my rats say my reasearch liquids taste like S..H____

purelife1

any ideas on how to improve the flavor for them..they normaly prefer the very nice tabs i buy for them but had to settle for burning in the throat ruin the flavor of everything for the day liquid:aargh:

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
My rats have come to like the taste of their ancillary meds. However there are times they feel like something different, at which point I mix thier meds with a protein shake. Any further whining from my rats and I kill them.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the easy answer is to pick up a pack of empty capsules, and right before you are going to feed it to the rats, use the eyedropper to put it in the capsules instead, and have them swallow those. a 00 capsule holds .75ml of liquid. You can't fill the capsules in advance, as the research materials will usually eat through the cap after a bit of time.

purelife1

tried the protein shake for them and much better..will try to round them up some capsules this week

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
tried the protein shake for them and much better..will try to round them up some capsules this week
I don't mix the chems in anything. When you're ingesting a big protein shake, a few milligrams/grams of it sticking to the side of a shaker bottle won't matter. When you're taking in 20mg of something, though, you might think twice about letting some of it remain as residue in a cup

tommygunzz

tommygunzz

Awards
I squirt in mouth and chase with water. CEM Products flavors their chems so it's not so bad....but still tastes like sh*t.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Tell your rats to stop being such a pus-c.

And you stop being a pus-c and try it for yourself.

Not like your doing anything illegal.