Insomnia during PCT

Zig5699

Awards
Figured I'd ask this here so here goes...

I did a 16 day cycle of superdrol (20mg per day), and I'm currently in my 3rd week of post cycle therapy. I'm taking the following:

Nolva (40,40,20,20) currently on 20mg
Rebound XT (25,25,50,75) currently on 50mg
Activate
Fenugreek
Red Yeast Rice
CoQ10
Milk Thistle
Saw Palmetto
Multi-vitamin

However, ever since my second week of PCT, I have not been able to sleep very well. Maybe 3-4 good hours of sleep a night, if lucky. I'm tired but I can't fall asleep. Any suggestions as to what I can do, take, or eliminate from my PCT so I can gets some rest?? I've also noticed that I get very hot, easily now (don't know if that has anything to do with it but thought I'd throw it out there).

Had a few personal problems, too, which might be impacting my sleep, but I don't think that's 100% the cause...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Up your activate dose..makes me sleep really well.

Also, make sure to take the CoQ-10 in the AM as it can give me a boost of energy. Delete it for a few days and see if that helps if AM dosing does not work.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
3mg of Melatonin 30-45 minutes before bed does the trick for me. A little earlier if you plan on eating right before bed. It will realllly make you pass out though. You can get it at any drug store pretty darn cheap.

Also I have to mention it. I see you bought all those support supplements. Why not try out Anabolic Innovation's Cycle Support, it has everything you need :) for MUCH cheaper as an all in one formula. No pills!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
3mg of Melatonin 30-45 minutes before bed does the trick for me. A little earlier if you plan on eating right before bed. It will realllly make you pass out though. You can get it at any drug store pretty darn cheap.

Also I have to mention it. I see you bought all those support supplements. Why not try out Anabolic Innovation's Cycle Support, it has everything you need :) for MUCH cheaper as an all in one formula. No pills!
Bump LMD Melatonin does the trick for me and you won't become dependent. Also bump the cycle support, no need to take 20 supps anymore.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
another thought is that you need to back off your training a bit. insomnia is a big tipoff to overtraining/high cortisol levels. This is especially the case when coming off androgens. See if that might help.
Also, some people get lethargy from superdrol....and thus you might have slept better because of its "downing" affects. I know I used to from M1t.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes dosing nolva right before bed gives me a stimulant effect. If you dose it at night, try dosing it earlier in the day.

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
im gettin the sleeping problem u r and yes i does my novla before bed but what works for me is ZMA. I take 5 caps even though the bottle says 4 and i sleep like a rock! Melotonin i though is habit forming and i dont want to be dependent on it.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would melatonin be a good supp to use to combat insomnia while on cycle as well?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Would melatonin be a good supp to use to combat insomnia while on cycle as well?
Yup, I am using it for that right now.

Melatonin has also been shown to be very mildly anti-estrogenic and a promoter of GH release. It also help regulate sleep. If you ever get off your sleep schedule, take melatonin the next time you want to get back on schedule at the time that you would like to begin sleeping normally. Your body remembers the next day and you start getting tired around that time, it is pretty interesting. This is why it has been used to overcome jetlag.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks LMD. Just picked up a 90 cap bottle of 3mg pills from my local pharmacy. Will give it a try tonight. What dosage do you normally use?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Thanks LMD. Just picked up a 90 cap bottle of 3mg pills from my local pharmacy. Will give it a try tonight. What dosage do you normally use?
The studies done on GH release used something like 10mg which is insane to me. I use 3mg, 45 minutes before bed on an empty stomach. You will DEFINITELY feel the lethargy kicking in after taking it. You might be a little drowsy in the morning if you don't get a lot of sleep. If you are one of those people who gets <6 hours sleep and you feel you are waking up drowsy from the melatonin, then break the capsule in half and take 1.5. It should still help, as some people have done.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does it have to be ingested on an empty stomach to be effective? I normally have my last protein shake (Muscle Milk) about an hour before going to sleep.

Zig5699

Awards
Thanks guys! I think I'm going to cut back on my training a bit (work out about 6 days a week) and pick up some Melatonin to try out. Also, I just completed my PCP so I interested to see if my sleep gets back to normal. Again, thanks.

Carl Hungus

Carl Hungus

Awards
I couple Valerian root with 1mg melatonin (2-stage, for slower release). Puts me out within a half hour every time.