Clomid and prolactin

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
So I been doing some research tell me what u guys think.

Clomid binds to receptors in the hpta. This can cause vision problems cuz the brain doesn't have a lot of room in the skull an the optic nerve is near there. It could also effect other parts of the brain. If it's putting stress on the optic nerve then it could put stress on the pituitary gland and increase prolactin. Pituitary tumors are also known for increasing prolactin. So clomid could do what a pituitary tumor does. Right or wrong?

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
This is based off of doctors findings and fertility research. The research has nothing to do with bodybuilding or athletes. Nonetheless if it can put stress on the optic nerve due to something swelling then it can put pressure on the whole pituitary gland. Tumors which are benign in the pituitary can increase prolactin. It doesn't make sense?

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
The good news is that if u don't get vision problems or headaches from clomid u should be g2g.

joeblow1

Awards
So I been doing some research tell me what u guys think.

Clomid binds to receptors in the hpta. This can cause vision problems cuz the brain doesn't have a lot of room in the skull an the optic nerve is near there. It could also effect other parts of the brain. If it's putting stress on the optic nerve then it could put stress on the pituitary gland and increase prolactin. Pituitary tumors are also known for increasing prolactin. So clomid could do what a pituitary tumor does. Right or wrong?
Ive always used clomid in pct and i dont have vision problems. I dont know of anyone who has either.

joeblow1

Awards
Then u haven't done much research Joe blow.
I HAVE THE RESEARCH THAT truly matters its called under the bar experience. You can read all the info you want but experience is worth a million books. Every person reacts differently to training, aas, diet etc. The only way to find out whats best for you is by trial and error. Reading is great for getting new ideas but youll never really learn until you put in time. Like I said from my experience with clomid I recover just fine and I have retained my vision. I also dont know anyone else who went blind from it. IM not saying it cant happen, I just havent seen it.

joeblow1

Awards
Then u haven't done much research Joe blow.
I looked it up and vision problems only occur in about 1.5% of clomid users. It also will susbside once use is discontinued. If your one of the unlucky few who fall into this category than try nolvadex.

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
I saw a study that showed 1.22x increased prolactin above baseline.

duke66

duke66

Awards
  • Established
Why don't both you guys cite your sources and compare notes.

joeblow1

Awards
I saw a study that showed 1.22x increased prolactin above baseline.
Women take it as a fertility drug. But there also not taking a hardcore aas cycle first. If you have prolactin issues just take some dostinex and youll be ok.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
neither of you should get too caught up in clomid/nolva research. Tons of different types has been done and if you want to find something showing or proving X i bet you could. please do not forget what these drugs were developed for.