TOREM VS. NOLVADEX (TAMOX)

grndslam

Awards
did some research and said both are similar...but i heard nolvadex is more toxic...is that true...i just got nolvadex for my serm...should i get torem instead? just wanted to know the difference between the two...more side effects?

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
torem just has a halogen (Cl) on one part of the structure.

from my research it actually lowers estradiol (a little) opposed to nolva (which doesnt).

it also has to be much higher dosed!

grndslam

Awards
i got the liquid nolvadex...if i do 20 per day...can i do half in the am and half in pm ? does it matter just as long as ur getn the 20 a doser per day?

steppinRazor

Awards
ive been told the half life of nolva is long enough there is no need to split doses..
im no expert either but ive seen alot of people here start with higher doses than 20mg and taper down

no reason

no reason

Awards
  • Established
Tamoxifen (Nolvadex):
Pros: Cheap. Effective for gyno prevention.
Cons: Heptatoxicity. Studies have shown it to lower IGF levels (I don't feel like citing, but it's about 20% decrease...IMO no biggie).
Popular Dosage (for a 4-week cycle): 40/40/20/20
Note: Tamoxifen Citrate is less potent, and should be dosed at an extra 30%.

Toremifene:
Pros: Much less toxic.
Con's: $$$$$expensive$$$$$
Popular Dosages (for a 4-week cycle): 120-240mg/120mg/60mg/30mg

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Tamoxifen (Nolvadex):
Pros: Cheap. Effective for gyno prevention.
Cons: Heptatoxicity. Studies have shown it to lower IGF levels (I don't feel like citing, but it's about 20% decrease...IMO no biggie).
Popular Dosage (for a 4-week cycle): 40/40/20/20
Note: Tamoxifen Citrate is less potent, and should be dosed at an extra 30%.
Most tamox pharm tabs are tamoxifen citrate, and are labeled in tamox content only. I'm not sure about exact citrate numbers, but if a tab is labeled 20mg tamoxifen, it's actually 20mg tamox and 5mg? citrate. I forgot what the citrate is there for, but with pharm tabe, if you want 20mg dose, take a 20mg tamox tab. For research chems, no idea...

And yes, tamox tabs are CHEAP, 2-3 cents per mg. Torem is about 6-7 cents per mg, more than 2x the cost of tamox per mg, not to mention that it has to be dosed 2-6x as high. Some people love torem, but some people don't need torem. It all depends on the person. Gotta try both in separate cycles to know how your body responds.