Cabergoline

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
Can someone tell me if .5mg of cabergoline every 4th day would be enough if signs of gyno started to arise from a mega-trn cycle? I did a search but info on it is kinda limited.

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Can someone tell me if .5mg of cabergoline every 4th day would be enough if signs of gyno started to arise from a mega-trn cycle? I did a search but info on it is kinda limited.
Dosing is usually twice a week so 3-4 days is about right.

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
it says 500mcg/ml. should i run 1ml every 4th day?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I don't have any experience with cabergoline, but I thought this was primarily used to prevent "deca ****"?

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
well im planning a cycle with mega-trn in it and grunt stated that cabergoline would be optimal. Ive researched it some and it seems the cabergoline would definately do the trick in a trn cycle if any symptoms arise.

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't have any experience with cabergoline, but I thought this was primarily used to prevent "deca ****"?
Gabergoline is classified as an dopimine agonist,it binds to dopamine receptors and acts as dopamine,dopamine is the primary supresser of prolactin,the stuff that makes women and sometimes men lactate,trenbolone supposedly can cuse an increase in prolactin,prolactin can also cause growth of the mammary glands.So prolactin=evil

Burner

Awards
Gyno is ultimately a problem with estrogen. Cabergoline may help with the symptoms of prolactin induced gyno, but its not helping the cause of it.

Burner

Awards
From the clown himself

You do know that there has neve been a case of gyno that was directly caused by prolactin so why SHOULD he believe you? All the research on the subject indicates that prolactin can aggravate an already exsisting condition and that prolactin itself cannot cause gyno. Prolactin can be responsible for lactation but gyno is not caused by prolactin, ut is caused by estrogen. Prolactin and progesteron can aggravate this condition even though estrogen levels are low.

"Increased circulating levels of progesterone and prolactin alone do not explain the development of gynaecomastia in patients with liver disease, but progesterone may be an additional factor acting in association with the known disturbances of other sex steroids. (1)

(1) Gut. 1982 Apr;23(4):276-9.

Progesterone, prolactin, and gynaecomastia in men with liver disease.

Farthing MJ, Green JR, Edwards CR, Dawson AM.

Prolactin secretion in the human male is increased by endogenous oestrogens and decreased by exogenous/endogenous androgens.

Gooren LJ, van der Veen EA, van Kessel H, Harmsen-Louman W, Wiegel AR.

There is evidence that prolactin may be involved in testicular steroidogenesis, and we have therefore investigated whether there is feedback regulation of androgens/oestrogens on prolactin secretion in the human male. To assess this we have measured basal and TRH-stimulated prolactin levels in: Six eugonadal men before and after 2 weeks' administration of the aromatase inhibitor delta'-testolactone, which led to a fall in oestradiol levels with unchanged levels of testosterone. In these patients, prolactin levels decreased. Six eugonadal subjects before and after 6 weeks' administration of dihydrotestosterone undecanoate. In these subjects, prolactin levels decreased. Six agonadal subjects, tested after 12 weeks' treatment with dihydrotestosterone undecanoate and compared to: Six agonadal subjects who received no sex steroid treatment. Again, it was found that dihydrotestosterone treatment decreased prolactin levels in patients from Group C. Six eugonadal subjects were also studied before and after 6 weeks' administration of the androgen receptor antagonist, spironolactone, and this treatment increased Prl secretion. It is concluded that in the human male, endogenous oestrogens increase prolactin secretion whilst exogenous/endogenous androgens decrease prolactin secretion.

So even if you reduce the lactation with Bromo you won't eleviate the cause. Tamoxifen is still your best bet at reducing gyno. Bromo will only reduce the the after effects.

Management of physiological gynaecomastia with tamoxifen.

Khan HN, Rampaul R, Blamey RW.

Professorial Unit of Surgery, Department of Surgery, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK. [email protected]

AIMS: We aimed to confirm suggestions that tamoxifen therapy alone may resolve physiological gynaecomastia. METHODS: A prospective audit of the outcome of tamoxifen routinely given to men with physiological gynaecomastia was carried out at Nottingham. Men referred with gynaecomastia had clinical signs recorded, e.g., type (diffuse 'fatty' or retro-areolar 'lump'), size and possible aetiology. They were offered oral tamoxifen 20mg once daily for 6-12 weeks. On follow-up patients were assessed for complete resolution (CR), partial resolution where patient is satisfied with outcome (PR) or no resolution (NR). Success was either CR or PR. RESULTS: Thirty-six men accepted tamoxifen for physiological gynaecomastia. Median age was 31 (range 18-64). Tenderness was present in 25 (71%) cases. Sixteen men (45%) had 'fatty' gynaecomastia and 20 had 'lump' gynaecomastia. Tamoxifen resolved the mass in 30 patients (83.3%; CR=22, PR=8) and tenderness in 21 cases (84%; CR=0, PR=0). Lump gynaecomastia was more responsive to tamoxifen than the fatty type (100% vs. 62.5%; P=0.0041). CONCLUSIONS: Oral tamoxifen is an effective treatment for physiological gynaecomastia, especially for the lump type.

Publication Types:
Clinical Trial

SOURCE: Breast. 2004 Feb; 13(1): 61-5
INTERNATIONAL STANDARD SERIAL NUMBER: 0960-9776 Scotland

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes i agree prolactin does not cause common gyno with is a hard lump,but prolactin can cause a form of puesdo-gyno which is growth of mammary tissue and lactation,i know this because i take an anti-dopinergic,and have a growth in my mammary glands,it resembles fat but is actually tissue.