toremifene

MGH1982

Awards
Thanks to IBE we will all have Toremifene for are PCT and gyno reducing.

But the question that comes to my mind is that what would be proper doses for a 4 week PCT on Toremifene and how would you dose Toremifene to get rid or reduce gyno?

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
i'd like to see more info on this subject as well. *subscribed*

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I've read that some doctors will prescribe 6-12 weeks of nolva at 20-30mg to abrogate gyno. Since we know that nolva isn't the safest thing in the world to run that long, it seems toremifene will be a useful substitution. Looking forward to giving it a shot.
I have also read of 60mg/d as a starting dose. I suppose it would work as well at that dose to atrophy gyno.

Awards
i was reading through btpb and saw that does not hinder glucose storage and gh release like other serms ,also on the plus side fareston has positive effect on cholesterol. But it hinders LH/FSH production

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
anyone have a link with good info on this stuff? It sounds interesting.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
But it hinders LH/FSH production
I have the book but can't remember where it is. Is it an actual study or a theory of ALR? I'll spend alittle bit of time searching and trying to find a study on pubmed. If anyone has any studies about this lowering LH/FSH I would like to see this, but Dr.D has used it and said it brought him back faster than anything.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As posted by Max-rot98

Endocrine mechanism of action of toremifene at the level of the central nervous system in advanced breast cancer patients.

Szamel I, Hindy I, Budai B, Kangas L, Hajba A, Lammintausta R.

Clinical Research Department, National Institute of Oncology, Budapest, Hungary.

PURPOSE: To differentiate the antagonistic and agonistic effect of toremifene at the level of the hypothalamus-hypophysis axis a leutinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) test was performed during a phase II clinical trial. METHODS: In 15 postmenopausal patients with advanced breast cancer, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and LH release--induced by an LHRH agonist (Suprefact injection, 0.5 mg s.c.)--was monitored during a 16-week period of toremifene treatment (60 mg/day p.o.). Prolactin, estradiol, and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) levels were also measured. The functional test was carried out prior to toremifene therapy and then 4, 8, 12, and 16 weeks afterward. RESULTS: The drug sensitized the pituitary to the action of the gonadotrophins; the LHRH-induced FSH and LH release showed a considerably increasing tendency during the toremifene therapy. Estradiol levels decreased statistically significantly and SHBG levels showed a statistically significant increase. A decreased level of prolactin is the sign of an antiestrogenic effect of toremifene on the hypophysis and, as a result, provides evidence for a direct influence of toremifene upon the pituitary. An increase in LH and prolactin release in response to the LHRH test was characteristic in the responders. CONCLUSION: According to the LHRH test, the antagonistic effect of toremifene seems to be more dominant than the concomitantly existing agonistic property. Neither clinical nor endocrinological side effects could be observed at the level of the CNS during a prolonged period of toremifene administration.

PMID: 9685060 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i was reading through btpb and saw that does not hinder glucose storage and gh release like other serms ,also on the plus side fareston has positive effect on cholesterol. But it hinders LH/FSH production
where did you see this? Not saying you are wrong but I have never seen a study come to that conclusion.

Awards
read it out of building the perfect beast by author l rea
page 68.

also found this:
Potential New Antiestrogens for the Treatment of Breast Cancer

Sally A. Felton, PharmD

Sally A. Felton is Oncology Specialty Practice Resident, University of Maryland Cancer Center, Baltimore.

Toremifene exhibits weak estrogenic effects, resulting in a slight decrease in levels of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and an increase in sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG).23,24

http://www.meniscus.com/web/publications/hl/Art3_152.html#f1

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
That's one of the threads I was looking for. Can't wait to implement this.

Awards
i guess the spontaneous ejaculation is from prolactin inhibition

stinkfinger

Awards
Would it be good for fighting pre existing Gyno or would Rax be better?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
how good is tor at reducing prolactin?