PCT after standard cycle vs. PCT after blast/cruise

jmiyamoto

jmiyamoto

Awards
I'm assuming this is a rule of PCT:

"the more intense the cycle, the more intense the PCT"​

However, some people use blast/cruise regimes where during a blast they will be at 500+mg/week of testosterone and for months at a time during a cruise they will be at 100-250mg of testosterone.

So here's my question:

Assume you did the standard 12-week cycle, but instead of PCT followed this by a 3-month cruise by injecting natty or mostly-natty levels of testosterone. You need to get off your cruise for some reason. How long and intense would the PCT be after you got off your cruise? How does this compare to a normal 3-month cycle where your PCT would last about a month

(note: I don't necessarily plan to do this, I'm just curious about how PCT should be approached in this way.)

biggiesmallz

biggiesmallz

Awards
I'm not sure that there are varying degrees of recovery, I think after a certain point of exogenous hormonal use you're just shut down, and recovery would then depend to what extent you have maintained your functioning capacity throughout the cycle (so, if you pinned HCG throughout, for example, recovery would be easier because lydig cell sensitivity has been maintained properly, but if you did not, then you would have to address that issue as well which would mean recovery procedure would be longer and more extensive)

For what it's worth I know a guy that's been on for 7 years, at one point he took a break after a few years of being on, did standard PCT, and said he was fine, everything returned to normal function, he just lost his enhanced edge at the gym.... again tho this is just anecdotal evidence to the extent that he never got bloodwork to validate his hormonal levels post-recovery (old-school guy) but as far as general function goes he said he was g2g. I trust the validity of his statement, the only thing I don't know is without bloodwork to what extent test levels actually recovered after a few years of steroid use... he eventually did jump back on the sauce after that, but that was personal lifestyle decision, not due to some physical incapacity obtained from prior use. Hope that helps

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
So that would be roughly about a 6 month cycle. For me, I would probably blast hcg 3x/week for the first 2 weeks, run clomid for 2 months, along with a slew of natural test boosters. Would you be running HCG during this blast and cruise? There are literally TONS of protocols regarding coming off of extensively long cycles, many people have used with great success.

jmiyamoto

jmiyamoto

Awards
I'm not sure that there are varying degrees of recovery, I think after a certain point of exogenous hormonal use you're just shut down, and recovery would then depend to what extent you have maintained your functioning capacity throughout the cycle (so, if you pinned HCG throughout, for example, recovery would be easier because lydig cell sensitivity has been maintained properly, but if you did not, then you would have to address that issue as well which would mean recovery procedure would be longer and more extensive)
This was my thought too, but I've seen several people suggest that longer or more intense cycles = more intense recovery. It's really a point that needs clarification.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is a point where a pct can't be any more "intense"

For example 40mg of nolva is not much better than 20mg.

I blasted and cruised for 8 months with HCG 250mcg 2x a week.

My PCT was I think 10 weeks (maybe 8). A guy on another forum I post on did the same thing but this was after blasting and cruising for 2 years. Also have a friend who came off after 2 years with a long pct and was fine. Not saying everyone will be fine, but it is possible

Nolva
20/20/10mg for 8 weeks
Clomid
25mg for 10 weeks
DAA
3g for 6 weeks
Cortisol control (Reduce xt)
Week 3-7
ArA (X gels) starting 1 week pre pct

I also added in some maca,inhibit p, and trib for libido purposes about half way through.

biggiesmallz

biggiesmallz

Awards
DAA
3g for 6 weeks
Cortisol control (Reduce xt)
Week 3-7
DAA might be the only "test booster" that actually works, however, it is not needed and will be negligible in the presence of serms. Possibly even counter productive.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/237681-common-cures-treatments.html

Cortisol is secreted in response to a stressor, in order to help you cope with the stressor efficiently, whether that stressor is a balls-to-walls-set of 20-rep squats, or a looming deadline for an article that needs to be finished. The role of cortisol during these challenges is to boost you, not cripple you, whether the stressor is physical (e.g. exercise, injury, cold) or psychological (e.g. a complex or cognitively demanding challenge) in nature (or both).

Thanks to increasing cortisol levels during training, we can push way past our non-stressed comfort level, and maintain an adequate rate of exertion for a longer period of time than what would have been possible otherwise, without being overtly distracted by pain, hunger and fatigue. Cortisol improves muscle and glucose metabolism, increases pain tolerance, diminishes fatigue and strengthens motivation.

By the way, does this answer those of you who have asked me about my thoughts on pre-workout cortisol blockers? No? OK, then all I can say is good luck with those squats, buddy..
http://www.leangains.com/