PCT Products & High Blood Pressure

Viator

Awards
Well I had to cut what was probably the best cycle I've ever done short due to extremely high BP 160/100. I already talked to a doc, he put me on a mild diuretic and told me to go on a low carb diet for a week and see if it comes down.

I also quit smoking and adderall, so I have absolutely no energy. I was wondering if anyone knew if Nolvadex, Retain, and Rebound XT could be contributing to the high BP. I'm mostly curious about the ADT in Rebound, as I've been on it for a few weeks. I just started the Nolva @ 10mg/day and Retain @ 3 caps/day. My heart rate/pulse/rhythem is fine. I've run longer cycles of harsher compounds w/o this problem before. I was running transdermal Tne 300mg/day, w/ E-Max at only 2 tabs/day which is 20mg I think.

Sure I want to keep my gains, but not at the expense of my life. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, -V

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Not that I know of.. but the contribution from the smoking and cycle would have had your BP elevated...
Hang in there with the quiting smoking.. I know how tough it can be

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll give the patch 2 thumbs up. Really helped me kick it for good. Haven't smoked in 2 years next week. Best of luck with it Viator. Thats alot of Test :)

w00kie

Awards
make sure you get that diet in check also. eating better helped lower mine.

KD1

Awards
  • Established
I was on PCT the last time I had mine measured and it was normal, 120/84.

Viator

Awards
More Drama...

It's getting worse, so I started clonidine until I can get in to see a specalist in two weeks. It's bad enough I have narcolepsy and have to be on meds for the rest of my life (BTW, I had to stop those meds too). This is nuts. I just had my boss file disability paperwork for me; because of my b.p. I can't take my narcolepsy meds, caffeine, or any stims (not even nicotine patches)

I think where I went wrong was "guestamating" the test dosages: 330mg/day transdermal I figured would be about 100mg/day given 30% absorption. I guess I got a lot more than that as I used a new carrier, Avant's matrix-ABS (and this is proff that there is no such thing as a "localized carrier" that avoids systemic circulation. Well at least I know it gets much more than 30% across.

Talk about a costly cycle... now I'm out of work, out of the gym and sleeping 18 hrs/day. As crazy as this sounds, I still want to use something for PCT because I feel like if all this damage I did to myself was for nothing then I'll really be pissed.

Damn, look at the syntax in the above paragraph... now I'm regressing to bb.com level posts. It hard two beleev I are a righter.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I quit smoking with clonidine alone. Good stuff. Wellbutrin has become popular for this, but it never helped me not want to smoke (maybe the opposite). I suggest a MAOI for you if you can't use Adderall anymore. It controls BP and helps with narc too. Marplan maybe. Of course, you will have to clean up your diet if it's dirty.

Viator

Awards
I quit smoking with clonidine alone. Good stuff. Of course, you will have to clean up your diet if it's dirty.
Dr. D, how did you use Clonidine if you don't mind me asking. I remember in an opiate detox they gave it to us 4 x/day but that seems excessive. 0.3mg is enough to knock me out hard, so I've been taking .15 in the afternoon and .3 about 6 hrs later before bed.

I had to seriously clean up my diet and reduce portions... I forgot what an appetite stimulant test is. For a while there I had the super fat-asses at the Chinese buffet staring at me. that along w/ quitting smoking and stims has proven to be quite a pain in the ass.

While my doc said the obligitory: "stop taking ALL supplements" I was wondering about C.E.E., as it doesn't cause the regular bloat/water retention of creatine. I was also very impressed w/ ALRI's N'Gorge so I was considering picking up some Glutamine E.E. That plus the clonidine should produce a nice GH spike at night.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr. D, how did you use Clonidine if you don't mind me asking. I remember in an opiate detox they gave it to us 4 x/day but that seems excessive. 0.3mg is enough to knock me out hard, so I've been taking .15 in the afternoon and .3 about 6 hrs later before bed.

I had to seriously clean up my diet and reduce portions... I forgot what an appetite stimulant test is. For a while there I had the super fat-asses at the Chinese buffet staring at me. that along w/ quitting smoking and stims has proven to be quite a pain in the ass.

While my doc said the obligitory: "stop taking ALL supplements" I was wondering about C.E.E., as it doesn't cause the regular bloat/water retention of creatine. I was also very impressed w/ ALRI's N'Gorge so I was considering picking up some Glutamine E.E. That plus the clonidine should produce a nice GH spike at night.
Yeah, the GH spike is sweet with clonidine and L/O/A, glutamine or a BCAA combo. CEE should be OK for you too, just be aware if bloat starts to develop. I started my clonidine at 0.1mg/d and ramped it up over two wks spread out 1-3x/day. It is quite sedative initially, but I was doing 0.9mg by the end of my second week, all in the morning as 1 dose too, with no sedation. Just start low and take it at night only to begin. More that 2x/d is really not needed either IMO.