Doc prescribed Tamoxifen for 6 months ?? ...

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
due to my low test numbers she wants me to do 6 months of Tamoxifen (Nolva) at 20 mg a day ... then take a month off and then retest for my test numbers.

I asked/told her about TRT ... she wasn't against it, but wanted to try this first....

Being on this for that amount of time... what supplements do I need to add to it .... one person mentioned doing Erase with it... but I know that has to be cycled...

Looking for some guidance to this situation ..

Thanks

Tony

diegone

Awards
That's a long time running a SERM, I thought Clomid was better than Nolva to raise your test levels.

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
I thought that was a long time... but thats why I posted here... you guys know your stuff ... :)

More opionions the better ... I may be talking to her based on what you guys say ...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6 months for a serm?... i wouldnt go longer than 6 weeks imo.
Women run it for long periods like that. So...????

Follow your doctors advice.
Though I appreciate everyone's opinions on here... a medical doctor is a medical doctor. I'd tend to listen a bit more to the one with the medical degree.

OP: Don't be afraid to voice your concern to your doc and ask them to explain and describe everything to you in detail for your understanding. Perhaps she'll have a reason that will make you go.. "oh, that makes sense."

Also, it's in your right to ask for a second opinion. If you are still concerned after what they have to say, just politely ask if they could provide you witha second opinion.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
run it... tamoxifen was MADE to be run for long periods of time...

if it was me, id take the risk to run it longer to have my test back to where it should be...

it couldnt hurt to run a natty test booster with it... maybe daa and erase.. but run that by the doc first

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the replies guys.... I have done some more research and find that they have women on it for 5 years and more...

I will probably talk with her some more but I have started it at 20 mg a day .... done with the first week.

I do plan on running some test booster with it ... PP's TRS package most likely ...

MikeGfilms

MikeGfilms

Awards
  • Established
run it... tamoxifen was MADE to be run for long periods of time...
For Womens usage...

The side effects have been documented, and dont seem to be very good in the ong run. If you wish to follow your doctors orders then be my guest, personally i wouldnt put my body through that just because the person "has a medical degree"...ive seen many people receive wrong advice from doctors.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
For Womens usage...

The side effects have been documented, and dont seem to be very good in the ong run. If you wish to follow your doctors orders then be my guest, personally i wouldnt put my body through that just because the person "has a medical degree"...ive seen many people receive wrong advice from doctors.

low test/no sex drive/gyno/anxiety vs possible tamoxifen sides..... HMM

i see what your saying about doctors tho... i had 3 different doctors try to put me on anti-depressants for what turned out to be celiacs disease

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
For Womens usage...

you realize long term for this drug is 3-5 YEARS

6 months is nothing.

i agree that its not the best option and people have seen good results with 50mg clomid ever other day.

IMO i would ask the doctor about hCG first before serm therapy and ask about using something like nolva or arimidex in addition to prevent the lesions on the leydig cells that may occur from over use or to frequent use. this shoulld only take 3 months

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
low test/no sex drive/gyno/anxiety vs possible tamoxifen sides..... HMM

i see what your saying about doctors tho... i had 3 different doctors try to put me on anti-depressants for what turned out to be celiacs disease
they find out through an IgA test? or something different. Glad u fouind out before you did any meds like that man.

anabolicscuba

Awards
For Womens usage...

I've also heard of bad advice from doctors. A buddy of mine got test prescribed to him and the doc told him he would have no problem whatsoever getting his wife pregnant. I tried to get TRT from a different doc and he told me it would the best birth control he could prescribe.
Point being they don't always know everything, but will often pretend to. Just get a second opinion.

smt1

Awards
1. Absolutely no problem taking a SERM long term under supervision of a doctor. Breast Cancer suvivors, for both genders (yes, it does happen very rarely in men too) take it for years.

2. Surprising that the doctor didn't prescribe Clomid instead of Tamoxifen. It's much more commonly used in HPTA-restart protocols for men in a clinical setting. Tamoxifen might work, but there's been a lot more research done on Clomid for this specific purpose.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
LOL - I would damn sure follow the advice of a Doctor before anyone on this board - sorry. If you have a problem with her directions - how about telling her your concerns and then allowing her to respond to them with her reasoning behind what she's doing?

You can always get a second opinion - I just wouldn't get one from this board. No one on this board is legally liable for a thing they say here - well, they might be - but it would be damned hard to hold 'em to it.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree...see a second doc and get a second opinion.

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
test level was 208

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I would go with something different than the PP test recovery stack with your serm IMO.

DAA, T booster of your choice, low dose AI