PCT: terrible sleep

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Well I started my dreaded pct from my 7 month cycle last week. I have been sleeping absolutely horrible lately, I had not really been having any problems until I came off. I always wake up 4 hours after I finally make it to sleep WIDE awake, if I go to bed at midnight I am up at 4am just sitting there, and if I go to bed at 3-4am I am up at 7-8 full of energy, I get a protein shake and go back to bed because I know my body needs more sleep, I have no clue why I am so awake. Usually I can just sleep sleep and sleep on if I really want to, now its a chore to stay asleep. Also been taking 750mg Magnesium before bed and upped my Melatonin to 6mg...still not helping. I have been stressed lately, just stupid things, but its like when I wake up these things instantly pop into my mind and my brain starts going 200mph and I can get myself to calm back down. I dunno if its something I am taking that is making it that much worse, because I usually dont get too stressed out. Here is the timing/dosing of what I take throughout the day currently:

Morning:
Retain- 1 cap
Activate- 1 cap
DHEA- 200mg
USPLabs C2- 3 caps
Cissus- 2 grams

Lunch:
Retain- 1 cap
Activate- 1 cap

Late afternoon:
Retain 1 cap
Activate 1 cap
USPLabs C2- 2 caps (as preworkout booster or for work, work late at a bar)
Cissus-2 grams
Animal pack multi-vitamin

Before Bed:
Clomid- 150mg
ZMA- 3 caps
Vitamin B6- 200mg
Magnesium- 750mg
Melatonin- 3-6mg

I think that is everything I am currently taking, adding powerfull/igf/fenugreek/longjack next week. Really the only things on there I havent taken before is the Retain, C2, and clomid. Havent taken activate before either, but supposedly it helps sleep. I dont know if it is one of those that is screwing up my sleep patterns, but this is starting to drive me nuts. The other night I went to sleep at 12:30am and was up at exactly 4am, laid there until 7am when I had to get up for class, had a good workout that day too which is quite weird....I never use any stimulants like the C2, and I am assuming Retain is somewhat of a stim since it increases T3, but I think I may be extremely sensitive to stims.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get this under control? Im gonna not take the C2 tomorrow and see how things go...

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Hell, I slept better on high doses of tren, also felt better too...hmmmm:D

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dude its so wierd that you posted this because you described my exact problem as well. I have no idea why its happening to me. But just like you said 3-4 hours then wide awake and can;t stop thinking. I'm currently taking 20 mg SD 125mg Prostan, 4 caps Novedex XT, Liver X, Cranberry pills, 3 mg of melatonin (started last night), A multi-vitamin, ...... the melatonin def. helped me sleep harder , but not longer....any similarities to you?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed that the first few nights on retain when i used it that i didnt sleep for ****. It sucked!!

That may be the problem if ur sensitive but im not to sure.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
kjkriston- yes that is exactly how I feel, my mind is just in warp speed as soon as I wake up and tend to think of things that piss me off and I can not stop thinking about them. Im usually never like this or have this problem. I really dont see any significant correlation between what we are taking. I dont know what it could be. Are you stressed about anything? We could just be stressed and something is pushing it over the edge that we are taking...

3clipseGT- It very well could be the retain, I have never tried it before. I never take stims b/c I am always worried they will screw up my sleep. Might just have to wait it out a few days.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am not stressed about anything actually. Now that I have been reading around some more...my sleep issues may be related to the SD. The melatonin is really helping me sleep deeper. I still wake up prematurely but the mind racing thing is gone. Maybe you should give it a try. 1 3mg tab 10 min before bed and I'm good.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
might go with some Gaba and/or 5-HTP--bulk powder is cheap at CNW. Valerian root is a good relaxer as is kava kava. A brand-name item called Calms Forte is also effective. Hopefully some of these natural things might help.

lask

Awards
Dude its so wierd that you posted this because you described my exact problem as well. I have no idea why its happening to me. But just like you said 3-4 hours then wide awake and can;t stop thinking. I'm currently taking 20 mg SD 125mg Prostan, 4 caps Novedex XT, Liver X, Cranberry pills, 3 mg of melatonin (started last night), A multi-vitamin, ...... the melatonin def. helped me sleep harder , but not longer....any similarities to you?
I prefer the time released melatonin over standard quite a bit. I was waking up after several hours with standard melatonin, but on the time release version it was much less of a problem.

magic8ball

Awards
might go with some Gaba and/or 5-HTP--bulk powder is cheap at CNW. Valerian root is a good relaxer as is kava kava. A brand-name item called Calms Forte is also effective. Hopefully some of these natural things might help.
I agree, good post milwood.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I will most def try the time release....I finally got the ambien i was hoping for but i got the same effect...real deep initial sleep....but i still wake up bout 5 hours into it...better than the melotonin but not perfect either.....at 10 mg i thought id be good......im going for 15 mg tonite...ill post tommorrow