PCT starts today...deload tips??

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
starting PCT today. i ran stano, 11x, and epi.

Pct is Nolva, erase, DAA and creatine(both already preloaded)

Plan on doing a deload for the next week, just have a few ?s--

-would it be better to just take the first few days of pct off from the gym?
-if i do decide to hit the weights, should i just stick more so to isolation, and hold off on compound lifts for the next week?

basically, im just asking whats the best way to hold gains, in addition to eating like a horse (ive never tried a deload before)

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
First few weeks of pct, cortisol sky rockets and ll do you more harm than good... Many I know don't even lift for first week of pct, then ease into it... I usually lift two or three times only for first two weeks and only do one compound lift during each session. The rest of my lifts are high rep with strictest form possible... After those first two weeks I reassess where I'm at and ll add a workout day in if i don't feel like crap...pct sucks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do you think you need to deload going into PCT? Have you been training >90% the entire cycle or doing more hypertrophy oriented work?

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
First few weeks of pct, cortisol sky rockets and ll do you more harm than good... Many I know don't even lift for first week of pct, then ease into it... I usually lift two or three times only for first two weeks and only do one compound lift during each session. The rest of my lifts are high rep with strictest form possible... After those first two weeks I reassess where I'm at and ll add a workout day in if i don't feel like crap...pct sucks
Thanks bro.
Have you tried both ?? 1)taking extra days off and 2)just lifting lighter for a week or two...and had more success with #1??

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
I usually lift lighter and less days first two weeks of pct and I seem to do all right... Everyone is different

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
I always kept training intensity the same.. best way to keep your gains is to use your gains imo.

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
I always kept training intensity the same.. best way to keep your gains is to use your gains imo.
I def agree that's the best way to keep strength....but for keeping muscle mass, i think deloading is a good idea.

whatever works for you though bro. everyone is different, ya know.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
I def agree that's the best way to keep strength....but for keeping muscle mass, i think deloading is a good idea.

whatever works for you though bro. everyone is different, ya know.

Yeah, what works for someone may be different for another, GL man.