SERMs and potential blod clots and stroke.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.86%

SERMs and potential blod clots and stroke.

I'm going to bring up an interesting question that's been spinning around in my head ever since i went to a urologist to check if the soldiers are still fit for duty.

After speaking with the doc he says the constant cycling of on and off and your testes rebounding so often is detrimental to the long term of your sperm count. eventually leading to possible infertility. He said quote,"they will rebound only so many times". He pointed me to the method of HRT which seems to be a bit safer. He also seemed to be a strong proponent of testosterone gels for delivery rather than injections.

Additionally he almost feinted when i told him i used SERMs after a cycle. He said that there's a rather fatal side effect with blood clots and strokes. This isn't talked about much on the boards or... well anywhere for that matter. I had to specifically look up this problem and it seems that the people who use it for what the drug is intended (fertility) are having issues with this.

So on to my question... there has to be a safer way. I've used DIM coming off mdrol before with moderate success. is there a way to cover MOST of the bases without resorting to dangerous substances like SERMs?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

That's why I try to always recommend a low dose SERM, just to try and negate some of the toxicity levels of SERMs.

The low dose SERM needs to be accompanied by an OTC PCT. I know Primordial makes quality supplements and I have the most experience with their line. The Testosterone Replacement Stack is going to work great with a low dose SERM.

If you want to only run the TRS, then it will suffice for shorter cycle. Anything over 6 weeks it may not be as effective unless you run it longer. 8 weeks instead of 4, but you'd need two of them. And that's just flat out too expensive.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  3. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesteakboy View Post
    I'm going to bring up an interesting question that's been spinning around in my head ever since i went to a urologist to check if the soldiers are still fit for duty.

After speaking with the doc he says the constant cycling of on and off and your testes rebounding so often is detrimental to the long term of your sperm count. eventually leading to possible infertility. He said quote,"they will rebound only so many times". He pointed me to the method of HRT which seems to be a bit safer. He also seemed to be a strong proponent of testosterone gels for delivery rather than injections.

Additionally he almost feinted when i told him i used SERMs after a cycle. He said that there's a rather fatal side effect with blood clots and strokes. This isn't talked about much on the boards or... well anywhere for that matter. I had to specifically look up this problem and it seems that the people who use it for what the drug is intended (fertility) are having issues with this.

So on to my question... there has to be a safer way. I've used DIM coming off mdrol before with moderate success. is there a way to cover MOST of the bases without resorting to dangerous substances like SERMs?

Personally if you are looking for the best all around PCT that you can have without going the SERM route, you should consider the TRS.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.86%

Says here that AI's aren't anywhere near as bad. that in conjuction with a smart use of hcg would be a good way to go.

I'm thinking of running a nice long 12 weeker here soon and i'll be a little smarter about my PCT. to hell with these SERMs man... why does everybody recommend using them if they're this bad?
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.9%

Says here that AI's aren't anywhere near as bad. that in conjuction with a smart use of hcg would be a good way to go.

I'm thinking of running a nice long 12 weeker here soon and i'll be a little smarter about my PCT. to hell with these SERMs man... why does everybody recommend using them if they're this bad?
    Because it's what everyone does. So people usually just follow suit. Some intelligent minds develop other products, but because the big boys want to keep their hierarchy intact, they just keep putting OTC pct down.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  6. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%

hCG is a very smart choice for a 12 week cycle, and will surely help with your recovery. Eric has an article on hCG usage as well.

Personally, on a 12 week cycle, I would still use a SERM, but I would do it in a lower dosage than necessary since I would be running the TRS.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.86%

I'm glad PP is out to help. you guys have a lot of real information and scientific facts to back your **** rather than all this bro-science everybody on the boards uses.

paying three times the price for a proper PCT is a little tough to swallow BUT when it comes down to if i'm going to get a blood clot and die or not, the choice really isn't much of a choice anymore, is it?

*lol'ing at the fact my PCT is going to cost more than my gear.
    Last edited by tbonesteakboy; 01-28-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: lulz
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.31%

Serms is way too pushed imo. I will admit, im toying with the idea of using a serm, but the idea of being able to do it naturally interests me more. I think for my next prohormone run ill only be using ( for PCT )the Testosterone Recovery Stack and TCF-1. I have a lot of confidence in this combo right here. If it does not bring me back to 100% fast enough, ill consider more to adding a serm.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  °¿° lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.08%

Is a month on a SERM really that toxic? I thought these issues only came up in patients that were on long term SERM use.
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

or you could just not use steroids, then you'd have nothing to worry about.

wich is alot better than wondering if that hundred so dollars you spent for pct products is worth it, or even if it'll work.

trs isn't made for stronger cycles, maybe turinabol, or 1-t, or their new andro series, but something like superdrol, no way.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.86%

no way dude i'm DONE with PH's. my LDL is messed up hardcore right now. It's only straight up test inj for me in the future.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  °¿° lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.08%

What will you use for PCT after a test cycle?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.86%

that's what i was hoping to find out here... maybe raloxifene + TRS.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.4%

ralax and torem are supposed to have LOW toxicity levels
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  °¿° lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.08%

Someone should run Clomid and/or Nolva for 4 weeks and get bloods done. I don't think short term use is detrimental..
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.86%

ralox has some pretty big numbers for thrombosis within the first 6 MONTHS of treatment. obviously there's no studies out there that include 4 weeks of treatment...

anyway, i'm thinking by controlling estrogen DURING and using hcg properlly, then low dosing a SERM and going a little more natural for my PCT i may mitigate SOME of these risks. I'm not a big fan of getting blood work done, but for the sake of science i would love to get some numbers to everybody during 4 weeks of low dosing raloxifene, though i don't think there's any blood work that will show a thrombosis or embolism is on the way. correct me if i'm wrong here...
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.86%

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

wich is alot better than wondering if that hundred so dollars you spent for pct products is worth it, or even if it'll work.

trs isn't made for stronger cycles, maybe turinabol, or 1-t, or their new andro series, but something like superdrol, no way.
    also, not to ignore the validity of this... as i see where you're coming from. steroids is playing with fire. i know this... trust me. I'm not doing this because i think there's no risk of hurting myself, or because i think i'm invincible. what i AM doing is reducing potential risk by re-assessing my options. of course there would be less or no risk of a pulmonary embolism if i didn't do this. sure i would be safer if i didn't.

Let's take a step back and understand why i'm on here. I want to know a safer (not totally safe and idiot proof) way of getting my goals with what i have available to me.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.56%

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

^^^This

Any strong PH/DS or any AAS cycle needs a SERM. Perhaps not at the absurd doses that some AAS users tend to dose tham at, but at reasonable dosing, they are proven to be safe and effective.

I too find it quite hypocritical of steroid users who introduce an exogenous substance that trashes lipid profiles, stresses the liver, kidneys and prostate, and shuts down endogenous testosterone production, but then blame the SERM to be "bad guy" of the cycle. WTF!?!?

Generally speaking, SERMs have excellent safety and efficacy records. Of course they have their side effects; but most of the more life threatening sides come at high doses over extended periods of time; certainly not at the doses and time frames that most AAS users use them.

OP, just as an FYI, Raloxifene is also a SERM and most AI's are pretty damaging to lipid profiles. Something to keep in mind. Nolvadex, Clomid, and Fareston are all very proven, reliable, and safe methods of recovery. I don't buy into the propoganda proposed by many OTC supplement manufacturers. OTC products have their place too, but should be used for very light cycles, as monotherapy, or in conjunction with a SERM during a PCT for stronger PH/DS/AAS cycles.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.86%

I know ralox is a serm... I think I said that. I know serms aren't the only bad guy here. Wait wait hold on here im trying to get a safer alternative not a flame on what everybody else is saying. I think you're biased on years of broscience and wont take a forward approach on something new. And what do you mean proven? You're saying that everybody on the boards is doing it. Look my first post was about a doctor warning me... so unless you cough up a doctorite im going to believe they aren't as safe as people are lead to believe. Additionally Eric from PP has some pretty convincing evidence.

Im not entirely sure you read everything here or you're taking things out of context maybe.

I had to churn this out on my droid so excuse the grammar and spelling.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.55%

I'm interested in triptorelin which is an GnRH agonist. Theres only minimal research on it's use, but from what i've seen and heard it looks promising
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.9%

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbinmuffin View Post
    Someone should run Clomid and/or Nolva for 4 weeks and get bloods done. I don't think short term use is detrimental..
    Blood won't show blood clots. Or other small things that toxicity might do. But if anyone is worried about that, then don't cycle.

Honestly, if you want to use a SERM, just use toremifene. It's not going to lower IGF-1 or GH. It's purported to have lower toxicity than other SERMs.

If you want to reduce toxicity even more, run it low dose with the TRS. If you have a vendetta against OTC PCT, don't talk trash on the TRS. Unless you've used it and gotten bloodwork showing it is bad, don't lump it in with other **** like novedex.

Novedex is why OTC PCT has a bad name. Yes, that stuff IS garbage and enough testimonials from people can pretty much seal that one.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.1%

I've been building my body since 1985 ...

Did it totally naturally up until this year when I ran an Epistane cycle followed by Torem PCT.

But ... during all the years I was natural - I had plenty of buddies who did steroids.

Not an expert - and with the new "designer steroids" that are less suppressive - maybe OTC PCT is the way to go ... I dunno.

But I can tell you straight up - people went to SERMS because body builders were getting gyno and losing their gains after quitting the juice.

And the SERMS work. I've never known anyone who had a blood clot, or a stroke, or had their livers explode on a SERM.

If you go OTC - I won't criticize you. For me actually - I'm scared of Clomid and Nolva, due to other sides I've heard attached to them. Others love Clomid and Nolva. For me - I like Torem (thinking about buying the pills next go-round).

Different people have different views - that's fine. Some like SERMS, some don't - to each his own.

Back in 1984, my buddies didn't use anything for PCT. They accepted the fact that they'd lose a percentage of their gains - that kind of sucked.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  °¿° lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.08%

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    Blood won't show blood clots. Or other small things that toxicity might do. But if anyone is worried about that, then don't cycle.
    I know. I'm curious about liver values since these things are "toxic".
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.9%

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbinmuffin View Post
    I know. I'm curious about liver values since these things are "toxic".
    Yah, liver toxicity is overstated... but when run after a course of methyls and perhaps in conjunction with drinking (only if someone is really dumb) and aspirin.... then it starts getting wacky.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.86%

Had bloods done 30 days after mdrol PULSE with otc pct and test levels were fine... more than fine actually. But the LDL levels were waaaay high. All I used for pct was DIM and terrestris. But we all know methyls do this. Sadly my doc didn't mark estradiol in my test so who knows how that was. I had itchy nips the whole way throght the pulse.

Hey if I get bloods done after my 12 weeks of test and PCT with ralox + trs maybe that will change some minds. I will modify the dosage of ralox if I can get some advice on how I should do it. That's cool if PP wants to shed some light on the subject. Or if anybody else is in the know.

Thanks for confirming big, no test for thombosis. Guess the only test is having one... and if anybody is confused(thrombosis or deep vein thrombosis(DVT) = blood clot) another possible side effect is pulmonary embolism whish is a clot in the lung)
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.4%

Quote Originally Posted by HondaV65 View Post
    I've been building my body since 1985 ...

Did it totally naturally up until this year when I ran an Epistane cycle followed by Torem PCT.

But ... during all the years I was natural - I had plenty of buddies who did steroids.

Not an expert - and with the new "designer steroids" that are less suppressive - maybe OTC PCT is the way to go ... I dunno.

But I can tell you straight up - people went to SERMS because body builders were getting gyno and losing their gains after quitting the juice.

And the SERMS work. I've never known anyone who had a blood clot, or a stroke, or had their livers explode on a SERM.

If you go OTC - I won't criticize you. For me actually - I'm scared of Clomid and Nolva, due to other sides I've heard attached to them. Others love Clomid and Nolva. For me - I like Torem (thinking about buying the pills next go-round).

Different people have different views - that's fine. Some like SERMS, some don't - to each his own.

Back in 1984, my buddies didn't use anything for PCT. They accepted the fact that they'd lose a percentage of their gains - that kind of sucked.
    Designer steroids aren't less suppressive- tell me Superdrol, or pherplex, or m1t isnt suppressive
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  27. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%

Had bloods done 30 days after mdrol PULSE with otc pct and test levels were fine... more than fine actually. But the LDL levels were waaaay high. All I used for pct was DIM and terrestris. But we all know methyls do this. Sadly my doc didn't mark estradiol in my test so who knows how that was. I had itchy nips the whole way throght the pulse.

Hey if I get bloods done after my 12 weeks of test and PCT with ralox + trs maybe that will change some minds. I will modify the dosage of ralox if I can get some advice on how I should do it. That's cool if PP wants to shed some light on the subject. Or if anybody else is in the know.

Thanks for confirming big, no test for thombosis. Guess the only test is having one... and if anybody is confused(thrombosis or deep vein thrombosis(DVT) = blood clot) another possible side effect is pulmonary embolism whish is a clot in the lung)
    No idea personally on the ralox, officially we tend to find torem the serm of choice. But rather than trying to just give you a google answer, I'll ask around PP for you.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

no way dude i'm DONE with PH's. my LDL is messed up hardcore right now. It's only straight up test inj for me in the future.

testosterone is a pro hormone btw.
    just saying...
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.56%

I think you're biased on years of broscience and wont take a forward approach on something new.
    Sorry my friend. No "broscience" here, just real science. In fact I hate that term with a passion. It implies group think, and unlike so many other dolts that post on many of the body building forums, I am quite capable of thinking onmy own. Years and years of education allow me to conduct my own research and draw my own conclusions. I won't make mention of my profession, education level, nor do I need to prove anything to you or anyone else. It is not relevant to this discussion.

Additionally, my PCTs have always been supported by pre, intra, and post cycle blood work, further supporting that SERMs are safe and effective. I can’t say this to be true for many other people on the forum offering up their “awesome knowledge”. I am always responsible with my cycles and can damn well afford a robust cycle, PCT, and the relevant blood work.

And what do you mean proven? You're saying that everybody on the boards is doing it.
    What do I mean by proven? I mean that SERMs have been PROVEN and used for decades now in the medical field, with great success, in both the treatments of cancer as well as fertility issues in both men and women. Nolvadex and Clomid have been around for decades and have been PROVEN safe and effective. Of course you can dissect the side effects and find all sorts of potential scary sides (potential being the key word). But, you can do the same thing with aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol, Xanax,, Prozac, Lipitor, and I almost forgot one…steroids…you know, all of those FDA approved pharmaceuticals. I suggest you do a little more research.

Look my first post was about a doctor warning me... so unless you cough up a doctorite im going to believe they aren't as safe as people are lead to believe.
    Umm, so I am suppose to believe third-hand information from you that you obtained from your doctor and that you could have misinterpreted? If you doctor did in fact give you one side of the story, I suggest you find a new doctor. Personally, I think your doctor closer represents a small feathered animal with an elongated beak and webbed feet. Again, there is no need for me to prove any level of education to you or anyone else.

Additionally Eric from PP has some pretty convincing evidence.

Im not entirely sure you read everything here or you're taking things out of context maybe.
    You do realize that Eric Potratz might, just maybe, have some vested incentive to steer people away from the use of a SERM and into the use of his OTC products? While his articles are interesting and filled with relevant facts and compelling, educated arguments against the use of SERMs, I have read many of them and find them to be somewhat bias toward the use of something he sells rather than being completely objective. While I like and use some PP products, I would never support the use of their products, or any OTC products, alone for PCT. In fact, I believe Eric endorses the use of a moderate SERM in conjunction with his OTC products. This is the same approach I take. Perhaps you should dig up that article.

My suggestion; do your own research! I have done hundreds of hours of my own reasearch (outside body building and steroid forums) that support that SERMs are safe and highly effective when dosed properly. Then again, each person needs to gain their own personal level of comfort with any substance prior to using it.

Good luck with finding your safe alternative. Let me know when you come up with the next miracle PCT. Perhaps you can stuff in some LiquaVade. Until then, I will stick to my trusty Clomid. Aahh, Clomid…works EVERY TIME!
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.86%

Lol rage post.

Anyway let's stay on track. The topic is potential risk with current SERMs and clotting. So far none of us have heard of this happening in the BB community but is there any risk possible? Eric from PP has some interesting information available. If anybody can provide some scientific evidence in the way of medical documentation to back this up...

Its already well known that most all SERMs cause clotting and other issues but the evidence is presented in longer term patients.

My original question was how we can mitigate potential risks with some other options. Im willing to try these other options and provide bloodwork for effectiveness, but cannot provide proof that the new method will prevent or reduce risk of clotting. (If method includes any use of a SERM)
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92%

This is silly. SERMs like estrogen can cause blood clots etc but it is a very rare side effect. Its extremely beneficial effect on HDL cholesterol levels pretty much offsets vascular / heart risks especially for people that use it after AAS. Check out your lipid profile after say a superdrol cycle - if your doctor was so concerned about using SERMs he would probably have killed himself to see almost double digit LDL/HDL ratios. If you are so concerned about your risk for deep vein thrombosis after a month on a SERM then maybe use asprin (you shouldn't have to). Women with breast cancer take tamoxifen for upto 5 years with minimal side effects. They only stop after 5 years because of increased uterine cancer risk (raloxifen was developed for this reason).

If I had to design the perfect drug to fix the damage done by AAS it would be tamoxifen. It acts as a antagonist of ER in the brain restoring the HPTA axis rapidly, acts as an agonist in the liver helping with cholesterol, antagonist in the breast preventing gyno etc. As mentioned before AAS use is many times more dangerous than SERMs. SERMs are the theoretically perfect PCT drug with a proven safety and efficacy record. That being said, I think that they are still powerful drugs and need to used sparingly and in a well researched manner.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.56%

Lol rage post.
    Lol, hardly, but I am OK with that.

I don't have a problem with the point of your thread in trying to find a safer alternative. I am growing tired of the over-hyped dangers people claim with respect to using tried and true therpaies that inlcude SERMs. This lends iteself to scaring newbies and misrepresentation of the real risks of SERMs, which results in someone sticking to an OTC PCT for Superdrol or DMZ and never recovering and growing a set of fun bags. Then they will go to their doctor, complain about their symnptoms, doc will blame it on the steroids, report it to the FDA, and the FDA then will get involved and start banning substances that so many other people use responsibly. This is a sad reality and that book has already been written a few times now.

Instead, why don't we try to mitigate the real risk and provide meaningful information that is not misleading of the risks of using a SERM during PCT (of which is very short in duration, greatly reducing the risk of potential side effects). These scare tactics used by many of the OTC PCT manufacturers to discuss the dangers of SERMs is misleading in many ways and is really a marketing tactic used to generate revenues. To say otherwise would just prove to someone to be naive.

Again, I find it to be the epitome of hypocritical when steroid users claim they won't use a SERM for PCT because of the risk of side effects. So how does this make sense?? It doesn't...bottom line.
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.9%

Lol rage post.

Anyway let's stay on track. The topic is potential risk with current SERMs and clotting. So far none of us have heard of this happening in the BB community but is there any risk possible? Eric from PP has some interesting information available. If anybody can provide some scientific evidence in the way of medical documentation to back this up...

Its already well known that most all SERMs cause clotting and other issues but the evidence is presented in longer term patients.

My original question was how we can mitigate potential risks with some other options. Im willing to try these other options and provide bloodwork for effectiveness, but cannot provide proof that the new method will prevent or reduce risk of clotting. (If method includes any use of a SERM)
    I wonder when a steroid user that frequently runs PCT becomes a long term user. Depending on the length of cycles, if someone runs 3 or 4 short cycles a year, with 3 or 4 PCTs with SERMs... that adds up. 12 to 16 weeks of SERM usage.

People who use OTC PCT often just use the wrong kinds which causes everyone to think OTC is not going to work. Yes, if you use a 30 or 40 bottle of some random OTC PCT, it won't do much. IMO, nothing is going to be more effective than the TRS. It covers all the bases in a very straightforward way. No proprietary blends, no hidden ingredients. It's all up front and quality.

Also, the older one gets the harder it is to recover. Then they might NEED a pharmacological PCT.

I'm not trying to demonize SERMs. I usually recommend them for 6 week or longer cycles. Just to be on the face side HPTA wise. If people don't want adverse side effects, they probably shouldn't screw with their hormones anyway.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.1%

I think one key point that folks are missing here ... is that - these studies include populations of cancer patients - who may not be in the best of physical condition when the drug is administered anyway.

Anyone seen a study on healthy individuals and their reactions to the SERMS?
  35. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%

Quote Originally Posted by eolmack View Post
    You do realize that Eric Potratz might, just maybe, have some vested incentive to steer people away from the use of a SERM and into the use of his OTC products? While his articles are interesting and filled with relevant facts and compelling, educated arguments against the use of SERMs, I have read many of them and find them to be somewhat bias toward the use of something he sells rather than being completely objective. While I like and use some PP products, I would never support the use of their products, or any OTC products, alone for PCT. In fact, I believe Eric endorses the use of a moderate SERM in conjunction with his OTC products. This is the same approach I take. Perhaps you should dig up that article.
    Take a look, accusing Eric of writing articles only to sell products is not accurate, do we carry a product for everything mentioned here?
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.56%

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post

Take a look, accusing Eric of writing articles only to sell products is not accurate, do we carry a product for everything mentioned here?
    I am not accusing him of any wrong doing. Rather, I am suggesting that many of his research articles circle back to some product that PP manufactures. As mentioned above, I find Eric's articles to be very informative. However, in almost every article I have read, Eric also takes a position which is one that redirects the reader to a product he sells and supports his position. Have you read his "Educational Articles" yourself? In every one, there is a link to one of his products.

I am not suggesting that Eric is wrong for taking this approach. He has a vested interest and passion for his products and the position he takes is usually supported by a plethera of evidence. I can't blame the guy for that. However, I still maintain that people shouldn't take everything in those articles at face value, or as objective evidence, and that there could be potential for bias, considering he makes his living selling OTC PCT products, as well as other supplements.

People should consider Eric's articles as good information, however, they should also look outside of the Primordial Performance library when assessing whether or not to use a SERM.
  37. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%

I am not accusing him of any wrong doing. Rather, I am suggesting that many of his research articles circle back to some product that PP manufactures. As mentioned above, I find Eric's articles to be very informative. However, in almost every article I have read, Eric also takes a position which is one that redirects the reader to a product he sells and supports his position. Have you read his "Educational Articles" yourself? In every one, there is a link to one of his products.

I am not suggesting that Eric is wrong for taking this approach. He has a vested interest and passion for his products and the position he takes is usually supported by a plethera of evidence. I can't blame the guy for that. However, I still maintain that people shouldn't take everything in those articles at face value, or as objective evidence, and that there could be potential for bias, considering he makes his living selling OTC PCT products, as well as other supplements.

People should consider Eric's articles as good information, however, they should also look outside of the Primordial Performance library when assessing whether or not to use a SERM.
    Fair enough. I always recommend people to research until they can't possibly find anymore information, so no argument there. With the articles, however, I would state that it is obvious there would be a connection to products we sell, that is why he produces products he believes in. But not all articles are in fact related to our products. Steroid profiles on steroids we never released, hCG article (the Toco-8 and Test Boost link are supplemental).
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.86%

I think the risk of a possibly fatal side effect can be lessened by a smarter PCT. Now this makes the argument of "if you don't like side effects from substance z then don't do substance y" a moot point. Its not hypocritical to say you don't want to DIE from your pct.

Im wondering if the lessened dosage in conjuction with other methods actually lessens risk? I mean to say is clotting dosage dependant or length of time dependant? Also, is there less risk of cycling the drug? I have read some information from a clinical trial that HRT patients have exhibited clotting past the 5 year mark.

As a side note... can I use ralox or torem like tamox for intra-cycle gyno flare ups?
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Well yes you are correct, however he is giving alternatives that he developed specifically based on the research done in those studies such as the Darkside article. Not every supplement company is out to just propagate sales based on pseudo-science or trying to make a quick buck. PP actually wants to help their customers, it's why we use all natural ingredients, and post educational articles on the dangers and proper use of some of these "supplements."

40. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.56%

I think the risk of a possibly fatal side effect can be lessened by a smarter PCT. Now this makes the argument of "if you don't like side effects from substance z then don't do substance y" a moot point. Its not hypocritical to say you don't want to DIE from your pct.
    I agree that the risk of any potential side effect can be mitigated by using a PCT that is well designed. However, it does not make the arguement a moot point. PCT has become a standard component of the modern steroid cycle. Like it or not, the best current available therapy for recovery is a SERM. Using a SERM is an inherent risk of any well desigend steroid cycle (which itself poses more potential risk), in that the risks associated with not using a SERM outweigh the risks of using a SERM.

So, how is it not hypocritical of one to accept the risks associated with using a steroid, yet they are not willing to accept the risk of using a SERM to mitigate the risks associated with of discontinuing the use of said steroid? So, let me get this right...people are willing to DIE from using a steroid, yet they are NOT willing to DIE from their PCT (which carries far less risk than the steroid itself)?

I do beleive Torem can be used in a similar manner. Personally, I prefer Clomid, but I beleive lots of Nolvadex users are transitioning to Fareston/Torem as their preferred SERM. I've rad nothing but good things about it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. New! Stroke n Pose Site Enhancing Oil
    By magdielgte in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 12:32 AM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 06:25 PM
  3. Nate Dogg paralyzed after stroke
    By smackshosh in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 03:49 AM
  4. blood clots from 1-T. my experience.