Not able to train on PCT

Mess

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I'm now into the 10th day of PCT and i've been sick for the last 4 days (fever), couldnt work out on these days.

whats the negative impact of that on me ? loss of gains, strength ..etc
i mean is that so bad not to train for 4 days in PCT ?

Cheers

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I'm now into the 10th day of post cycle therapy and i've been sick for the last 4 days (fever), couldnt work out on these days.

whats the negative impact of that on me ? loss of gains, strength ..etc
i mean is that so bad not to train for 4 days in PCT ?

Cheers

As long as you resume your training within a week IMO you'll be OK.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'll be fine.. Me I like to take just a few day off at the end of cycle... give my body a nice little rest. But thats me, and what works for my body. Obviously not advise for everyone.

Adams

akp2004

Awards
Yea, I think if you're sick and not training, the big thing would be finding ways to continue to stay in a positive nitrogen balance, and eating well. Though your body's immune system is fighting the sickness, you're also still recovering and ostensbly growing muscle from your last week of intense workouts. Given that, do your best to eat protein every 3-4hrs, with enough calories, that it's going to your muscle growth. Losing your pump and feeling flat from laying in bed, and not lifting is normal... There's been some times when I've come back stronger after being sick!

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
a lot of guys get sick during PCT... A lot of guys take back off weeks during PCT. A lot of guys do a lot of things. You'll be fine.. just EAT.

And don't cut during, or too close to PCT...

Angrysanta

Awards
Just curious, what compound were you running for your cycle? Thanks.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i like taking a week off during pct. usually in week 2 i do that. i feel it helps. its not so much the lifting you need to be solid on during pct, its the diet.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
taking a few days off wont kill you, i would simply stick to the basics as soon as you can get back in the gym.

lift heavy, compond movements to keep androgen receptors open and stimulate test production

slightly dirtier diet, with the typical large quantity of protein

SERMS, ATD..etc etc

also igf-1 is now becoming a favorite to use on lab rats during post cycle therapy. the rat can more or less keep everything, lean out a little, and maybe gain a few pounds if everything else is in order.

other than that just chill and let your body recover, its hard to keep that mass while sick :(

akp2004

Awards
thx guys, you've been very helpful
Definitely let us know how it goes, as you get back into it. It's always a fine line when you're sick - just try to remember, it takes less volume to maintain your muscle than it does to stimulate the growth. Expect to lose some size, and your pump when you're not training. Keep stoking the food to the best of your ability. Hope it goes well for you, and you're on the road back to health soon. Please post what happens for you.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i definitely know what its like to get sick during your pct. its happened to me more often than not. i read by someone on here that cortisol inhibitors such as lean extreme and retain lower your immune function. i think i will drop the cortisol reducers and make sure i take lots of vitamin c. people say you need something to control cortisol but if you get sick while doing so i dont see the point. if it helps you in one area, it hurts you in another. i think next time if i do run lean extreme or retain it will be at a lower dose. 1-2 caps a day around my workout.

i just noticed how much i was babbling. sorry guys. haha. just make sure you eat, man. let us know how it goes.

Mess

Awards
  • Established
Ok Guys i'm back to gym, did chest & Tris on Friday and Back & Bis on saturday, workout was very good, surprisingly trained with almost the same wieghts, workout was fine, i felt little sore but over all i'm fine again, diet is good, bit on the high side but clean .

so far my body wieght is the same around 246 lbs, muscles slightly seems smaller ( nothing noticable ) even though wieght remained the same.

Libido is back again :woohoo: , i usualy tend to loos it for a week as max.
i'll drop the Retain and Vit C dose to 2 caps a day starting next friday.

as you can see that things came back to order again and i owe it all to you bros.

cheers