Is nolva associated with decreased bodyfat?

Sad_que

Awards
Hi. I've been on 10mgED of nolva for two weeks, following a H-drol cycle. Everything is going well and I feel fine.

However, since coming off the H-drol, or since starting on the nolva, I've got SO much leaner. It's not just weight from the H-drol that I'm dropping, I haven't been this lean for months or years. Every day I seem to lose some fat.

However, I've also started intermittent fasting so it's quite possible I'm just getting lean from that. But I wanted to ask if nolva is known to reduce bodyfat as well? Especially on the abdominals. It's conceivable, given that it acts on estrogen receptors.

Thanks

Sad_que

Awards
Well, think of why you take nolva in pct in the first place and you will have answered your own question. Nolva binds to receptor sites so that estrogen can't. Estrogen can promote water retention and fat gains, so inhibiting it would do the opposite.
It acts differently on different receptors/tissues, though, so it's not a given that it would have this effect.

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
Hi. I've been on 10mgED of nolva for two weeks, following a H-drol cycle. Everything is going well and I feel fine.

However, since coming off the H-drol, or since starting on the nolva, I've got SO much leaner. It's not just weight from the H-drol that I'm dropping, I haven't been this lean for months or years. Every day I seem to lose some fat.

However, I've also started intermittent fasting so it's quite possible I'm just getting lean from that. But I wanted to ask if nolva is known to reduce bodyfat as well? Especially on the abdominals. It's conceivable, given that it acts on estrogen receptors.

Thanks
fasting in pct? not a good idea