IGF-1 and PCT

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
It seems that most members vouch for IGF-1 as an excellent addition to PCT, allowing for continued improvements through PCT. I was just thinking that since IGF-1 has healing properties, it might serve the additional benefit of helping the liver to recover from harsh methyls.

Thoughts...????? :think:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It seems that most members vouch for IGF-1 as an excellent addition to PCT, allowing for continued improvements through PCT. I was just thinking that since IGF-1 has healing properties, it might serve the additional benefit of helping the liver to recover from harsh methyls.

Thoughts...????? :think:
Thats a good idea Beo but wouldnt it only be for muscle tissue? They dont consider liver muscle tissue per say do they? That is a good question. Ive actually been looking into this for my PCT but have been leaning more towards Hexatropin as i dont wanna pin since i dont wanna get site mediated growth and havnt actually pinned yet. Unless im missing something and IGF-1 does have an oral version.

Anyways back to the topic. I think its a great question.. Anyone?? :study:

Ikaika

Ikaika

Awards
Oratropin is oral IGF-1...check it out :D

I imagine that it would have a positive effect on the liver, since cell turnover rates are very rapid(similar to your intestines). I'm not sure about IGF-1 receptor density in liver tissue though; that would really be the factor to be concerned with.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've used this in PCt but I'm thinking now days it might be better to run during a cycle.
I've read that Nolva has some negative effect on IGF-1. I think I read this in BTPB(alr's book). Don't take my word for though

I'm wondering if it might be better to
run IGf-1 along with harsh methls during a cycle rather than waiting till after or run with low dose Thyroid so you can better metabolize all the protein your consuming when on IGF1.
We might be mising out on a lot of synergy between Thyroid/Insulin/AAS/ and IGF-1 by just using in PCT.

I'm just thinking out loud here after reading some of what ALR has to say about this in BTPB

Here is an idea
6 week cycle
Wks 1-2: 1-test/4-ad trans
Wks 3-6: SD, 1-test/4-ad
Wk5-8 IGF-1(gos into pct)
Wk7 starts pct

So you have some overlap.
I wonder what somebody's lipids would look like running Sd with IGF-1 compared to SD alone

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I think IGF-1 is an ideal PCT addition. I missed it this time around, but definitely believe it is perfect for post-cycle use.

Ikaika

Ikaika

Awards
I was actually considering something(fairly) similar...but just a 6 week Pheraplex cycle with weeks 5-6 on IGF, then two more weeks of it into PCT. But its so damn expensive :(

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I used IGF for 4 weeks, 2 on cycle and 2 off during PCT. On cycle it made pumps almost unbearable. I gained an enormous amount of water weight because it was a wet cycle..M1,4 AD/4AD/ OHT. It seemed to make PCT go well..testes were full size, but acne was absolutely atrocious. After IGF ran out the standard Nolva/Fenu/DHEA PCT did not go very well and I lost nearly all of the 20 pounds gained.

Whether that's because of the M1,4 AD/4Ad..aka test/Dbol or the IGF I don't know but I did retain some additonal definition that I never had before.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I used IGF for 4 weeks, 2 on cycle and 2 off during PCT. On cycle it made pumps almost unbearable. I gained an enormous amount of water weight because it was a wet cycle..M1,4 AD/4AD/ OHT. It seemed to make PCT go well..testes were full size, but acne was absolutely atrocious. After IGF ran out the standard Nolva/Fenu/DHEA PCT did not go very well and I lost nearly all of the 20 pounds gained.

Whether that's because of the M1,4 AD/4Ad..aka test/Dbol or the IGF I don't know but I did retain some additonal definition that I never had before.
I would think most of your gains were from the M1,4 hence water. Maybe the acne was from hormones not IGF?

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Wow all 20 pounds that sucks. How ,much did you keep while on IGF the 2 weeks of pct? Was this oratropin or the injectable IGF?

The 4 weeks of Pct I ran has not been greatl(loss of libidio shrinkage just now coming back) I saved my IGF for later use.

Off topic a little bit
You mention oht in your cycle, I take this means 4oht ?
I bring that up because ALR was talking about Test-oh being used as an HCG/Clomid replacement to bring franks boys back before they started the serious chemistry(BTPB).
If the Test-oh didn't get it done then he would go to HCG/Clomid
There was another thread in here about Atd possibly being used for that. Any thoughts if that helped keep shrinkage or loss of libidio at bay on/after your cycle ?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It was injectible R3 IGF-1, pinned bilaterally at 20 mcgs per day post workout.

I blame it on just being a bad cycle..can't win them all. I think for some reason I had a huge cortisol rebound because I recomped from muscles to fat extremely quickly. Lost much of the wieght..a lot of which was water I realize..within 2 weeks. I was the incredible shrinking man, lol, sucked.

IGF can cause some strange acne. I'm sure it was a combo of both gear and Igf along with the usual outbreaks I get during PCT. I have chronic cyctic acne anyways..but that cycle made it worse than it's ever been. Took many months to get back to normal.

We've had lots of discussions on 4OHT and overall, most of us are skeptical that adding an androgen during PCT is wise. 4OHT does make me horny as hell and this is a common side for many. I was VERY suppressed by the end of my cycle so either 4OHT is not useful or just not strong enough to offset the suppression of 4AD/M1,4 ADD.

There was a bunch of talk from the "pro 4OHT during PCT" crowd that they would run it and post the bloodwork. So far, we've heard zip so I'm guessing it turned out to be suppressive(that was over a year ago). It's a great compound otherwise, wish I had a bucket of it.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dont wanna pin since i dont wanna get site mediated growth ...
That's minimal. The site growth is more that IGF seems to work strongly on the site (muscle group) worked that day. The pinned site growth is still argued to actually happen by many.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Good thread. I think the synergy between androgens and IGF-1 is a great thing, BUT I think a lot of that so-called synergy stems from the fact that while on androgens, you get to grow your new muscle cells by a lot.

If you use it in PCT, you don't get that effect. But next cycle you will... Of course, there's bound to be SOME effect of IGF-1 on the existing muscle cell wether on or off, so of course that part of the synergy is lost if you use it in PCT.

I say, bottom line, get rich and use 2mg on cycle, and 2mg in PCT. :D

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I'm not rich, and I'm doing that very thing Grunt. :D

for the post above, you "prime" your igf receptors when you train that specific muscle, thus adding fuel to the fire of the localized effect theory.

and why would you not want side mediated growth? I would think that's the very thing you'd want, opposed to systemic.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I thik with the oral delivery it'd be best to train very hard to insure you have plenty of sites for the IGF to bind to in order to reduce the amount of binding to non-skeletal muscle cells.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Now that I'm going on vacation, I'm going to have 5 kits of OT to play with, and I won't be starting it now.

I might end up running 37 Days at the beginning of the cycle, and 37 days as a bridge into PCT. That way I'll get the hyperplasia and the advantage of more rapidly filling out those new cells thanks to the androgens.

And since I'm running oral IGF, I'll be using a split of
Day 1 Horizontal Push/Pull
Day 2 Legs
Day 3 Rest
Day 4 Vertical Push/Pull

This will allow me to stimulate the greatest # of muscles, and therefore IGF receptors relative to each administration period.

Back to cutting for the beachbound holidays :D

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
W00t already? Dang mang, 'round here it's 6 more months before we even think of wearing t-shirts outside, never mind swimming trunks... Time to bulk, bulk, cut, bulk, cut, cut...

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Last minute trip to S.America for Xmas. After that I'll probably cut for another 4 weeks so that I don't have too much to do since my cycle PCT will probably run into May, which won't leave much time to cut for summer.

superset2

thats my gf...2/14/06..enjoy
Awards
in building the perfect beast book the author says "nolva decreases GH/IGF synthesis" so would nolva mixed with IGF for pct a bad idea???

now im confused :wtf:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Well, I think that would mean natural synthesis, your own production of GH/IGF. If you are injecting IGF, that IGF is synthesized in a lab, not in your body. So what you posted may actually support the use of IGF during PCT. A decrease in endogenous IGF and GH definitely sounds like it could contribute to the loss of gains that so many people experience during PCT. Instead of blunted levels, supplementing gives you super high levels at a time when they're needed most.