Reps and sets

Red9

Red9

Awards
When cycling in steroids, why is it recommended to do heavier sets with fewer reps such as 5-8, opposed to a lighter 3 set with the normal 12-14 reps? Just curious

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When cycling in steroids, why is it recommended to do heavier sets with fewer reps such as 5-8, opposed to a lighter 3 set with the normal 12-14 reps? Just curious
It's not. Well not necessarily. Your rep and set count etc all depends on the individual, their goals, abilities, and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Red9

Red9

Awards
It's not. Well not necessarily. Your rep and set count etc all depends on the individual, their goals, abilities, and so forth.

Well I focus more on finishing a 3set 12-14rep strong, opposed to doing as much weight possible for only a few reps. My goal when I DO start my first cycle is to put on as much muscle mass in the 5 week cycle and 4 week pct as possible...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In basic statement generally the lower reps with higher weights is aimed at strength and volume is aimed for size. Though it isn't always that cut and dry because of course with strength comes more size as and and so forth. And of course everyone is different and one exact method isn't guaranteed to work well for everyone lol. Best of luck on your cycle brother.