint format, so I wrote a small abstract. The powerpoint has lots of charts/graphs though, so if you CAN read it, DO IT!

http://www.zonagen.com/html/ppt/ice2004.ppt

My Abstract:

Clomiphene (clomid) is made up of two isomers, enclomiphene and zuclomiphene. The enclomiphene is what works on bringing up our test levels, and scary enough the zuclomiphene will actually work to LOWER test levels. So by combining these to make clomid, you get a weak(er) response, which is what we are all using for pct.

By seperating out the zuclomiphene, and only taking in enclomiphene, it was found to raise test levels significantly higher and in a much shorter time than taking in clomid. How does it sound to only take two weeks to go from ~180 ng/dl to 608 ng/dl?

So what does this mean? If all bodes well for Repros Therapeutics, and enclomiphene gets FDA approval, then we are going to have a KILLER pct drug lined up for us. They're finishing up Phase 3 of the study, which is going to go to the FDA for approval. Cross your fingers!

Some more benefits: Lower total cholesterol an average of 30 points, and lowers triglycerides by an average of 50 points, doesn't raise estradiol or DHT hardly at all... Pretty good stuff huh?

EDIT: Just for comparison sake, enclomiphene is the trans-isomer of clomiphene. And tamoxifen is the trans-isomer of the drug it is derived from, which is very close to clomiphene. So as of right now, it looks like tamoxifen (nolvadex) may actually be a better alternative to clomid for restoring testosterone levels. I know that some have already made the connection like this, but with all of the new evidence supporting the trans-isomer of serms/ae's, it might be starting to make sense.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
sounds good, it would be even better if this limited the problems with seeing trails and feeling down and sad all the time too

sounds like it will be a bit before we find out though

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
What is the reasoning behind that statement (although I don't know if this was a C&P or your own comments).

Who wrote the original post?
Total C&P. :D

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I had researched Enclomiphene a few months ago ... from the studies I read, it makes up the better half of CLomiphene in regards to reversing the negative feedback that estrogen imposes on LH and FSH. I wish I could cite the studies now. Zuc is apparently the agonistic half in regards to LH.

I think Toremefine is all you really need though, in my experience.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I had researched Enclomiphene a few months ago ... from the studies I read, it makes up the better half of CLomiphene in regards to reversing the negative feedback that estrogen imposes on LH and FSH. I wish I could cite the studies now. Zuc is apparently the agonistic half in regards to LH.

I think Toremefine is all you really need though, in my experience.
What is it that is so good about Toremefine that everyone keeps talking about it? I'm too lazy to search right now.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
You mean E, instead of LH.

Using an AI during post cycle therapy, as many advocate, lowers E too much, thereby extending the time of Lipid Profile damage, endothelial dysfunction, and lowered estrogen in neurological tissues (dangerous to cognitive function--permanently). IMPO, estrogen antagonism should be the first line therapy.
Yes, I meant agonistic to E, and therefore having E's negative effects on LH.. sorry, I should have clarified that.

I only use SERMs during post cycle therapy, I don't use AI's with PCT, although I used to.

I use AI's at a low dose during cycles with aromatizing compounds.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a little of the original topic but, What has more negative effects when used long term, for instance On cycle, SERM or AI? I know it must depend on the actual compound but in general when refering to AI's or SERMs. I would AI's have greater/harsher rebound effects....?