PCT idea.. What do you vets think about it.. small dosages of var pct

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Okay after a little more research into the idea it seems pretty feasible but I am trying to get your opinions on it.

On a test. prop + var cycle it would seem smart to continue the var, at low dosages, for a week or two following the last injection of test. I say this because, although it is debateable, anavar seems to have a very small effect on the body's HPTA on its own. People see very small problems with this when taking var on its own until anywhere from the 3rd-5th week. I feel this is more due to the higher dosages more so than var being harsh on the hpta, any anabolic at high enough dosages will eventually begin to supress you. However, if you were to take 10-20mg (prolly more around 10) of var everyday for a week or two PCT, it would definitely help to keep you anabolic. Studies have shown var to increase protein synthesis in the muscle by as much as 44% on a 40-60 (cant remember) mg dosage. What do you guys think of it? Maybe its been tried before.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It will suppress natural testosterone production. If one wanted to take it a week or 2 after finishing the prop. then fine. But, that shouldn't be considered PCT.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yeah but the level of suppression that it would cause should be minimal enough that it would have a positive effect during pct due to the increased anabolism. I dont see 10-20mg of var affecting test production all that much when it is being taken along next to fenugreek/trib, nolva, zma, and eventually rebound. Curious to see what some others think.

hrtguy

Board Sponsor
Awards
There are other factors to consider that actually make this a worthwhile idea.

ATD (and some analogs) can cause the body to overproduce testosterone even while on a low dose of AAS (particularly oxandrolone). When you consider this with the fact that ATD is also an anti-estrogen, this prepares the body for full PCT as estrogen clearing is important in stimulating HPTA function.

I have found an overlap of 1 to 2 weeks to work very well actually, however I usually make sure I have a full 4 weeks of PCT without any AAS in the system.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
There are other factors to consider that actually make this a worthwhile idea.

ATD (and some analogs) can cause the body to overproduce testosterone even while on a low dose of AAS (particularly oxandrolone). When you consider this with the fact that ATD is also an anti-estrogen, this prepares the body for full PCT as estrogen clearing is important in stimulating HPTA function.

I have found an overlap of 1 to 2 weeks to work very well actually, however I usually make sure I have a full 4 weeks of PCT without any AAS in the system.
Very interesting. Are you saying that var can increase production of ATD?

Also can you explain your last paragraph? It seems that you have tried something like this in the past and if you could elaborate on what you meant in that last paragraph it would be helpful.

hrtguy

Board Sponsor
Awards
No, Oxandrolone (Anavar) in no way increases HPTA function.

ATD is a site specific anti-androgen. Rebound XT from Designer supps and PCT by Anabolic Xtreme are two ATD based products. (PCT is actually Methyl-ATD).

These products were designed to increase the bodies natural testosterone production and are the most effective compounds that we know of so far. (More effective than anti-estrogens, tribulus etc.)

Oxandrolone is only slightly suppressive such that combining it with one of the ATD products above allows for initial HPTA recovery while maintaining an anabolic state. Methyl-ATD is actually better for this purpose but this is a biased opinion so take it for what it is.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
No, Oxandrolone (Anavar) in no way increases HPTA function.

ATD is a site specific anti-androgen. Rebound XT from Designer supps and PCT by Anabolic Xtreme are two ATD based products. (PCT is actually Methyl-ATD).

These products were designed to increase the bodies natural testosterone production and are the most effective compounds that we know of so far. (More effective than anti-estrogens, tribulus etc.)

Oxandrolone is only slightly suppressive such that combining it with one of the ATD products above allows for initial HPTA recovery while maintaining an anabolic state. Methyl-ATD is actually better for this purpose but this is a biased opinion so take it for what it is.

Gotcha. Yeah I remember rebound being a methylated version of atd. What dosage you think would be best? 10 or 20mg? I am thinking 20 might be a little too high but then again i will be running it for only a week so it should help quite a bit.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Lake,
My interpretation of what HRT said is essentially what I said. It would be fine to take 10-20 mg of Anavar (with an ATD variant apparently) but then do 4 weeks of pure PCT with no Anavar (or anyother anabolics for that matter).