PCT after a cut cycle??

INWORK

Awards
New member to the boards but have been reading here for some time. A lot of info! The reason I joined is because I cannot find the answer to my question and I am sure you guys can help. I do actually enjoy trying to find answers on my own first.

Stats;

Male
5'10"
190 around 17% bf
2 1/2 yrs training
Arms 15 1/2
Chest 46 1/2
Waist 36
Around navel 38
Upper legs 23
Lower legs 14 3/4

I am nowhere near where I should be, but at the same time came a long way the last nine months. I wasted a lot of time with "writing off" how important a good diet really is!

Ok, on to my question. I am on week four of a seven week cycle;
WK1 SD 20 / MOHN 20
WK2 SD 20 / MOHN 24
WK3 SD 20 / MOHN 28
WK4 MOHN 28 (last day on wk4)
WK5 MOHN 32 (starting here tomorrow)
WK6 MOHN 36
WK7 MOHN 36

This is a cut cycle. Trying to keep all hard earned muscle while losing fat. I have been on a 2100 calorie a day diet. 40/40/20 ratio (or as close as I could get to). I have lost 1.4(wk1), 1.4(wk2), 1.4(wk3) and wk4 ends on Monday. I am sure I will hit at least 1.4 again. I am happy so far with my FAT loss. And my strength has been going thru the roof. Now that is fun, watching the scale go down and the weights in the gym go up!!!

Supporting supps;
FISH OIL 6 GRAMS
HAWTHORNE BERRY 1000MG
MILK THISTLE 1000MG
RYR 1200MG
COQ10 60MG
TAURINE 2000MG
SAW PALMETTO 1000MG
MULTI 2 PER DAY

Planned PCT;
WK1 NOLVA 3.0 / RXT 75 / RETAIN 150
WK2 NOLVA 2.5 / RXT 75 / RETAIN 100
WK3 NOLVA 1.5 / RXT 50 / RETAIN 100
WK4 NOLVA 1.5 / RXT 25 / RETAIN 100
GREEN BULGE CEE...
and continue with my supporting supps

Finally my question. Do I continue with my cut through my PCT? I know on a bulk cycle that would be a BIG no - no, but since I wasn't necessarily adding muscle and just trying to retain muscle would it be ok? Or do I raise my calories up to maintenance and start cutting again after PCT? I really do not want to up the calories just to lower them in a month again. I could really use some help with this. I did a ton of searches and read a lot about pct's, but I could not find where this was covered. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread. Sorry it was so long, just trying to make sure I had everything covered.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
If you have done your research you will know the answer to this question.

Why is it a big no no to cut during PCT?

answer correctly and we can discuss your situation.

can't answer it you get the:gotsearchsmiley

INWORK

Awards
Fair enough.

One doesn't cut during PCT (i am referring to a bulk cycle) to solidify ones gains. When ones body adds 5, 10, 15 etc. pounds during cycle, one must keep the calories up to maintain their new muscle weight. If one cuts after a bulk cycle, the body will take advantage of this situation to dump the new muscle...since that would be easier to dump than the fat, or at least more logical to the body.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Only partially correct. PCT's main purpose isn't maintaining body weight but restoration of hormone balance. Maintaining gains is a result of hormone control and energy balance.

Let's see if we can get you headed in the right direction. Think Hormone balance. It is never a good idea to cut during PCT, bulk or cutting cycle. You have just been putting exogenous hormones into your body which suppresses endogenous production. The purpose of PCT is to aid/assist in returning the balance. Until this balance has been reached your body is under a great deal of stress; adding a calorie deficit on top of that would be inappropriate.

INWORK

Awards
Thanks for your help johnny21. Back to maintenance calories for me after cycle. You are right, I suppose I really did know the answer. I guess I was hoping SOMEHOW I was wrong...

It seems I may have started my cycle about a month too early. But hey, it won't be my first fat summer:eek:

One more for you if you have the time...

Ramp up or down the RXT? I have read both sides and it seems to be more of a personal decision than a scientific one. I like the way I have it listed (ramping down). I believe everything else I've listed is in line.

Thanks again for your time...

BTW - 36yrs old...forgot to put that in with all of my data in case someone needs to know.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established