ALT count of 550.

Garymac

Awards
Hi. Some advice please. Been training on and off for years with usual help of proteins and creatine bcaa's. Recently did a 4 week epistane cycle at 40, 40, 40, 40. Now my ALT count is 550. Could it of been the epistane?? I took the cycle shield OCT and am now 2 weeks in to PCT. my ALT COUNT IS now 490.
Please help. I have had an ultrasound on my liver and all looks good! Docs say it might be viral, but I'm concerned it could have been the epistane. Thanks to all in advance.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure the epistane could have stressed your liver, but that level is insane. what's your AST, etc?

Do whatever your doc tells ya, and make sure you explained everything you were taking...

TUDCA is a good liver antioxidant. NAC, too.

Garymac

Awards
I didn't find out my ast level, but I will now you have asked. Thanks.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah all methyl PH need mandatory TUDCA and NAC treatment to go during and after cycle into PCT. Will keep ALT and AST levels closer to norm 50-80. It's not unusual to see 300-500 ALT after a strong methyl PH and no liver support.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Even with liver support takes a few weeks to get it back to your baseline 25-45 for ALT. If you just started taking it might be a few months to clear. My urine darkens even on cycle, takes a week in PCT with good hydration to see it light yellow again.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Never do a methylated cycle without CEL Cycle assist and 500 mg-1 gram of Tudca taken throughout the entire cycle. I hope you were drinking at least 1 1/2 if not 2 gallons of water a day.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't find out my ast level, but I will now you have asked. Thanks.
Always get a complete printout of all bloodwork. Your 50 year old self will thank you someday.

Garymac

Awards
Ok thanks. Is tudca a brand or ingredient? Can you recommend a good one Please?
Thank you

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok thanks. Is tudca a brand or ingredient? Can you recommend a good one Please?
Thank you
Try Google, TUDCA is Bile acid basically. Pretty scary you are running methyl PH and no one advised you how to keep your liver clear? CEL or Nutricost or others sell TUDCA.

Garymac

Awards
I was running pure labs cycle support. Clearly that was not adequate. Anyone had experience of pure labs?

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never heard of them... check out CEL cycle assist or Olympus Labs ar1macare are both pretty comprehensive support. Note the ingredient profiles and add extra TUDCA to both.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was just thinking... Tylenol can raise ALT/AST.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was just thinking... Tylenol can raise ALT/AST.
Would take a lot of Tylenol to keep it in the 500 range. Now if he was taking that on top of his methylated cycle with no support then it could definitely contribute.

Garymac

Awards
Had 3rd blood test... now ALT is 350. Coming down. Only took epistane 20mg twice a day for 4 weeks. Alongside this I was using pure labs cycle assist.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just watched a pretty good video from Enhanced Athlete on Gamma GT levels as being a better marker for liver damage.

Apparently, ALT/AST enzymes are also in the muscle, brain, etc... So working out will pretty much always elevate those.

Listen here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQSlaWtc2DI&feature=em-subs_digest

Looks like I'll be telling my Kaiser doc to add Gamma GT to my monthly blood panels. In the end I may only run oral PH for another year or so, then move to all SARMs (Ostarine and LGD really agree with me) and possibly go TRT entourage style. I've just been ducking the needle thus far, well with the blood work might as well anyway.

Also going to make sure doc adds TSH, thyroid because M1AD long cycle I did once messed that level up for a bit. Other PH may affect ones TSH levels and you not realize it for sometime.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
eh.... I just found this study. a little scary if you take a lot of tylenol....

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20060705/study-tylenol-liver-effect-stronger#1
5x the acceptable ALT levels would put it around 250 though, not 550. Also, the levels of that range did not occur in 75% of participants in the study. But yes if he was taking 4 grams of Tylenol a day like the study along with epi then it could definitely account for levels that high. Either way I am glad he’s getting it taken care of and levels are dropping.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tylenol will not put ALT levels into a 500 range unless you overdosed some or took over 2-3g daily for a while. AST is insignificant.

You took an oral steroid. AST/ALT are insignificant, these steroids produce damage and inflammation in your billiary system. Your ALT is just secondary, you should be FAR FAR FAR more concerned with your Alk Phos and most importantly your GGT which are your primaries driving up your secondaries.

Your concerns are ALL in the wrong places. You need to get your priorities straight and treat the actual problem.