DIM

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Question DIM

Anyone have any good knowledge and/or advice on DIM??
    I've recently started taking 150mg a day to offset the possibility of aromatization of my androgel..... I read there was no need to worry about it at T levels at or below 700.... mine hover between 1000 and 1300..

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

DIM wont prevent the aromitization. Its not that kind of estrogen blocker. It helps your body eliminate the "bad" estrogens while preserving the "good" estrogen.

Additional info:

diindolylmethane
    A phytonutrient and plant indole found in cruciferous vegetables including broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and kale, with potential antiandrogenic and antineoplastic activities. As a dimer of indole-3-carbinol, diindolylmethane (DIM) promotes beneficial estrogen metabolism in both sexes by reducing the levels of 16-hydroxy estrogen metabolites and increasing the formation of 2-hydroxy estrogen metabolites, resulting in increased antioxidant activity. Although this agent induces apoptosis in tumor cells in vitro, the exact mechanism by which DIM exhibits its antineoplastic activity in vivo is unknown. Check for active clinical trials using this agent. (NCI Thesaurus)

US brand name: BioResponse DIM
    Abbreviation: DIM
    Chemical structure name: 3,3'-diindoylmethane
    Last edited by RedwolfWV; 11-13-2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: additional info
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Do you have any over the counter recommendations for me??
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

ATD if it is still available. Dont dose too high or it will kill your libido. Quercetin is supposed to be good but I've never tried it. Formestane is my all time favorite OTC aromatase inhibitor. There are others.. my mind is just kinda drawing a blank right now. There is at least 1 more good OTC one that I just cant think if. I would keep taking DIM... it is very good at what it does.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    ATD if it is still available. Dont dose too high or it will kill your libido. Quercetin is supposed to be good but I've never tried it. Formestane is my all time favorite OTC aromatase inhibitor. There are others.. my mind is just kinda drawing a blank right now. There is at least 1 more good OTC one that I just cant think if. I would keep taking DIM... it is very good at what it does.
    Thanks,,, I'm real new to this form of supplements .... I am well versed in neutropics, but Testosterone, AIs and other body building specific supplements are new to me.... want to do it right and get the most bang for my buck
  •