should pct success be backed up w/ bloodwork??

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
just a question i thought i'd throw out there and that is: should pct success be backed up w/ bloodwork concerning total test?? for me, i always take total test before (when test is way below normal) pct and then after completion of pct. i hear too many guys posting their pct strategies w/ various drugs and saying libido is up, gf is happy, boyz seem to be back in full swing, or strength is up. bottom line-what does this all really mean w/ no concrete evidence-total test level via blood test???

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, it depends how you look at it.
If they're happy and satisfied, YES it's good enough for them.
For others who want the scientific evidence, bloodwork is a must.
IMHO, to say that the PCT restored HPTA function, one must get bloodwork. If they don't, they can say they are happy with their PCT, but have nothing to back up its results.

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
I agree with N4cer...I look at my bloodwork as my PCT's insurance policy.

How would I know what to continue doing the way I do now and what to change if I never know for sure what recovered me the fastest and most adequately.

regards,
COTC

tattoopierced1

bloodwork is a must IMO...if anything, depending on how many cycles you do a year, everyone should get bloodwork done each year no matter what..that is just being watchful for your health....

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Just got bloodwork done 5 days ago for a Vasectomy coming up and everything is normal. I had done one 3 week SD cycle back in Aug and I'm glad I got bloodwork even if it was a little late. I've been with my wife for 7 years(married 5) but requested an HIV check anyway. It came back negative. Have you ever had that thought sit in the back of your head? After the results came back the thought disappeared. Get bloodwork done, especially you guys sticking your willys in strange places. I wouldn't want to be out dating anymore, things just seem different these days.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
Just got bloodwork done 5 days ago for a Vasectomy coming up and everything is normal. I had done one 3 week SD cycle back in Aug and I'm glad I got bloodwork even if it was a little late. I've been with my wife for 7 years(married 5) but requested an HIV check anyway. It came back negative. Have you ever had that thought sit in the back of your head? After the results came back the thought disappeared. Get bloodwork done, especially you guys sticking your willys in strange places. I wouldn't want to be out dating anymore, things just seem different these days.
the bloodwork in this thread pertains to post-cycle therapy after long aas cycle; not std's. what was your total test after sd cycle and free test if you got that checked?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
the bloodwork in this thread pertains to post-cycle therapy after long aas cycle; not std's. what was your total test after sd cycle and free test if you got that checked?
Sorry about going on an STD ramble. Haven't seen the results yet but the nurse says everything looked good. I'm pretty sure total and free test were checked. Lipids were normal. I'll post here when I get it.