Difference btw liquid nolva and tabs

itr1416

Awards
Is there any difference between using a liquid form of tamoxifen citrate (nolva) or the tablets?

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No, although you get to enjoy the liquid's taste a bit more.. :D

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I thought dosing was differant. I thought it was 60liquid=40tabs or the sort. Not positive but I think the tabs are more potent?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It depends on your source.
If it is a reputable ancillary company, they will make their Tamoxifen Citrate at 30.5mg/ml, which is the same dosage as a Nolva tab. It makes it have 20mg Tamoxifen. Some companies play off people's stupidity and dose at 20mg/ml Tamoxifen Citrate, despite knowing that the average user expects it to be 20mg/ml Tamoxifen, which is delivered as 30.5mg Tamoxifen Citrate.

And Pioneer, if you see ANYWHERE that has a tamoxifen without a citrate, you have seen an oddity, since even Nolva tabs have tamoxifen citrate.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/tamox.htm
Scroll down to "description" at lower half of page.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
If it is a reputable ancillary company, they will make their Tamoxifen Citrate at 30.5mg/ml, which is the same dosage as a Nolva tab. It makes it have 20mg Tamoxifen. Some companies play off people's stupidity and dose at 20mg/ml Tamoxifen Citrate, despite knowing that the average user expects it to be 20mg/ml Tamoxifen, which is delivered as 30.5mg Tamoxifen Citrate.

And Pioneer, if you see ANYWHERE that has a tamoxifen without a citrate, you have seen an oddity, since even Nolva tabs have tamoxifen citrate.

ahh i was wrong

itr1416

Awards

Thanks for the link, very informative and you pretty much answered what I was looking for. To make sure I have it correct this is what I am gathering: Liquid nolva @ 30mg/ml would equal 1 20mg tablet of nolva, where as 20mg/ml of a liquid nolva would be a lesser dose than that of 1 nolva tablet of 20mg?
If that is the case I am glad I asked as I was thinking it was that 20mg of liquid would equal the 20mg tablets.
Thanks!!!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the link, very informative and you pretty much answered what I was looking for. To make sure I have it correct this is what I am gathering: Liquid nolva @ 30mg/ml would equal 1 20mg tablet of nolva, where as 20mg/ml of a liquid nolva would be a lesser dose than that of 1 nolva tablet of 20mg?
If that is the case I am glad I asked as I was thinking it was that 20mg of liquid would equal the 20mg tablets.
Thanks!!!
Sort of. What he was getting at was that the weight of the citrate is about one third of the volume of tamoxifen citrate. In tablets this is accounted for, so in a 20 mg tab you get 30.5mg of tamoxifen citrate which is 20mg of tamoxifen and 10.5 of citrate. Some liquids are mixed at 20mgs of tamoxifen citrate per ml though, so that's more like 13mgs of tamoxifen and 7 mgs of citrate because the weight of the citrate is included in the dose.

So, if you've got such a liquid version and want a 20mg dose, you take a 30mg dose from the fluid, which would be roughly 20mgs of tamoxifen and 10mgs of citrate. The key is whether or not the weight of the citrate was included in the dose or not. In tabs it's basically standard that it isn't. Not so in liquid research chemicals. Some do account for the citrate, some don't. You basically have to find out from the source to get correct dosing.

itr1416

Awards
Sort of. What he was getting at was that the weight of the citrate is about one third of the volume of tamoxifen citrate. In tablets this is accounted for, so in a 20 mg tab you get 30.5mg of tamoxifen citrate which is 20mg of tamoxifen and 10.5 of citrate. Some liquids are mixed at 20mgs of tamoxifen citrate per ml though, so that's more like 13mgs of tamoxifen and 7 mgs of citrate because the weight of the citrate is included in the dose.

So, if you've got such a liquid version and want a 20mg dose, you take a 30mg dose from the fluid, which would be roughly 20mgs of tamoxifen and 10mgs of citrate. The key is whether or not the weight of the citrate was included in the dose or not. In tabs it's basically standard that it isn't. Not so in liquid research chemicals. Some do account for the citrate, some don't. You basically have to find out from the source to get correct dosing.
OK, I see. I will contact the source then to get clarification. Thanks for further clearing that up.

AndroAnarchy

Banned
Awards
so if it says "not for human use, harmful if ingested" can you still use it?