Science based reason why OTC estrogen modulators are not as good for PCT as SERMs?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm not asking for citations or sources, but simply a scientific explanation for why OTC estrogen modulators such as AIs are generally laughed at for PCT. I have found that most people's knee jerk reaction is to tell others to take a SERM for every cycle without understanding the risks that SERMs have, or that they sometimes have both agonistic and antagonistic properties, depending on the tissue.

Breast cancer research has begun looking at AIs for treatment as opposed to SERMs, so why could they not work for PCT. Yes, this is our long term health that we are talking about, but this should also be kept in mind when dealing with "research chemicals" which is what many use for their SERM.

So please, let me know whether you think something like an AI could be just as good for PCT as a SERM or not and why.

Thank you in advance for your time!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
there are lots of OTC compounds and products that are extremely effective at controlling estrogen levels and stimulating the HPTA. There are countless people who have run cycles using OTC PCT with no problems. There are even several well versed people who disagree with the use of a SERM for PCT. In many peoples eyes using an effective AI or more than one AI is an effective means of controlling estrogen rebound while simulataneously boosting the HPTA with natural compounds.

If you believe that there absolutely no way of controlling estrogen or stimulating the HPTA without a SERM then I dont know what to tell you.

AI's work
HPTA stimulators work
SERMS work

but to completely rule out one or the other is just not the right thing to do IMO. And not everyone wants to use a prescription medication for it. Especially when there are certain risks involved

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
there are lots of OTC compounds and products that are extremely effective at controlling estrogen levels and stimulating the HPTA. There are countless people who have run cycles using OTC PCT with no problems. There are even several well versed people who disagree with the use of a SERM for PCT. In many peoples eyes using an effective AI or more than one AI is an effective means of controlling estrogen rebound while simulataneously boosting the HPTA with natural compounds.

If you believe that there absolutely no way of controlling estrogen or stimulating the HPTA without a SERM then I dont know what to tell you.

AI's work
HPTA stimulators work
SERMS work

but to completely rule out one or the other is just not the right thing to do IMO. And not everyone wants to use a prescription medication for it. Especially when there are certain risks involved
Thank you nemo. I probably should have stated what my stance is in the first post. I personally believe that there are OTC products that will do what is needed and that a SERM is not necessary. If it works for you, then great, but I do not think that a SERM is the only option. I'm hoping that people will post reasons why they think I am right and also why they think I am wrong.

N.Woods Giant

N.Woods Giant

Awards
  • Established
Nice thread.... I'll be following along for more info as I am curious about this as well.