mega-trn, mega-zol, post cycle therapy?

alanor

Awards
Hi there,
I've been doing some research on these forums and recently took an interest in designer supplements and prohormone cycles in general. I've read that it's best for first timers and lower weight individuals to stick with low dosages and "non-methylated" compounds to reduce the risk of liver damage. My search has brought me to these two supplements, which I was thinking of taking in a 6 week cycle at relatively low dosages; about 1.5mg for the mtrn and 50 - 100mg of the zol with lots of protein and hydration.

I want to put together a post cycle therapy that's relatively simple and straightforward. I've heard quite a few product names being thrown around here... Rebound XT, Nolvadex, Activate, and so on. I'm not certain which of these are particularly important for me given my choice of products and I haven't been able to find a thread on PCT that mentions them together.

ATM I'm relatively slim and have noticed only marginal gains from weightlifting alone. I don't really want to gain a lot of weight as much as gain a little to fill out my frame and then gain hardness and definition to finish the look. Since it's my first time however, I'm erring on the side of caution. If anyone has other recommendations however I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Hi there,
I've been doing some research on these forums and recently took an interest in designer supplements and prohormone cycles in general. I've read that it's best for first timers and lower weight individuals to stick with low dosages and "non-methylated" compounds to reduce the risk of liver damage. My search has brought me to these two supplements, which I was thinking of taking in a 6 week cycle at relatively low dosages; about 1.5mg for the mtrn and 50 - 100mg of the zol with lots of protein and hydration.

I want to put together a post cycle therapy that's relatively simple and straightforward. I've heard quite a few product names being thrown around here... Rebound XT, Nolvadex, Activate, and so on. I'm not certain which of these are particularly important for me given my choice of products and I haven't been able to find a thread on post cycle therapy that mentions them together.

ATM I'm relatively slim and have noticed only marginal gains from weightlifting alone. I don't really want to gain a lot of weight as much as gain a little to fill out my frame and then gain hardness and definition to finish the look. Since it's my first time however, I'm erring on the side of caution. If anyone has other recommendations however I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Maybe what you need is a better diet and a better routine, then. Hormones themselves will do little for your goals if diet and routine aren't good. DIET is the #1 cause for low results in the gym, not hormones.

alanor

Awards
Thank you for the response, but that doesn't answer my question about post cycle therapy... Any further insight would be appreciated.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Hey Alanor, welcome to the board by the way. I think Grunt was just alluding to the fact that you may not be ready to start a cycle yet. You should really be able to put together a comprehensive PCT for yourself before you start the cycle. Research all of the products you mentioned, and when you feel you have a PCT that is solid enough, post it in this thread and then we will critique that.

alanor

Awards
Thanks mullet, I definitely understand. Generally forums are the best place to find such information, and this is the best forum I've found on the subject. Even still, information tends to be scare at best, and often full of assumptions, and biased opinions. It can be pretty challenging sifting through it all.

Nevertheless, I've looked into post cycle therapy a bit further, and it occurs to me so far that three things are important: restoring natural hormone production, reducing cortisol levels to prevent wasting post-cycle, and supplementing with some manner of liver support. This has brought me to three products, Rebound XT, Retain, and Milk Thistle supplements respectively.

So heres a PCT possibility for everyone to mull over:

Week1:
ReboundXT:75mg
Milk Thistle: 250mg

Week2:
ReboundXT: 50mg

Week3:
ReboundXT: 50mg
Retain:100mg

Week4:
ReboundXT: 25mg
Retain: 100mg

Week5:
Retain: 50mg

Week6:
Retain: 50mg

Really I see no reason to stop supplementing with milk thistle since it's a harmless and relatively beneficial supplement, so I might continue using it. Anyhow, this is what I've come up with, please let me know what you think. Thanks :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Your missing a, and in most people's opinion, the key ingredient of Novla. It is a must bar-none. To save you some time it's chemical name is Tamixofen Citrate, and you can find it at some of our board sponsors. You are also missing the point of protection during, and before, post cycle is not your only concern while using AAS. Research some more and come up with some ancilliaries for BP, cholesterol, other alternatives for liver supplementation. I am not going to tell you exactly what they are, because I hate spoonfeeding people information they should know for themselves before cycling.

Abe the Cop

Awards
To the OP:

When I first started researching steroids, prohormones and post cycle therapy I never felt a need to make a thread asking what I should use for PCT. I didn't make a single thread for a very simple reason: I don't want people's opinions, I want hard fact. Of course, there really isn't 'hard fact' when it comes to PCT, but there exists something close enough. I'll give you just a little info to work with and you can use that to research the rest.

What you need is a SERM, which stands for selective estrogen receptor modulator. There are a handful of SERMs that are relatively easy to acquire online. The most commonly used and recommend of these compounds are Nolva (tamoxifen citrate) and Clomid (clomiphene citrate).

Nolva competetively binds to estrogen in target tissues, mainly the nipples. This obviously prevents the most infamous side effect of steroid use: gynecomastia (***** tits, gyno). Nolvadex is also an estrogen agonist in the liver, and can mimic the actions estrogen in the liver. Thus it can increase HDL (high density lipoprotein - good) cholesterol values. Like Clomid, Nolvadex shows an ability to increase FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (luteinizing hormone) in men. As with clomid, blocking negative feedback inhibition caused by estrogen at the hypothalamus and pituitary, helps the release of FSH/LH. Increased LH productions stimulates leydigs cells thus producing more testosterone. Recommended doses are 10-40mg. Some people use 60mg the first day of PCT to jump start. On average PCT with Nolva will look like this: 40/40/20/10. PCT can run longer than four weeks depending on the length of the cycle.

Clomid (clomiphene citrate) is not as effective in blocking estrogen as Nolva is. However, I do not believe the difference is very much. Also, Clomid produces more side effects than most other SERMs. The one that keeps me from using it is permenant eyesight damage. However, this is only said to occur after longterm high doses. Recommended doses are 50-100mg.

I'm not going to bother giving you information on every single SERM there is. You need to do your own research. I learned everything I just posted from doing my own research. I never had to ask anyone. I just needed to be determined to find out the information I needed to run a successful, safe cycle. Don't forget support supplements. You listed milk thislte, but that's far from enough. I'll give you a quick list. But you still need to research more.

Milk thistle - Obviously for you liver as you know. Preload for 2-3 weeks at 1,000mg

NAC (n-acetyl-cysteine) - Also for the liver. Good to use in conjunction with MT and ALA. 1,000mg

ALA - Same as above. 200mg

Saw palmetto - Used to protect the prostate as it is in danger of enlargement. And since most men will experience dangerously large prostates at some point in their later life it is good to protect it while it could be in danger at a younger age. 160mg

Hawthorne Berry - You will need to preload this for 2-3 weeks before starting a cycle. It takes time to take effect. It's used to keep blood pressure low. Steroids heighten blood pressure and this is a very effective supplement to combat that issue. 600-1,200mg

Red yeast rice - You'll need to protect that heart (cardiovasular system) and this is the supplement to do it. 1.6g (1,600mg)

Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) - Red yeast rice is good for your heart, but it depletes the body of this essential enzyme. Supplement with CoQ10 at about 50-100mg.

Celery Seed - If your blood pressure is up and the hawthorne berry is either not working or hasn't fully kicked in yet, celery seed will help lower blood pressure quickly.

Taurine - This is not an essential supplement. Most people use it to combat the nasty back pumps that are associated with Superdrol and sometimes Phera plex. I'm not sure how the pumps are with TRN and Zol, but if they happen and are hard to tolerate this is the way to go.

Potassium - Same as taurine. You can either buy potassium capsules or do what most people do and just eat a couple bananas.

There you go. There's some info to get you started. Now here's some links for you to start your research. But don't stop there. Read, read and read some more. It's your body and you only get one.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=649170
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=507839
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=421709
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=519245&highlight=superdrol+phera+plex
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=572642
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=485433&highlight=writeup
http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-superdrol.asp

There's a couple SD and PP links in there. I know you're not using those compounds, but a lot of the info is the same for most of these compounds. There's a prostanozol (mega zol) write up in there, a PCT write up and a bunch of other goodies. Enjoy and research until you're a guru.