Whats your take on PCT longer than 4 weeks?

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
The standard PCT length is four weeks consisting of Clomid or Nolva. I've read about some people having a new take on the PCT length, for example doing six weeks, with a lower dose at the end. Whats your thoughts on this and is there any science to back up that it would have added benefits?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The standard PCT length is four weeks consisting of Clomid or Nolva. I've read about some people having a new take on the PCT length, for example doing six weeks, with a lower dose at the end. Whats your thoughts on this and is there any science to back up that it would have added benefits?
I think it's cycle dependent. I came off of a 6 month AAS cycle that 6 weeks seemed like it was barely even enough. Ended up hopping back on Clomid for a couple more weeks and felt like it did the trick.

So my pct went 75/50/50/25/25/25...0/0/25/25

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I do 2 extra weeks at EOD dosing for everything. I've consulted 4 or 5 "old hands" on here about PCT, and every one of them has come back with 5 or 6 weeks with EOD dosing. It's an extra 7 doses - not much money, but a whole lotta peace of mind.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I do Clomid/Nolva PCT's and I always run slightly longer than four weeks and I always recommend a nice taper for the SERM. I like to run Nolva out past Clomid for the extra protection against E2 (breast tissue). I see far too many people jumping off of their SERM but at a very high dose, eg. 50/50/50/50. There is also plenty of research on the combined use of Nolva and Clomid for PCT. It may not be necessary for lighter/shorter cycles but I would certainly recommend it for longer/harsher AAS cycles.

My last PCT (12 wk cycle) was very sucessful and I felt great the entire time. It consisted of...

Clomid: 25/25/12.5
Nolva: 20/20/10/10/5/5 EOD
TD Formestane: 50 EOD/50 EOD/50 EOD (50mg ED for a few days then 50mg EOD for the remainder of the 3 weeks of Clomid)
Arimistane: 0/0/0/75/50/25/25 EOD

I just started a cycle the other day that will be 5.5 weeks of LGD/Dermacrine, bridged into 6-7 weeks of PMag and Trest. My PCT for that cycle will consist of...

Clomid: 25/25/25
Nolva: 20/20/10/10/5
TD Formestane: 50 EOD/50 EOD/50 EOD
Arimistane: 0/0/0/75/50/25/25 EOD

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I do Clomid/Nolva PCT's and I always run slightly longer than four weeks and I always recommend a nice taper for the SERM. I like to run Nolva out past Clomid for the extra protection against E2 (breast tissue).
This is *also* what the old hands told me - Clomid/Nolva, last week Nolva only.

NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
My last pct was extended to 6 weeks because I added aromasin to it and ran it 2 weeks past the serm to prevent rebound. Nolva 20/20/10/10 Aromasin 0/0/25/25/12.5/12.5

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think I ever did a 4 week PCT.. More like 6-8 weeks followed by another 4 weeks of natural test boosters.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do it until you feel good. Might take 6 weeks or longer. Or..it might take 4..it's user dependent and of course..the source you get it from needs to be reliable

2tonescrew

Awards
What do you gents recommend for a natty test booster? I currently have DAA caps, just not sure if that's the best out for a scenario like this.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
What do you gents recommend for a natty test booster? I currently have DAA caps, just not sure if that's the best out for a scenario like this.
You mean *after* 4-6 weeks of SERM/s?

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
I've always done 5-6 weeks. Tapering down to EOD then E3D

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like 300mg L-dopa BID in addition to Tropinol XP due to the potassium nitrate and coleus forskollin inclusion.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always did 6 week PCTs unless it was a really long cycle then I would do an 8 weeker. Why not run a longer PCT and increase your chances of recovering faster?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always did 6 week PCTs unless it was a really long cycle then I would do an 8 weeker. Why not run a longer PCT and increase your chances of recovering faster?
Lol kind of my thinking as well bro